Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old May 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Any chance of a demo one night at GENCON after the Heroscape events are done for the day?

WotC won't complain too much if we throw all the Maple Story junk on the floor for an hour or so and use their table.

Old May 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Is this going to premiere at Gencon?
I really hope so. But I make no promises. So much relies on things outside myself. Like the graphic design getting done in time, the business building aspects falling into place in time, the production in China going forward in time, the slow boat from China getting here in time. There are just so many variables that its hard to say whether it will all come together in time.
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do hope so. What are your plans for retailing? Is it big stores are the little FLGS?

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Is it similar to BattleGround Fantasy Warfare. From what little I know about Summoner Wars there looks to be a some similarities. I was really looking into BattleGround, but if this is similar, I may just wait to try it out instead.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Is it similar to BattleGround Fantasy Warfare. From what little I know about Summoner Wars there looks to be a some similarities. I was really looking into BattleGround, but if this is similar, I may just wait to try it out instead.
There have been comparisons, but there are major differences.

1-Battlegrounds is played on an open table using a measuring device for movement, SW is played on a grid

2-SW feels more like a chess match than Battlegrounds

3- In SW What happens on your turn has a lot to do with your hand of cards, and tricks can be conceived based upon what you do with your deck. There is no comparison in Battlegrounds

4- The objective of SW is to defeat your opponent's Summoner. He could be winning the war, but if you somehow get his King so to speak, the victory is yours.

5- SW plays in a shorter more well defined amount of time due to the deck acting as a convenient limiter to the game length

They are both affordable, I would buy both, but if I had to choose one or the other I would choose SW

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:03 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

What can I do to convince my FLGS to carry SW?
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do what we did in the BS announcement thread. Throw molotov cocktails.

On a real subject, I would suggest that you get into the game if by internet shopping or other methods, demonstrate it to the store owner, then spend a day or two once a month demoing it for any body that comes in to learn how to play. Once sales pick up you would have a rapid community there.

Old May 4th, 2009, 11:16 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Do what we did in the BS announcement thread. Throw molotov cocktails.

On a real subject, I would suggest that you get into the game if by internet shopping or other methods, demonstrate it to the store owner, then spend a day or two once a month demoing it for any body that comes in to learn how to play. Once sales pick up you would have a rapid community there.
OR..just demo it at GenCon and watch the orders fly in.
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
What can I do to convince my FLGS to carry SW?
When it becomes available at the distributor, bring it to the attention of your FLGS. ask to special order the starter. Play the game in the store (SW is the kind of game you can play at a library, coffee shop etc). But you're one of us. Colby cherishes this community, and takes none of this for granted. All of you will be fully aware of evrything you'll need to get the game, where to get it etc. I think Colby's track record speaks for itself when it comes to putting community first.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Creamed by Corn

You got to make sure it is highly public. Truth, do have any plans for any kind of demo space there?

Old May 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This will be a hobby game, but even some of those that are successful enough make the leap to the big box stores... very rare but it happens and one can dream.

I'll be going through a distributor when the game releases to get it into FLGS and online hobby game stores. You'll also be able to buy it straight from me at GenCon or on my website. Buying it from me makes me the most money, but supporting it at your FLGS is important too.

I will be demoing this at a Summoner Wars booth on the show floor at the first GenCon that it is out for. Hopefully that is this GenCon. If it is not this GenCon I'll still try to have something there to demo to the interested heroscapers. If that is the case I'll bring it down to the heroscape tournaments and set up a few demos for you guys.

When it releases I'll also be sending out demo copies to some of the top hobby game retailers. The top 50 or the top 100, I haven't decided yet.
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:12 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Buying it from me makes me the most money, but supporting it at your FLGS is important too.
I'm hoping to make it visible enough at the game store that it generates more sales, but if I can direct people to the website (like if I mention it in conversation) then I'll do that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games