Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Would you like the new packaging style?
I hate our packaging style now, so i would love any change 8 13.33%
I really don't care as long as they make good units 45 75.00%
NOOO!! The packaging style is perfect!!! 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM

Adam has disabled reputation
New packaging??

I remeber somewhere that craig or some hasbro guy said that there was gunna be new packaging style. Has this happened yet? I don't see much difference in the packaging, except they are coming up w/ less people names (thora's vengance, mallidon's prophecy) and more "Thing" names (DoD, FoV) and that they are packaging only snow. . . sigh. . . .Sorry if there is already a topic, but i searched, and got nothing. (except a thread about how rediculous the cards are packaged, and i agree!!!)

Any updates about what or when it will be/happen???

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
No updates. And I don't think many people will care how stuff is packaged.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM

Yeah i thought so, but there are some people who might like the style (IDK who thought LOL) and i voted that i don't care, as long as they have good units.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Exactly why this is a pointless thread. There is no point to have a poll that everyone is gonna vote that they don't care.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:26 PM

well the poll might be an appendix, but the post itself has some purpose.

I put the poll up because some people actually do care which way it goes.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nothing has been released in 2007 yet, so we haven't seen any new packaging.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I really do want to see new packaging. I like the smaller, sleeker, flagbearer boxes a lot. The current expansion boxes are also a real pain in the hoo-hah to open up and I'm always worried about damaging the army cards. I've got a good method for opening them now but at first, especially, it was pretty irritating. I also wonder if anybody has thrown out the army cards because they didn't know to pull apart the backing cardboard to get to them. That's kind of a weird place to put them. I could also see people not noticing the glyphs in the wave 1 packs and tossing them out.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
I don't care too much about the packaging , except for as you said, opening up the expansions without damaging the cards can be a little tricky. I would imagine more than several cards have been damaged on the first 1 or 2 packs that people have opened.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:59 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
I really do want to see new packaging. I like the smaller, sleeker, flagbearer boxes a lot. The current expansion boxes are also a real pain in the hoo-hah to open up and I'm always worried about damaging the army cards. I've got a good method for opening them now but at first, especially, it was pretty irritating. I also wonder if anybody has thrown out the army cards because they didn't know to pull apart the backing cardboard to get to them. That's kind of a weird place to put them. I could also see people not noticing the glyphs in the wave 1 packs and tossing them out.
Yes, I did that once, absentmindedly. I knew better, but just forgot to take out the army cards. Luckily they were commons that I already had, or I would have been at the garbage dump looking for them!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The new Swarm of the Marro box is more green than red, at least in the prototype shot from Toyfair. I wonder if post-SOTM expansions will switch to green packaging.

I really don't care what type of packaging the game is in though. I like clear packs so I can see if the figures are damaged or not, but otherwise it doesn't really matter. I think the less packaging the better to help keep costs down. I bet they could ditch that flap at the top and just square off the plastic bubble so the packs can stack easily.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
The new Swarm of the Marro box is more green than red, at least in the prototype shot from Toyfair. I wonder if post-SOTM expansions will switch to green packaging.

I really don't care what type of packaging the game is in though. I like clear packs so I can see if the figures are damaged or not, but otherwise it doesn't really matter. I think the less packaging the better to help keep costs down. I bet they could ditch that flap at the top and just square off the plastic bubble so the packs can stack easily.
Good point. Less packeging=cheaper price=happy scapers.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
The paint job quality can be pretty haphazard, so as long as the figures can be seen clearly, so I can pick the set with the best paint job, I don't mind.

The small flagbearer boxes are very nice and easy to open.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion