Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old August 30th, 2017, 12:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
japes was working on city maps.

He may be able to help you out.
Thanks. But honestly I've had one in the works for a few years now. Lol. Too many projects.
Yeah I've been working on it for many years as well...again too many projects. I was coincidentally inspired by your original buildings since I wanted a city map but didn't have enough tiles to create roads when I first started. I've gone through about half a dozen prototypes.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Here's a low res sample of what I was working on. I had to dig back into my files to find this one!

Perhaps I'll get back around to it someday.
Old August 30th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice!

japes had some clever features including removable manhole covers.
Old October 4th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Underwater Terrain Photos!

I'm posting some pictures of an underwater superhero game that I ran a while back. We played this game using my custom superheroes that you can find in the comic customs thread. I will be posting the special "swimming" rules that we used for this game in that thread.

As for the terrain it's a collection of aquarium pieces that I have collected over the years. The plants are easily found at any pet store, and since they are weighted on the bottom can be used right out of the package with no modification needed.

The same goes for the various ruined states and columns that you see.

The rocks are created using one of my older tutorials earlier in this thread. Once again, by keeping all of your terrain modular you can mix and match your growing terrain collection to suit whatever game you happen to be playing.

I also scattered various sized seashells around the board to further create an under the sea look.

As you can see we only used rock and sand tiles for the board. Grass simply would not have looked right. The black shadow hexes represent deep ocean trenches. While other figures can swim over these tiles, only "The Deep" are allowed to stand on those hexes.

The various fish that you see will be explained in my superhero custom thread.

To further enhance the look of the board we bought two blue light bulbs (available at HomeDepot) and put them into two small desk lamps. We put each lamp at opposite ends of the board and turned them on, casting a blue glow over most of the board. I can't tell you how amazingly well this worked! Recently we've been experimenting with blue and white motion projector lights. These really add a cool look to our game board. But beware, these are seasonal. Blue and white can only be found around the winter holidays.

Here's some photos of our setup.

Old October 4th, 2017, 08:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Terrain - Underwater Combat!

That looks epic!
Old October 4th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That looks epic!
Thanks! It was! It was crazy giving all superheroes basically the flying skill (swimming). Flying Batman! Plus our Aquaman was a beast underwater.
Old October 4th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Awesome!
Old October 4th, 2017, 09:07 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Hey, I can see one of my trademark Yoo-hoos in one of those pics! I remember that game, it was a fun day.
Old October 4th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Hey, I can see one of my trademark Yoo-hoos in one of those pics! I remember that game, it was a fun day.
Sorry Sherm. We never did do a card for your Yoo-hoo figure.
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:31 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part XI - Jungle Palm Trees

• Naturally Wired wire. You can find this in the floral section of most Michael's Arts and Crafts stores.

I haven't found the Ferns yet at my local places but I did want to let you know I have completed three sets worth of trees with the one roll of wire. Once I get the ferns for the palm leaves I will have a full 3 sets of custom Jungle terrain for about $25 total. Thanks again for the inspiration and guidance you have provided.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 7th, 2017, 12:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain - Part XI - Jungle Palm Trees

• Naturally Wired wire. You can find this in the floral section of most Michael's Arts and Crafts stores.

I haven't found the Ferns yet at my local places but I did want to let you know I have completed three sets worth of trees with the one roll of wire. Once I get the ferns for the palm leaves I will have a full 3 sets of custom Jungle terrain for about $25 total. Thanks again for the inspiration and guidance you have provided.
Indeed. Your tutorials work great for all types of miniatures games. Ive said it before and ill say it again. You are to thank for my inspiration to build custom terrain.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 11th, 2017, 11:52 PM

BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker

That underwater map looks fun as hell to play on!

For street tiles I used WorldWorksGames' tiles and did a bit of resizing and placed the grid over it a while back.
Spoiler Alert!

It seems that the guys over at WWG have stopped doing terrain and moved on to video games. Kinda doubt they would mind if I shared it with a few of you. But if you really want to be an awesome person go over there and purchase the set. Its less than $9 now and it comes with a bunch of other cool stuff in the Streets of Mayhem pack. Either way send me a PM or better yet just email me at bigthumbtoe@gmail.com as I don't frequent as often anymore nor check the email thats tied to my account... Its the least I can do, especially for you Grish. You have no idea how much you've helped me dive way to deep into this hobby. I'm actually entering a tourney for the Batman Miniature Game this weekend where I'm hoping my Court of Owls destroy. If I remember I'll snap a few pics of those cities for inspiration. Theres some really great terrain out there for SuperHero games if you're willing to spend the money. Tho I'm fine rocking my SuperHeroScape stuff I've been collecting from here

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles