Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 25th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Question re: Competitive Play and x5 and x6 Commons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
5x of the 4-man commons are almost always the correct/best choice. However, it depends on where you're going to play. Indy Scape (GenCon, ScapeCon) has transitioned almost exclusively to 16 or 18 figure limits, making owning 5x Heavies, Knights, 4th, etc. unnecessary. Basically, know where you'll be playing, and build your collection accordingly (I sold off my 5th squads of all of these years ago, and I've never needed them since).
Yeah, a lot of tournaments I've played lately have been at 16 figure limits as well.
Yeah, I can't speak for every local scene, but it seems like at least most have followed suit since GC made the change in 2013. I really like the smaller figure limits in general.
Old May 26th, 2021, 10:28 AM

Mastodon is surprisingly tart

Well, I sort of lucked out regardless because there's an individual online that has been selling 3d prints of a lot of units I am interested in. So, I was able to pick up a fourth or fifth squad of Knights, Heavies, Dwarves, etc.

All that being said, I have asked for paints and craft supplies for Father's Day. Looks like I am going to learn how to paint miniatures!

I am not able to make it to ScapeCon this year, but I am seriously hoping it goes well and gets scheduled again for next year. I *just* got into Heroscape this year, so I am behind the curve. This game really is one of a kind. There is not really an exact alternative out there on the market.
Old May 26th, 2021, 10:28 AM

Mastodon is surprisingly tart

Also, I really appreciate everyone's feedback!
Old May 26th, 2021, 05:44 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With the exception of Drones and Zombies, my group tends to limit commons to a max of 3 units...this is Heroscape after all, not Squadscape. Drones and Zombies we use a max of 4 units but that's simply because that's all we have of each.

It makes for some interesting and fun battles.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; May 26th, 2021 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Have fun with what you've got, getting more isn't necessary...and leaves more for me to get. :)
Old May 27th, 2021, 08:27 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

You could always proxy units before you buy them to see how many you would want. Prices aren't like they can be found at Walmart anymore.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion