Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 12th, 2020, 07:54 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
[Pod 2] The Book of Nephda (Kiora the Rising Tide) - Editing

The Book of Nephda

Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set

Printer Friendly PDF

AQUILLA
NEPHDA
Nymph
Unique Hero
Protector
Inscrutable
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 3

POINTS 80

CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Nephda that are no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base are considered water spaces. Nephda and friendly figures that start their movement adjacent to Nephda or move adjacent to Nephda do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space for the remainder of that movement.

HEALING WATERS
After moving and before attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die for any or all other friendly wounded heroes within four clear sight spaces of Nephda. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove a wound from that figure's Army Card. If that figure is on a water space, add 5 to your roll.

The figure used for this unit is Kiora, the Rising Tide from Arena of the Planeswalkers Battle for Zendikar.

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Editing Checklist: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=262

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: When Nephda's Carried By Waves and Re-Tak-Shi's Swamp Ooze affect the same land spaces, what do they become?
A: Swamp Ooze turns the spaces into Swamp Water.

Q: What happens to land spaces between Nephda and a Greater Ice Elemental?
A: The spaces are ice.
Any land space that both a Greater Ice Elemental and Nephda are on or next to is ice, as Nepdha converts it to water and the Greater Ice Elemental converts the water to ice.

Q: When Nephda's Carried By Waves affects a land space, can I place Shadow Tiles on that space with Mika Connour's Shadow Dance?
A: No,
because Carried By Waves makes that space a non-land space.

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; March 27th, 2023 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Updated mini pic
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:55 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Initial thoughts:

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:26 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

There is definitely room for some water interaction powers on kiora. I know folks were also having fun with the idea of her being Durnipia (sp?), aka the character who gave Valguard his Lizard Arm and presumably Einar's Healer in Chief.

I personally want a healer in this set, and either Kiora, Avacyn, or Nissa look like they could play the part. We certainly only need 1 healer in the set, and we don't have to create a unit who's only trick is the capacity to heal (Kelda is already a thing, and she FLIES). Kiora's mini could give us water powers + healing. Or something else altogether, I'm not too picky as long it makes sense for the unit and MS.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2020, 10:41 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
There is definitely room for some water interaction powers on kiora. I know folks were also having fun with the idea of her being Durnipia (sp?), aka the character who gave Valguard his Lizard Arm and presumably Einar's Healer in Chief.

I personally want a healer in this set, and either Kiora, Avacyn, or Nissa look like they could play the part. We certainly only need 1 healer in the set, and we don't have to create a unit who's only trick is the capacity to heal (Kelda is already a thing, and she FLIES). Kiora's mini could give us water powers + healing. Or something else altogether, I'm not too picky as long it makes sense for the unit and MS.
I'm down for a healer too, although I think Avacyn could fill that role nicely, since she is prob gonna be an elf type figure, and if anyone needs help healing its Elves, IMO since most elves have very low defense making it easy to one kill them. Any other thoughts? I'm still gonna brainstorm her today. (Also she looks more like an Aquilla folower vs an Einar follower, sculptwise. Any others agree/disagree?)

I must insist she has some type of water thing, placing water tiles is super cool! (Water teleporting is cool too, but tbh it kinda copies the water elemental which we already have now that I think of it...)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 12th, 2020, 10:48 AM

Or here's a thought, to run with you healing thing flameslayer:

Knock out the water teleporting thing, and instead put this in:

Healing Waters:

After moving and before attacking w/Kiora, you may choose an adjacent figure who does not follow Utgar or Valkrill. Roll the 20 sided die. On an 8 or higher, you may remove 1 wound marker from that figure's Army Card. (If that figure occupies water terrain, you may remove 2 wound markers instead.)

Old May 12th, 2020, 08:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Avacyn is the angel statue, Nissa is the elf. Either of those could do some type of healing, but I'm behind the idea of making this Durnipia.

I like the idea of healing and/or water. Healing on a roll of X, or X-5 if she's on water, or something like that, would be a great throwback to Marro Warriors.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:19 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Way back in the brainstorming thread I had originally suggested having this character represent Durnipia, and I still think that would be a good design direction. You can read the official lore about Durnipia in Valguard's bio and the 10th Regiment of Foot's bio. Here's one possible draft for that direction that Astroking and I came up with:

Quote:
Durnipia
Einar
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

FIELDS OF THE FALLEN
Whenever a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Durnipia is destroyed, you may place a vitality marker on this card, up to a maximum of 4.

A GIFT FROM THE GRAVE
Whenever an adjacent small or medium figure receives one or more wounds, you may remove one vitality marker from this card to ignore those wounds.
I could also see a design for this figure that leans more into the water elements. I think the ideas proposed already have promise, and will throw another ability out to consider:

Quote:
WATER HEALER
Einar

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a normal land space (is there a technical name for these?), that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. (I'm pretty sure c3v had a unit in public playtesting that did this with swamp water, so we could just use the wording from that).

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?13? or higher, remove a wound from that figure.
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:59 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I quite like the idea of basing this sculpt off of Durnipia. Even if she doesn't explicitly reference the alien lizard arm transplant, it's a fun piece of lore that fits the reptilian appearance of the sculpt. Just my .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous
WATER HEALER
Einar

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a normal land space (is there a technical name for these?), that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. (I'm pretty sure c3v had a unit in public playtesting that did this with swamp water, so we could just use the wording from that).

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?13? or higher, remove a wound from that figure.
Mika Connour sets a precedent for referencing land spaces. We can look at cribbing the C3V wording when **-***-** releases (there are a couple of differences, but the unit should be releasing relatively soon, so I'll leave it at that until then).

If Kiora is converting adjacent spaces to water, then it's critical to add something to this effect to the power:
Quote:
...Kiora and any friendly figures adjacent to her do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.
Because the above draft does not have Slither, it would presumably have to stop its movement after every space. Extending that movement to figures adjacent to Kiora gives her a new niche for fording rivers and prevents her from clogging up her own starting zones.
Old May 13th, 2020, 07:01 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm on the fence about terraforming here. While fake placing water spaces is a neat gimmick, does it have a good role in the MS?

One upside is this would be my favored style of terraforming (since we don't have any extra plastic hexes in the box to give away). Another is that its already likely to be a thing when the Marro Slime comes out of C3V, so there will be precedent of it outside of the Greater Ice Elemental.

A downside is that we'll have to start cribbing in things like "Slither Aura" and such, and while that isn't directly a concern, the unit might start to feel a little more bloated especially to new players.

Now, keeping in line with simplifying how does everyone feel about this:

Quote:
Durnipia
Einar/Atlantean/???/???/Medium 5
5 Life 5 Move 1 Range 2 Attack 3 Defense

WATER BLESSING:
Durnipia, and figures you control that are adjacent to her, may move over water spaces without stopping.

HEALING WATERS:
After moving and before attacking with Durnipia, you may choose a wounded Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die. On a 15 or higher, remove a wound from the chosen Hero. If the chosen Hero is on a water space, add 5 to your roll. Durnipia may choose herself with Healing Waters.

We get to keep Slither Aura, and Healing Waters is fairly easy to use. Plus, anyone in the water has a much higher chance to get healed. We can naturally tweak the d20 roll or the heal amount as needed.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 13th, 2020, 08:42 AM

Eh.....If we are gonna do a healing ability, the description needs to be more along the lines of wording that's already in Scape, IMO.

I'm against the Vitality power as worded it feels overpowered IMO, since a recharge ability could make her super annoying in bigger battles. Although the ability to block a limited number of wounds makes sense to me, like this:

"Durnipia starts the game w/3 healing markers placed on her Army Card. When an adjacent figure you control would take a wound(s), you may remove any or all healing markers from Durnipia's Army Card, and ignore 1 wound for each marker removed."

Something like that. Also this chick really strikes me as an Aquilla person sculptwise, not an Einar person. Anyone else agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Now, keeping in line with simplifying how does everyone feel about this:

Quote:
Durnipia
Einar/Atlantean/???/???/Medium 5
5 Life 5 Move 1 Range 2 Attack 3 Defense

WATER BLESSING:
Durnipia, and figures you control that are adjacent to her, may move over water spaces without stopping.

HEALING WATERS:
After moving and before attacking with Durnipia, you may choose a wounded Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die. On a 15 or higher, remove a wound from the chosen Hero. If the chosen Hero is on a water space, add 5 to your roll. Durnipia may choose herself with Healing Waters.

We get to keep Slither Aura, and Healing Waters is fairly easy to use. Plus, anyone in the water has a much higher chance to get healed. We can naturally tweak the d20 roll or the heal amount as needed.
I'm against Water Blessing, as we have something super similiar to that via the Ice Elemental, and the Healing as currently worded feels like she's a mini Sonlen.

In order for this Healing schtick to work, I think it would be cool if the figure being healed needs to be in water terrain, going back to my water tile placing idea.

What about this piggybacking sorta' off the vitality markers thing:

Durnipia
Aquilla
3-4 life
move 5/range 1/attack 2/def. 4

Healing waters:

Durnipia starts the game w/3 healing markers placed on her Army Card. Once per Round, when an adjacent figure you control who occupies Water Terrain would take any wounds, you may remove 1 healing marker from Durnipia's Army Card, and that figure ignores any wounds.

Sea is at my command:

Durnipia starts the game w/ 2 water tiles placed on her Army Card. If Durnipia ends her turn on or adjacent to an empty space, you may place a water tile from her Army Card onto the space she currently occupies or the adjacent space if the water tile fits normally onto that space.

thoughts?

Last edited by Owlman; May 13th, 2020 at 11:06 AM. Reason: EDIT in bold.
Old May 13th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Healing and water seem interesting

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 13th, 2020, 11:12 AM

Durnipia
Aquilla
4-5 life
move 5/range 1/attack 2/def. 4

Healing waters:

Durnipia starts the game w/3 healing markers placed on her Army Card. When Durnipia or an adjacent figure you control occupies Water Terrain would take any wounds, you may remove any or all healing markers from Durnipia's Army Card, and ignore 1 wound for each marker removed. (Up to a maximum of 3.)

Sea is at my command:

Durnipia starts the game w/ 2 water tiles placed on her Army Card. If Durnipia ends her turn on or adjacent to an empty space, you may place a water tile from her Army Card onto the space she currently occupies or the adjacent space if the water tile fits normally onto that space.

(My thinking here is to make her a cheap healing-one trick pony piece, instead of giving her the ability to be a primary healer, since kelda and Rhogar already fill that spot nicely.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs