Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2017, 06:50 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Contest Thread: The Uncharted Wellsprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
Very good looking map!

I held a tournament over the weekend to playtest my submissions. If I have time tonight after work I have a few corrections to make and i will post them.
That's what we like to hear! Can't wait to see some more submissions!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 23rd, 2017, 01:26 AM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Submission #1

Title: Tree of Might

Author: VVildeyedjoker

Req: 1 Rotv, 1 RttFF, 1 TJ
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 23rd, 2017, 01:27 AM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Submission #2

Title: Burning Temple

REQ: 1 ROTV, 1 VW, 1 FotA

Author: VVildeyedjoker
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by vvildeyedjoker; May 23rd, 2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 01:32 AM

I have now officially entered my first map building contest

I have to say having an external motivator really helped spark a lot more life into my map building and my groups games. We had some of the most fun testing and critiquing these maps that we have had since our first get together. Thank you to the organizers for adding that extra element to our game nights.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 02:38 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
I have now officially entered my first map building contest

I have to say having an external motivator really helped spark a lot more life into my map building and my groups games. We had some of the most fun testing and critiquing these maps that we have had since our first get together. Thank you to the organizers for adding that extra element to our game nights.
Thank you for participating! This is exactly what we hope for when we run our contests! Great submissions!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 23rd, 2017, 02:14 PM

@vvildeyedjoker please update your submission image to the correct image for Burning Temple. I just realized that the image you posted shows the water on the same level of the road and the glyph as well, when in the build instructions/image in the PDF you linked, it shows the water "covered" by the roads and lower as are the Glyphs. This was clearly the way you designed it so I wouldn't want you to be misrepresented by a wrong image. This will make a difference when evaluating your map.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 23rd, 2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@vvildeyedjoker please update your submission image to the correct image for Burning Temple. I just realized that the image you posted shows the water on the same level of the road and the glyph as well, when in the build instructions/image in the PDF you linked, it shows the water "covered" by the roads and lower as are the Glyphs. This was clearly the way you designed it so I wouldn't want you to be misrepresented by a wrong image. This will make a difference when evaluating your map.
Oh crap you are correct I used the old photo. Thank you for pointing it out I will update it asap. Thank you for pointing it out!
Old May 23rd, 2017, 04:02 PM

@Sir Heroscape , I updated the photo in the submission. Thanks again for letting me know.
Old May 24th, 2017, 07:56 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Thanx all for the kind words. This contest reminds me that I do enjoy making maps when there is an objective/theme to it. I ended up designing 3 maps before deciding the first one was my favourite.

For the second map one I wanted to see what a similar one would look like when the 2 sides of the map were exactly the same, just rotated, instead of being mirrored (like the first one). I did make it look totally different. This one I made the bridge more of a ford. But I didn't think glyphs belonged on it in the end so ruled it out for the contest. But I do think it is also a nice map. I will probably publish it in my own thread later.

The third map I designed I might still submit but I don't think it's as good as the first.

Anyway, thanx for the opportunity AVR, it has been fun to design maps again. Shame I missed seeing the first couple of contests.

@vvildeyedjoker cool maps mate. Good luck. (big +rep for ya )
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:11 PM

7 Days Left before the deadline. I know there's a lot of you out there still lurking or working on your maps. Also, keep in mind you're allowed 2 submissions!

Also, as incentive...I'll feature the next 2 maps submitted in my weekly battle video (doubleheader) this week if you submit it before 6pm EST.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
7 Days Left before the deadline. I know there's a lot of you out there still lurking or working on your maps. Also, keep in mind you're allowed 2 submissions!

Also, as incentive...I'll feature the next 2 maps submitted in my weekly battle video (doubleheader) this week if you submit it before 6pm EST.
Oooh, publicity for your map on the infamous Heroscape Youtube channel. Pretty sweet.

EDIT: I can't help smiling at the 7 DAYS thing since I just saw the movie "Rings".

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:46 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Alright, this one is ready to be submitted after some testing:

Arachnid 1.2
Requires: 1 RotV, 2 RttFF

Background:
It is a desperate hour for Jandar. His desperate measure is to go where no one has gone in years... Arachnid. It is here that he hopes to recruit some Fyorlag Spiders for his fight against the ever growing Utgar. He chooses his best Champion, Sir Gilbert, along with a few Knights of Weston to make the 3 days march.

Having finally reached Arachnid on Day 3, there was a cloud of darkness overhead. Gilbert felt a familiar presence, although it was one he had not felt for a long time. Approaching the forest, the Knights could hear the chilling sound of the spiders rustling through the trees. Moving forward, a human-like figure came out from behind one of the trees. As the figure emerged, the Knights could tell she wasn't a friendly. They readied their swords for battle and just as they did, all of the spiders came out of the trees, looking to attack. It was at this point the figure had made herself clear. Sir Gilbert noticed her right away... Estivara, the Drow Arachnomancer.

He had engaged her years ago in the Underworld but was critically wounded by her Venom Ray and she escaped. No one knew where she went from there. Now Gilbert knew, and to recruit the spiders for Jandar's cause he knew one more thing for certain: Estivara must die.

EDIT: Oh sweet, I'll make Sir H's video! I didn't even notice!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla