Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 25th, 2019, 11:41 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I think that a +3 once per turn might feel a little too defensive for the Durgeth Ravagers, if that makes sense. It doesn't significantly bother me either way, though. I agree that if you wanted to lower it to +1, it should just become Durgeth Supremacy.

It sounds like Agrith-Naar is designed with a specific squad in mind that we're not privy to, so I'm not entirely sure what kind of feedback you're looking for on him. Do you want us to view him as a standalone hero right now?
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I think that a +3 once per turn might feel a little too defensive for the Durgeth Ravagers, if that makes sense. It doesn't significantly bother me either way, though. I agree that if you wanted to lower it to +1, it should just become Durgeth Supremacy.

It sounds like Agrith-Naar is designed with a specific squad in mind that we're not privy to, so I'm not entirely sure what kind of feedback you're looking for on him. Do you want us to view him as a standalone hero right now?
Yes, as a stand-alone.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Veguzza looks like a pretty solid addition to the Durgeth faction. +3 is really high, though. +1 is the norm, and +2 really good. I think +3 is a bit too far.

Agrith-Naar is a neat idea. Hard to say how good or bad he is without playing him.
I was thinking I wanted him to stand out from the norm and there’s a “only once per turn” restriction that it should balance out the higher buff. Any particular reason that would be frowned upon? If I did go with the standard +1 is probably just go the SBN route and allow it to activate whenever, since it’s a lower buff.
Ah, I see where you're going.

General rule of thumb, for everyone: being novel does not, by itself, make a design better. In fact it harms the design. Familiarity has the distinct advantage of being familiar. When people sit down to play, it's easy to understand and remember what units do, even if it's units they've never seen before. The value of a unit is what it adds to gameplay, not in its novel powers.

With that in mind, let's look at a +3 once per turn. It seems like it could be strategic when to use it, but it's not powerful enough for that. You simply add +3 the first time it would matter in a turn, because it isn't all that likely it will matter for something more important later. So while it's a little different, it doesn't add much over normal Supremacy. So I'd prefer the familiar option.
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Did Agrith-Naar always have the healing part of SbB?
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:28 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Veguzza looks like a pretty solid addition to the Durgeth faction. +3 is really high, though. +1 is the norm, and +2 really good. I think +3 is a bit too far.

Agrith-Naar is a neat idea. Hard to say how good or bad he is without playing him.
I was thinking I wanted him to stand out from the norm and there’s a “only once per turn” restriction that it should balance out the higher buff. Any particular reason that would be frowned upon? If I did go with the standard +1 is probably just go the SBN route and allow it to activate whenever, since it’s a lower buff.
Ah, I see where you're going.

General rule of thumb, for everyone: being novel does not, by itself, make a design better. In fact it harms the design. Familiarity has the distinct advantage of being familiar. When people sit down to play, it's easy to understand and remember what units do, even if it's units they've never seen before. The value of a unit is what it adds to gameplay, not in its novel powers.

With that in mind, let's look at a +3 once per turn. It seems like it could be strategic when to use it, but it's not powerful enough for that. You simply add +3 the first time it would matter in a turn, because it isn't all that likely it will matter for something more important later. So while it's a little different, it doesn't add much over normal Supremacy. So I'd prefer the familiar option.
Mmmk, that actually makes a lot of sense. I will say though, that I’d like to find a way to incorporate the lore behind the Divining Rod which this mini fits really well. That was partially the reason I wanted to make it a more powerful buff. The idea was that the power to divine allowed V to help his comrades avoid attacks. I like the familiarity of Supremacy, but I also love he opportunity to base a unit out of lore (sort of).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Did Agrith-Naar always have the healing part of SbB?
Yes. He hasn’t changed from my first design, or at least very little (added the soul .org and undead restriction)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 25th, 2019, 01:23 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Mmmk, that actually makes a lot of sense. I will say though, that I’d like to find a way to incorporate the lore behind the Divining Rod which this mini fits really well. That was partially the reason I wanted to make it a more powerful buff. The idea was that the power to divine allowed V to help his comrades avoid attacks. I like the familiarity of Supremacy, but I also love he opportunity to base a unit out of lore (sort of).
Theme is a valid reason to be different. Is the Divining Rod some bit of Heroscape lore I am unaware of?
Old March 25th, 2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Theme is a valid reason to be different. Is the Divining Rod some bit of Heroscape lore I am unaware of?
It’s in the Heroscape Compendium and was so powerful that jandar threw it into the Durgeth Swamps to keep it out of the hands of Utgar and others and to be protected by a swamp monster so large it could eat a dragon.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 26th, 2019, 03:17 AM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

It can also locate all of the wellsprings.
Old April 15th, 2019, 11:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I withdrew Clayton from SoV submission so we could tune him a little more. Here's a version of the submitted one, with some tweaks based on feedback.

• Includes clear sight stipulations on both abilities
  • Clarified that Clayton may start and participate in the Shootout
  • The Lawman starting the shootout must have attacked on their turn
How does this hit everyone?
Old April 16th, 2019, 11:13 AM

It's an improvement, but I still see Clayton as the order marker dump. He has to attack now for Shootout, which is a good thing, and for some reason he has a shorter range than other cowboys, but I'd still dump order markers on his as much as I could and kite with him. He gives the flexibility of using Posse when board position is more important. The one big downside, of course, is making him even more of a target.

Wasn't there a version that said you can only use Shootout with Heroes that have order markers on them? I loved that idea.

Last edited by Scytale; April 16th, 2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old April 16th, 2019, 11:38 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Here's the version that had that version of Posse on it. This has a non-edited Shootout, so mostly ignore that part. Is this what you were thinking of, Scy?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards