Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old October 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dominion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbxfan View Post
I sent the question to Rio Grande to see if they can give the correct interpretation of the rule. Both ways make sense. 1) if the card is destroyed the first time, it is not there to play a second time. 2) Literally reading the card says to play the card twice with no actual ruling as to wether that card really exists or not. Basically, the second card is a fake of the first.
Let us know what you find out! I'm interested to see their official ruling on this.
(Necroing the thread, but worth it)
This is pretty easy, the official ruling for the Throne Room Feast combination is in the Dominion rule book under the Feast card clarifications (most all the cards have details about them in the back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion Rule book pdf
Feast – The gained card goes into your Discard pile. It has to be a card from the Supply. You cannot use coins from Treasures or previous Actions (like the Market) to increase the cost of the card that you gain. If you use Throne Room on Feast, you will gain two cards, even though you can only trash Feast once. Gaining the card isn't contingent on trashing Feast ; they're just two things that the card tries to make you do.
Buying Intrigue first is fine, but Intrigue is a much more aggressive set of cards, lots of interaction. If your play group gets easily upset when people play things that mess with their hands or decks, this will not be their favorite.
My big problem with Intrigue attack cards is that one person buys one, then EVERYONE buys one, then it all equals out and everyone gets equally screwed. This is true with the Thief and Saboteur especially. It's just like "Everyone gets screwed equally" and no one gets an advantage...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Unless your the guy who bought all the moats and laughs as the other 3 beat the hell out of eachother.

It happened to boom, angel and I.

BIGJIM dominated us from behind his moats.

Recent Games Played:
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce View Post
Unless your the guy who bought all the moats and laughs as the other 3 beat the hell out of eachother.

It happened to boom, angel and I.

BIGJIM dominated us from behind his moats.
Usually we all have 2 or 3 moats and 2 or 3 saboteurs. That really sucks for end-game because you're getting sabotaged frequently and you only have a couple of moats...

Old October 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Next time stock up early on moats and see how it pans out.

Jim had 5 and the rest of us had 1 or 2.

Recent Games Played:
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Buying Intrigue first is fine, but Intrigue is a much more aggressive set of cards, lots of interaction. If your play group gets easily upset when people play things that mess with their hands or decks, this will not be their favorite.
My big problem with Intrigue attack cards is that one person buys one, then EVERYONE buys one, then it all equals out and everyone gets equally screwed. This is true with the Thief and Saboteur especially. It's just like "Everyone gets screwed equally" and no one gets an advantage...
Uh... Thief is regular dominion. Don't blame Intrigue! There's nearly as much interaction in the original, IMO. Thief, Spy, WITCH, Militia, Council Room, Bureaucrat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Uh... Thief is regular dominion. Don't blame Intrigue! There's nearly as much interaction in the original, IMO. Thief, Spy, WITCH, Militia, Council Room, Bureaucrat...
I know the Thief is original. That and the saboteur are the two worst for the effect I am talking about, although the other attack cards of Intrigue do the same. Witch, and Bureaucrat kinda have the same effect, but I think it is much more noticeable in Intrigue. I still love it to death, though.

Old October 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Five preview card images so far for Seaside!

All 5 have some cool new mechanics that I hadn't anticipated. I'm totally buying this now.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; October 16th, 2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Gimme 5!
Old October 19th, 2009, 07:32 PM

Seaside ships tomorrow I'll have it Wednesday!!!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Old October 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM

Double Post: Just got home with my copy of Seaside. The coins and such in it are made of actual metal. Great production quality, although the "playing mats" are cheap cardboard cutouts and are not mats. Each piece is individual and you have to put all 3 together for the full mat. I'll play tonight and update this post with a review.

Old October 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Edit: Thought I was in a different thread!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Last edited by stubobj; October 24th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Got my first 6 games in with a mix of just Seaside, and then all-out 3 set mixing. This will add onto Dominion's already high replayability immensely. The Embargo card alone seems to lend itself to a completely different mid to end game scenario, much as Gardens did, and the other cards have mostly been pretty interesting so far. Cutpurse just seems like a weaker militia. I wonder if I'd even want it at 3, very often...

Current favorite "why not" card- Island.

Quote:
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Got my first 6 games in with a mix of just Seaside, and then all-out 3 set mixing. This will add onto Dominion's already high replayability immensely. The Embargo card alone seems to lend itself to a completely different mid to end game scenario, much as Gardens did, and the other cards have mostly been pretty interesting so far. Cutpurse just seems like a weaker militia. I wonder if I'd even want it at 3, very often...

Current favorite "why not" card- Island.
Yeah, when my group plays, we usually just try to be the biggest jerks possible, or to make RIDICULOUS combinations such as Throne Room a Baron to discard 2 estates and get a Province. That being said, at the end of our first games with Embargo, Provinces came with 8 curses, Duchys with 3 and estates with 1. It was a Gardens war.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games