Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 28th, 2017, 08:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Shifting Realms by Craig & Jeff Van Ness

Congratulations, can't wait to play the finished product!
Old November 29th, 2017, 12:32 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Congratulations, can't wait to play when I get my copy in March. Curious to see my friend's and family's reactions when they see my name on the box.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old July 29th, 2018, 01:54 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Played it with the family. Good game. A classic Euro-style economy builder, but with much more immersive theme than you usually get.
Old July 29th, 2018, 03:05 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Game is amazing. My friends and I have played at least fifteen games and are in love with the variety, the perfect not too long, not too short game length, and the process of unravelling the strategies/intricacies of each combination of maps.

One important clarification thats probably been addressed here but is important to enjoying the game is that you can move onto the resource nodes with scouts the turn you move onto a space, whereas the rules make it sound like you need to wait a turn as they are written which makes for a clunky experience to what is otherwise a very smooth game.
Old July 29th, 2018, 04:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I played it once with my wife. I'm looking forward to additional plays with her, as well as some plays with more players. I imagine the strategy changes as the number of players change--and of course, as the realms change.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 30th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I imagine the strategy changes as the number of players change--and of course, as the realms change shift.
Fixed.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:02 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart

I am glad everyone is enjoying the game. If you are a BGG member, please take a moment to rate it.

Jeff
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I got the pleasure of playing Shifting Realms with Craig Van Ness this past GenCon, and the game was an absolute blast. It's very smooth and engaging to play, and there are a ton of subtle strategies to take advantage of. It's a pretty different style of game than HeroScape, but if Eurogames or economy-builders appeal to you, then I highly recommend checking this one out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games