Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old February 16th, 2018, 03:04 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Fan Fic Contest Prompts

Hey guys! One of the best ways to kick back and chill with your fellow scapers is to engage in a little friendly writing. It's also a great way to challenge yourself to write better, and learn to write better in an enjoyable way. So please don't hesitate to hop over to TGRF's Fan Fic Contest to support our contestants or join in yerself!

I'm making this thread because I see an opportunity here to write stories for the community. Say someone from the community wants to know how a particular character's story ends, or feels there's a gap that they really want filled in.

Say you want to know more about General Jandar's story, the moon kyrie (aquilla) culture/why they entered the war, or Drake and Raelin's love story. Post a request here, and next month's judge may consider it for next month's story.

I'll start

How about story about a summoned person's family members or a person connected to them? This person(s) can be a friend, family, ex-gf/bf, or rival, and is summoned to Valhalla. You can also have the summoned character returned home.

An accidental summoning. The story could be a comedic piece about a general who accidentally summons the wrong creature/person, and the result is Denise the Menace style madness.

Go Crazy!

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.

Last edited by Elven Lord; February 16th, 2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old February 16th, 2018, 03:15 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest Prompts

... I'm confused. You're starting another contest?

~TGRF.
Old February 16th, 2018, 03:34 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post

~TGRF.
Nope! Just a place for people to offer ideas for prompts for the FanFic Contest.

Thanks for pointing that out. I edited the first paragraph, and hopefully it's more clear!

BTW, are you writing a story for this month? I'm itching for a bit of competition...not that I think you stand a chance

Old February 16th, 2018, 05:54 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:

~TGRF.
Nope! Just a place for people to offer ideas for prompts for the FanFic Contest.

Thanks for pointing that out. I edited the first paragraph, and hopefully it's more clear!

BTW, are you writing a story for this month? I'm itching for a bit of competition...not that I think you stand a chance
I'll write if an idea strikes me, as always. What I really need to be doing is focusing on HiS, but interest is low at the moment.

I had thought I might be able to write out one of the backstories for one of the subcharacters from HiS, but after looking back at it, I've decided it doesn't really fit the prompt very well.

~TGRF, in a bit of a slump.
Old February 16th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A comedic short story about an accidental summoning might be some fun. If I have time I'll come up with something and submit it.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 17th, 2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
A comedic short story about an accidental summoning might be some fun. If I have time I'll come up with something and submit it.

~TAF
TAF these are just suggestions for prompts for the fanfic contest lol, so winners can come here and see ideas...but sure, that works too.

Old February 22nd, 2018, 12:53 PM

Well since this is a thing, here's what I'd like to see.

Ever since TAF's prompt concerning twists, I've been interested in giving out more writing-oriented prompts. I think doing so will really help people with their writing skills, and I know I could always use the practice. I'm not sure what exactly those would be. Perhaps an exercise in raising the stakes? Or maybe something to do with multiple PoV's? There are actually quite a few options once you start thinking about it.

~TGRF.
Old March 8th, 2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Ever since TAF's prompt concerning twists, I've been interested in giving out more writing-oriented prompts. I think doing so will really help people with their writing skills, and I know I could always use the practice. I'm not sure what exactly those would be. Perhaps an exercise in raising the stakes? Or maybe something to do with multiple PoV's? There are actually quite a few options once you start thinking about it.

~TGRF.
Maybe we should host a contest in which people are challenged to use as many acronyms I can't understand (AICU's) as possible, with the winner being the one with the most!

EL~Feeling mischievious

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:

~TGRF.
Maybe we should host a contest in which people are challenged to use as many acronyms I can't understand (AICU's) as possible, with the winner being the one with the most!

EL~Feeling mischievious
... But, if you can't understand them, how will you be able to tell if they are actually acronyms, or if the person is just typing gibberish with caps lock on?

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction