Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 7th, 2020, 07:03 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Martian Manhunter (Justice League) (II)

The Book of Martian Manhunter (Justice League) (II)

C3G DC WAVE 38
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League Unlimited set.
Its model number and name are #046/106 / Martian Manhunter.

Character Bio - Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League. -Comic Vine

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card updates:
Updated "instead of attacking" to "instead of an attack"

Last edited by Arkham; January 25th, 2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:04 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Martian Manhunter (III) (Breathing)

NAME = MARTIAN MANHUNTER III
SECRET IDENTITY = J'ONN J'ONZZ

SPECIES = MARTIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 340

DENSITY CONTROL
Martian Manhunter can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Martian Manhunter cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. Martian Manhunter may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

MALLEABLE MAYHEM
Before attacking, you may:
• remove 2 Wound Markers from this card;
• roll 2 additional attack dice;
• attack normally up to 2 times this turn; or
• choose up to 2 figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Martian Manhunter. Place the chosen figures on any empty spaces within 2 spaces of Martian Manhunter, ignoring any leaving engagement attacks.
Each option may be chosen once per round.

MARTIAN VISION
Once per round, instead of an attack, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Martian Manhunter. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5-6, 12-13, or 19-20, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by Lord Pyre; January 10th, 2022 at 10:26 AM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:04 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; September 8th, 2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I dig it. Especially like cheating the Size up to Large to give him immunity to powers.
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:11 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Not big on the large size unless the mini is large. Especially when two previous Martian Manhunters are medium.

Love the design otherwise. Lots of tricks for a JL army.
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:16 PM

I thought a figure's size was tied to their mass. Him being able to control his own mass/density, I figured it was a nice way to represent that here without needing Density Control instead of Intangibility.

No big deal either way though if the general preference is Medium.
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Depends on the mini for me. I think we want the end user to be able to line figures up and for it to make sense just from the sculpt what is large or what is small, etc.

I dig it for sure. I worry the Martian Vision hitting on 3/10 rolls is a bit strong, but that’s an easy dial to turn if needed. And, heck, Human Torch hits his 2 wounds 4/5 times, so maybe not a big deal.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 7th, 2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Depends on the mini for me. I think we want the end user to be able to line figures up and for it to make sense just from the sculpt what is large or what is small, etc.

I dig it for sure. I worry the Martian Vision hitting on 3/10 rolls is a bit strong, but that’s an easy dial to turn if needed. And, heck, Human Torch hits his 2 wounds 4/5 times, so maybe not a big deal.
It's the equivalent of 15 or higher. Can always remove a number if that proves too good.

As for the figures, like I said, if it's mass based, the mini shouldn't matter. If a dwarf is made of solid steel inside, he'd qualify for large as well I'd imagine. Perhaps our size qualification/definition/requirement is a bit muddled with one's physical presence playing a factor? Not sure, I just took it as how much they weigh essentially, thus why it's commonly used for carrying/throwing type powers.
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Heavy characters that are normal sized like Colossus or Girder are medium. Are there any examples besides Mister Incredible where a normal sized figure is classified as Large? And there’s the opposite, where double spaced characters are always made Large or Huge despite their mass.
Old September 7th, 2020, 08:03 PM

I guess that's where my confusion is. I'm not sure why those figures aren't large, if size is based on mass. Should Angel be carrying Colossus around? As an aside, Colossus isn't near what Martian Manhunter could make himself weigh, according to research, Colossus' armored form is only 500 lbs.

If you've got a giant Heroclix of Balloon Man(just a made up example), should he be large just because his heroclix is bigger, when he weighs next to nothing? If you have a guy made of pure steel who is 6 ft. tall, should he just be medium, when he weighs several tons?

Not a discussion that's necessarily needed to be had for this particular design. It's not something I really care if it's there or not. But it'd be nice to know what exactly size is based around. Is it character mass, or is it figure size? I figured mass, but it sounds like for most it's figure size.
Old September 7th, 2020, 08:09 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
It's the equivalent of 15 or higher. Can always remove a number if that proves too good.
Technically, yes. But, the impact of D20 manipulators is massively increased with that layout. They were all essentially designed with the idea that they were affecting results by 5-10% (in the case of the few +2 folks). With the numbers split up like that, a unit giving +/- 1 increases the odds by 35%, jumping you from 3/10 to over 3 in 5 rolls. Batman has a 40% increase compared to your other +1 folks. If you want it to lean more toward him rather than some other manipulators, you're gonna want to sandwich some of those spread out numbers together a bit more. Like if you make it 6-7, 12, or 18-20, Batman stays at 40% effect, whereas most +1 folks drop down to 25% impact.

Not an issue, just gonna want to make sure he's being tested with them as they have an atypical interaction. I think the actual implementation (trading attack for the chance at 2 autos) is totally fine power wise, it just has a different interplay with D20 manipulators than how they were designed.

Size tends to lean more toward the figure size I believe, with actual miniature bulkiness swinging things when in the 5-6 height range. I don't think I've ever seen a Medium 7 or anything like that.

EDIT: And to clarify, I ultimately am unconcerned on the size thing. Large does give immunities that Medium doesn't, but I don't really care much in relation to the mini argument.
Old September 7th, 2020, 08:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I am on the same page as you here Ark clearly. The size mechanics are all about being carried or thrown so it feels more about mass than size.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library