Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 16th, 2020, 12:25 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Totally fine. The main thing is that you are trying ‘em out, and that makes me happy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:47 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Hello all,

as there is no BOOKS of any of the Wildwoods yet, I feel compelled to ask a few rulings about these fellas I had as I was playtesting them today:

1) Monarch's Nature's Keeper ability - Wildwoods can't attack each other. Ok. This raises the question: Can you normally attack your own friendly figure, or does it have to be with some sort of opponent taking control of a figure/Marcu shenanigans? I was never aware it was an option to attack your own guys.

2) Seedling + Verdant Growth + Vigorous Growth - How do these abilities 'stack'? I have not really ever heard a proper ruling about how multiple triggered abilities resolve in Heroscape, one at a time or simultaneously. If you have a previously destroyed monarch and a previously destroyed sentinel, can you resolve Vigorous growth, then Verdant growth, then get a seedling? It's only really clear to me that these abilities only trigger once, but it is not clear to me if a monarch that begins the round destroyed has to be on the battlefield for the seedling power to resolve, if they happen one at a time. What's more, can you destroy your own runner to turn it into a sentinel, and then place that runner you just destroyed by the monarch's seedling ability?

3) This is the simplest question to answer, but with the bonding on these guys, one order marker on the Monarch allows you to also take a turn with a sentinel and a runner because of the way it chains, right?
I wood be happy to answer your wild questions.

1) Yup. You are allowed to attack your own dudes, even when the unit is still under your own control. For most armies its not really a good decision, but sometimes its a good option.

2) You get to choose which powers take effect first, since they are your units. If an opponent had a power that also triggered at the same time (before placing order markers, then you would roll off on the d20 to see which power takes effect first.
Additionally, each power resolves before a new one takes effect.
To “stack them”, you can use Vigorous Growth and Verdant Growth (but not Seedling, because Verdant Growth places the Monarch).
Or, you can use Seedling and Vigorous Growth. You can’t (currently) use Verdant Growth because you would need a dead Monarch, and the Monarch is Unique.
And yeah, if you use Vigorous Growth on a Runner, you can use Seedling to bring it back right after.

3) Yessiree. You are allowed to chain bond all 3, but only if the Monarch is not destroyed when you reveal an Order Marker on his card. You may need to place Order Markers on the Sentinels for this reason.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 16th, 2020, 06:36 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
1) Yup. You are allowed to attack your own dudes, even when the unit is still under your own control. For most armies its not really a good decision, but sometimes its a good option.
Just to emphasize this, a few example where you would want to attack your own figures :
- You have a crappy unit blocking your way to the enemy, and don't want to waste an OM on it, then why not destroy it yourself and go through.
- You have a unit like the Viking heroes, with a spirit power. You may want to destroy it ASAP to put your +1 attack on your hydra for instance, 'caus, you know, the ennemy won't do this favour to you.
- You want to get your Krug a bit more angry before it's turn.
- Probably a few more, but I guess those are the main reasons that could enable you to take the plunge.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 16th, 2020, 07:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Just to emphasize this, a few example where you would want to attack your own figures :
- You have a crappy unit blocking your way to the enemy, and don't want to waste an OM on it, then why not destroy it yourself and go through.
- You have a unit like the Viking heroes, with a spirit power. You may want to destroy it ASAP to put your +1 attack on your hydra for instance, 'caus, you know, the ennemy won't do this favour to you.
- You want to get your Krug a bit more angry before it's turn.
- Probably a few more, but I guess those are the main reasons that could enable you to take the plunge.
Explosions!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 16th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Hello all,

as there is no BOOKS of any of the Wildwoods yet, I feel compelled to ask a few rulings about these fellas I had as I was playtesting them today:

1) Monarch's Nature's Keeper ability - Wildwoods can't attack each other. Ok. This raises the question: Can you normally attack your own friendly figure, or does it have to be with some sort of opponent taking control of a figure/Marcu shenanigans? I was never aware it was an option to attack your own guys.

2) Seedling + Verdant Growth + Vigorous Growth - How do these abilities 'stack'? I have not really ever heard a proper ruling about how multiple triggered abilities resolve in Heroscape, one at a time or simultaneously. If you have a previously destroyed monarch and a previously destroyed sentinel, can you resolve Vigorous growth, then Verdant growth, then get a seedling? It's only really clear to me that these abilities only trigger once, but it is not clear to me if a monarch that begins the round destroyed has to be on the battlefield for the seedling power to resolve, if they happen one at a time. What's more, can you destroy your own runner to turn it into a sentinel, and then place that runner you just destroyed by the monarch's seedling ability?

3) This is the simplest question to answer, but with the bonding on these guys, one order marker on the Monarch allows you to also take a turn with a sentinel and a runner because of the way it chains, right?
Here is a draft of the planned R&Cs (wording not yet approved by the Rules dept) for the Wildwoods:
Quote:
Q: After taking a turn with the Wildwood Monarch, you can take a turn with Wildwood Sentienl using Trunk of the Awakened Forest. After the Sentinel turn, could you then use Branch of the Awakened Forest to take a turn with a Wildwood Runner?
A: Yes!

Q: How does the Wildwood life cycle work?
A: At the start of each round, you can, in any order:
  • Upgrade a Runner to a Sentinel
  • Upgrade a Sentinel into the Monarch
  • Place a Runner adjacent to the Monarch
You cannot upgrade a figure you just placed, nor can you place a Runner if you just placed the Monarch. So, for example, you cannot upgrade a Runner into a Sentinel and then immediately upgrade it into the Monarch. Nor can you upgrade a Sentinel into the Monarch and then immediately place a Runner next to it.

Any unit placed must come from your reserves. You may upgrade a Runner into a Sentinel, which puts that Runner into your reserves, then place that Runner from your reserves adjacent to the Monarch.
Old April 16th, 2020, 12:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Scy, would you please spell check that before it goes public?

= =
Old April 16th, 2020, 01:19 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Would C3V be interested if I make a Google Sheet template to generate more easily a Book of ..?

I already made it for the french books, would be quite easy to adapt for the english books layout, it looks like this : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._H_yoKuAU/edit

You just have to fill the parts on the left column, don't bother about formating, and then paste the whole second column, et voilŕ. Just adapt it if needed (mainly for the synergies part, where it's not completely polished).

I might want to find a book that would be the model with as much formatting cases as possible, to work with.

French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; April 16th, 2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old April 16th, 2020, 01:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Sure! People would, of course, be free to use it or not use it, but that would be a helpful tool!

Personally I always find an existing Book and quote it, then replace the stuff that needs to be changed.
Old April 16th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

If I had a team of @DanieLoche s, I could rule the world.

I hope you and your family, and all of our colleagues in the French 'Scape-playing community, are doing well, my friend.

= =
Old April 16th, 2020, 03:21 PM
Marcel Marceau

Okay, you can check this out here.
It is not perfect, and you need to double-check the result to get rid of the excess spaces and possibly useless sections, but should be a really good tool to gain some time.
Of course, it's only a facultative tool, nothing mandatory here. Just use it (or not) as you wish, fellow 'scapers.

For some sections I found a lot of divergence between the books for the formatting (principally the Q&A section). Consequently, for now I leaved the formatting we use for the french books. Just tell me if you wish something different.

You can test it just by copy/pasting the right thing on a new post creating => Preview, without posting.
/!\ Disable WYSIWYG before pasting here !! You can re-enable it just after, but if you don't disable it, the forum will keep useless array-formatting and the result becomes useless.
(I don't give more instructions, to check if it is self-explanatory enough or not ..!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Personally I always find an existing Book and quote it, then replace the stuff that needs to be changed.

I made more than a hundred books for the french forum, I think I tried almost every possible way to create a Book Of... and the time going on, my courage just went out just thinking about the crappy work just to format the Book... so here I am ahah.
I wish I had done this before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
If I had a team of @DanieLoche s, I could rule the world.

I hope you and your family, and all of our colleagues in the French 'Scape-playing community, are doing well, my friend.
ahahah ! Thanks a lot for your thoughts, I had some colleagues that got sick (one went to the reanimation space at the hospital...), but everything seems okay for the people I know for now.

French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; April 17th, 2020 at 05:40 AM.
Old April 17th, 2020, 06:49 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for answering my questions, guys.

The Wildwoods are complicated, but they are some of the coolest designed customs so far. They were the first C3V I snap-bought as soon as I saw them. I look forward to using them on the battlefield many times!
Old May 24th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

What do you guys use for double-space bases besides using existing Heroscape ones? I found a bunch of single space ones I can use, but I don’t know for the double spacers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs