Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old May 27th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sports: NHL

Man, the Penguins look terrible. As an avid Hurricanes fan, I'm not ashamed to say I grew up a Pens fan, and I have been pulling for them since the Canes missed the playoffs (barely). Detroit is stomping them into the ground, though. Now they have to win 4 out of 5... against the Red Wings. Yeesh. The Pens appear to be the future of the NHL, so this will all be a good learning experience for them. It seems, however, that this season is probably over.
Old May 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sports: NHL

All I can say is that I don't feel so bad about my Dallas Stars after seeing how the Pens are being treated.

Old May 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart

Well, the Pens woke up enough to win game 3!

But not enough, in my opinion to convince me they can win 3 of the next 4.
Keeping their home record perfect is a must if they have any chance.

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They played like a team possessed, but they still only won by one goal. They really need to kick it into another gear to keep pace with the Red Wings. Winning game 3 was a must, though, so we'll see what happens from here.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wow, there are others here besides Rev that are hockey fans. Cool!

Anyway, I am a big Pens fan, them and the Blackhawks. I've watched probably 90% of the Pens games this season and have really enjoyed it, until they had to play the Dead Things. The first two games were not Pens hockey in any way shape or form. Whether it was nerves or facing the best defensive/puck controlling and skilled team thus far in the playoffs, I don't know. It was likely both.

Lastnight they finally got the stuff together and had the confidence to play the way they had all playoffs long until now. They got in deep and maintained puck control, as well as pressuring the Wings' defense. Sure the Wings D are good but other than Lidstrom, they aren't all superstars. I was cussing at the TV (for all the good it did me) for the first two games, because the Pens didn't attack the Wings' defensemen, they let them take the puck and then push it up the other way.

Orpik was a beast out there, hitting and blocking shots.

The forwards finally figured out how to hold on to the puck a little longer instead of rushing their passes or dump-ins which had previously caused turnovers.

The defense played better, though Scuderi was an idiot for going to the outside and losing position on Franzen. Gill did a good number on Holmstrom, but he still needs to put more zip on his outlets or clearing attempts, for being 6'7", he sometimes clears the puck like a little girl.

Fleury has been awesome all along, though he didn't get much support in the first too games, offensively or defensively.

Osgood has been good when he's had to for the Wings, that is when the punk isn't flopping or diving to draw penalties.

My wife is a huge Stars fan and she had to put up with them getting spanked by the Wings. So while watching the first to games of Pens vs. Wings, she said, "Now you see what I had to put up with when watching the Stars play the Wings. It isn't fun is it?"

Oh well, let's hope they found their confidence and can carry the momemtum to win three more games. They must hold serve at home and either take game five in Detroit or force a game seven where anything can happen.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like your wife's choice of teams to root for. Tell her I feel her pain.

Old May 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Go Pens. it was nice to see them do well. We need to keep it up. We also still need to to better though because we dodged a lot of bullets last game, it could of gone either way. We had enough chances to blow them away, but we have trouble finishing. I just hope we can keep it up.
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
I like your wife's choice of teams to root for. Tell her I feel her pain.
I'll tell her, but you guys were liking it when Hull was in the crease against Buffalo

Here's a couple of her Stars stuff. The large picture on the left was a surprise gift to her from her work on her 15th anniversary there. She works at an advertising company, so they had a guy in the art department do a poster of her in Modano's uniform, he also included our three dogs (at the time) and a cameo of Modano in the crowd holding up a sign with a 15 on it (for 15 years). The smaller picture on the right is just one of Modano that I got her a few years ago for her birthday.

She also has a Modano jersey, MacFarlane figure and several hockey cards. She's also been a big fan of Morrow and Ott. We also have the Michael Jordan wall with some pictures of him.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, I usually don't stray from the Heroscape threads, but I'm glad to see some hockey talk, especially on a mostly American board.

I grew up a Pens fan, and although my glory years of fandom peaked with the Lemieux era after several years of disappointments the Pens are looking good again.

They looked so good in the playoffs it was disappointing to see their first two games against Detroit. If it had at least been close it would not have been so bad, but the Penguins just didn't seem to have anything after the first period of game one.
If they can win game 4, they can win it all, I believe.
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Man, the Penguins look terrible. As an avid Hurricanes fan, I'm not ashamed to say I grew up a Pens fan, and I have been pulling for them since the Canes missed the playoffs (barely). Detroit is stomping them into the ground, though. Now they have to win 4 out of 5... against the Red Wings. Yeesh. The Pens appear to be the future of the NHL, so this will all be a good learning experience for them. It seems, however, that this season is probably over.
For once, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong!
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

I really hope the Pens can keep it up.
I'm a Devils fan so, I usually root for the east if they don't make it and Detroit is one of the 3 or 4 teams that I hate the most.
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:46 PM

Noob is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Talking Re: Sports: NHL

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
RED WINGS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
1 more game!

Everyone else does it sooo......
2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF, 1 TT, and soon, 2 TJ

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV