Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:36 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Definitive List of Rules Team rulings

With the recent ruling in the Morsbane thread, and after some searching and perusing, I've realized we don't quite have a thread like this. This is for the Rules Team verdicts that exist only on our forums, not in the Official FAQs.

That said, the most recent Official FAQs are a good place for any person visiting this thread to start: FAQ 13.4

This thread is a good listing of rules that people constantly misunderstand or misapply: The Top 11 Most Frequently Overlooked (yet [ab]used) Rules

This thread is also a good place to look for information; it was locked and stopped being edited quite a while ago, but is still useful:
Rules questions to Hasbro

The old Rules Team thread is also locked and hasn't been updated lately, but also has good information: Rules Team Thread

Effects of Negation on powers with a set duration:

Spoiler Alert!

Further information for checking what happens to power affected by Negation that are currently in effect:
Spoiler Alert!

Glyph of Nilrend use on figures not yet on the board:
Spoiler Alert!

Powers that require wounds to be inflicted to activate, versus powers that ignore wounds; also, ability of squad figures sustain multiple wounds is kinda answered:
Spoiler Alert!

How to Lob a grenade:
Spoiler Alert!

Please update me on any rulings not in the FAQ you guys can think of, I'll update this post, and we can make this a true Definitive List thread!

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; October 4th, 2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Definitive List of Rules Team rulings

There was that one thread involving the easily-abused mechanics of a grenade lob.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

I think this is a great thread, kudos to you. I believe you should add a link to the frequently overlooked and ab(use)d rules, if I wrote that right, also further on in the morsbane thread R˙chean also wrote more on how the original rules team came up with how the negation works for two distinct styles of all the powers of others in the game.

Great job so far though.
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:22 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
There was that one thread involving the easily-abused mechanics of a grenade lob.
Thanks. Took a little bit of searching, but I found the relevant ruling.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:31 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Great idea for a thread, Jared.

I would clean up a bit of the side-comments from those quotes. You can get rid of the "nobody pinged anyone" at the top of R˙chean's recent post, as well as everything after "There is more I want to get into here" in the second quote. Just pare it down to the relevant rulings in each case.

Again, thanks for doing this, and good luck collecting all of these.

Off the top of my head, I think there was a ruling about Wyverns and whether they can dive into lava or not. I'm pretty sure Mattsertruckrally started the thread, which should make it easy to find since he doesn't start many threads.
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Despite all the work put into it, I am going to have to disagree that this is a useful thread. The "Rules Team rulings" on this forum have no weight in the real game. For that matter, the designers of the game should not be the same people who interpret the rules. It is akin to Congress and the Supreme Court being the same entity.

People should play by the most logical and consistent rules, regardless of who says it is right. If properly justified, everyone's interpretations are equally valid. I would prefer a thread which treated both sides of rulings in a "pro/con" format, and let the reader decide for him/herself.
Old August 25th, 2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Great idea for a thread, Jared.

I would clean up a bit of the side-comments from those quotes. You can get rid of the "nobody pinged anyone" at the top of R˙chean's recent post, as well as everything after "There is more I want to get into here" in the second quote. Just pare it down to the relevant rulings in each case.

Again, thanks for doing this, and good luck collecting all of these.

Off the top of my head, I think there was a ruling about Wyverns and whether they can dive into lava or not. I'm pretty sure Mattsertruckrally started the thread, which should make it easy to find since he doesn't start many threads.
I believe I found the thread you were talking about, dok, but I can't find a ruling in that thread. The discussion went on, and the Rules Team posted that they were considering a ruling, then more discussion, then nothing. They didn't post the relevant ruling in the Rules Team thread. I'm still looking, but do you have any other leads as to where the verdict might be posted?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's