Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: When will Wave 10 come out? (Note: Your choices are public)
Wave 10 will come this or next year. 74 66.07%
There will be a large figures set first. 13 11.61%
There will be a terrain pack first. 14 12.50%
There will be no Wave 10. 11 9.82%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM

FieldMarshal Woo who?
Re: Wave 10: What's YOUR Idea?

I'd like to see a return to some older themes, like the Romans. Now that we have Marro and Templar cavalry, why not some Roman cavalry? I'd like to see more historical figures. Maybe German soldiers for Vydar, alot of you have been talking about desert terrain, what about Afrika Korps units? Heres my short list:
Roman Cavalry- Just what I need to complete a Roman Legion

Germanic/British/Irish Barbarians- ideal Roman "enemy" good at swarming like the orcs, maybe

German and American World War 2 figures- Some Wheremacht forces to follow Vydar, or Afrika Korps, and Marines and other units for Jandar

Archers or crossbowman for the Templar Knights, maybe some dismounted Crusader knights as well
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:25 PM

The Wall Woo who?

I would also enjoy seeing some WW1 and WW2 units. Maybe a squad to bond with Drake. That would be awesome.
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:52 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Um probably some skeleton warriors, Alien/ predator kind of creature, and golems
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:59 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Some things I would like to see:

-9th elf wizard with a special that can remove wounds from other elf wizards

-common squad which bonds with Dund

-5 figure unique squad

-Strong 2 figure common melee squad with Thorian speed

-Ninja version of Kato (though not costing anywhere near 200 points)
Old July 17th, 2009, 09:30 PM

MattWolf99 is surprisingly tart

I would love some dwraf archers. The dwarfen army needs some range. I think some more bugs are a good idea too. I know I'm thinking all Aquilla, but how about some tiny dinasour squads. More wolf heroes would be awesome too, and the list goes on and on, Heroscape can never be complete, but the quest is fun.

If I'm not on Heroscapers.com, It's because I'm playing Heroscape. Well more likely in School
Old July 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe a ranged squad on horseback? A really cool run and gun squad would be AWESOME to play. Maybe they could move AFTER they fire? How sick would that be?
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:31 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

I have seen a lot of ideas but I think there could be more to it.

For Einar, I really agree with more roman calvery, they really should add that or maybe add spear throwers, wardogs, or stronger roman troops. I also thought that maybe they could have a new british troops, like the 10th regiment of foot, but they have better guns and wear better uniforms. Like the kind of units that during the british empire when they expand into southern Africa or into India.

For Utgar, I think he is fine for now but maybe some new undead units would be nice.

For Ullar, I really think that they should get the final elf wizard. Also I really think that the monks could come back too, maybe carrying weapons that they can use to defend themselves.

For Vydar, I think the gorrilla troops should be nice, or maybe even robotic dogs from their home planet and serve only their trusted leaders.

For Jandar, well I think all of you guys have not given him enough credit. He should get the longbows, they could go great with the other knights, plus I think they would get a hero and as long as he is next to them, they can get either a range boost or more attack. Besides those units I have been thinking that Jander could get a new unit as well. Like royal musketeers. They could have a sword in hand and they would carry a pistol as well that fires to four or five range. But he is a twist with the pistol ability, the closer the enemy is to them, the more attack they can roll down. I think that would be really great.(like the movie, the three musketeers)

As for Aquilla, more dwarven units, and indian troops. Maybe dwarves on giant mounted rams and charge into battle with large spears.

I wonder were the dwarves live as well. Do they live were the orcs live or are they on another planet? Because I think there is something that could be new for the dwarves. Like they could have some better gear and tech. Like dwarves with guns and with them and their warrior troops beside them they could get better attack or defense.

(Well thats what I think if they could have dwarves with guns, just like warhammer or something like that.)

Well thats all of the units I think they should put into the game.

I also thought up of Zulu warriors but I don't know were they should be, maybe Einar or maybe with the Aquilla and the natives. What do you think they should go.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...

Last edited by Bro-man; July 18th, 2009 at 03:39 AM. Reason: speeling edit
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

As I mentioned a couple of days ago I have two ideas for units for the future.

1st Unit

Deathguards
Utgar
3 figures
Soulborg
Common Squad
Guards
Tricky
Small 3

Move 6
Range 4
Attack 1
Defense 4
55 points

Stealth Flying - as per the normal rules for this.

Knows Where to Hit Them. If the target of a Deathguards attack is a soulborg add one attack dice to the attack.

Soulborg Emergency Repair. If a friendly Soulborg Unique Hero that is within the current movement range of a DeathGuard is destroyed by an enemy attack the Deathguard may try and merge with the other Soulborg and keep it active.
Roll a 20 sided dice for the outcome. 1-2 both Soulborgs are destroyed. 3-10 the Unique Soulborg is still destroyed and the Deathguard is placed on the board in the hex it moved to. 11-19 the two Soulborgs merge. The Unique Soulborg stays on the map and the Deathguard figure is placed on the Unique Soulborgs card until it is destoyed again. The Unique Soulborg now has one life and one less defense. It loses all unrevealed order markers and cannot have another Deathguard merge with it while the first one is still on its card. 20 has the same effect as 11-19, plus the Unique Soulborg may immediately make a normal attack.

Here is a unit that can both be used as a screen and as a chance to keep your Deathwalkers in the game longer. It also benefits from DW9000 and Warden 816's ability boosts. I see these figures as looking like flying mechanical insects.

2nd Unit

Golden Gryphons
Vydar
3 figures
Human
Unique Squad
Soldiers
Valiant
Large 7

Move 5
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 4
150 points

Heavy Armor 13. When a Golden Gryphon receives one or more wounds, before removing that figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, ignore any wounds.

Rocket Pack Flying 4. Instead of moving normaly a Golden Gryphon may fly a maximum of 4 hexes. Normal flying rules apply when it comes to elevation changes and engagement.

Mortar Special Attack. Range 5. Lob 25. Attack 3. Instead of attacking normally a Golden Gryphon may make an attack with its mortar instead. No clear line of sight is needed. This is not an area effect attack.

This is my idea for a Vydar Kyrie unit. If the back story is correct and Vydar does not have many Kyrie left then I would think he would try and draft a unit that could be used as Kyrie. The design is heavily influenced by the power armor of Robert Heinlein's book "Starship Troopers." The name Golden Gryphon comes from the US Army's 108th Reserve Training Division which I served in for eight years. Back in the 1950's the Division was a Reserve Airborne Division. If you go to the Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, NC you will see on the wall the Division's symbol on the wall with an Airborne Tab above it. The symbol is a Gold Gryphon on a red seven sided background. I made them unique because I felt that they would be too powerful if they were common. I was torn between calling them soulborg and being large. The way Heinlein described his armor it could be both, but again I figured that would be too powerful. I went with large, because I hate Braxas. I also thought of giving the Mortar two attack modes, with the second being a 2 dice area effect attack, decided that 3 figures with the ability to fly and repeatedly fire area effect attacks would be broken.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old July 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM

FieldMarshal Woo who?

Both of those sound really good! I would like to see more soulborgs also, I always thought those were one of the best heroscape figure themes, and it's a shame they seem to have dropped the Utgar and Vydar borgs.
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

Spartans
Aquilla and Vydar Kyrie
Skeletons
Dwarf Ranged Units(Gunner's or Crossbowmen)
A Real Anubian Darklord
Another Elf Melee Squad

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM

GENOCIDE *glass shatters*
Talking Re: Wave 10: What's YOUR Idea?

A great Wave 10 idea is an introduction to new elemental tribal creatures say one made of solid ice and water named Eycians. They would have a trait called Frost Blanket in which they could cross water and ice with out being affected and given unlimited move as long as their on either ice or water. If when an Eycian moves on water, all water hexes in a 3-hex radius will freeze and all figures except for Eycians are unable to move or attack in that radius, and if on ice, the ice in a 3-hex radius is now uncrossable and concidered to have a height of 6. Another ability they would have is called Frost Bite and any creature currently affected by Frost blanket would recieve an automatic 1 damage at the start of every players turn.
Another tribe would be made of rock and minerals named Ro-koids. Like their ice counter parts, they too would affect terain and thus would have an ability named Land Mass in which creatures except for Ro-koids in a 4-hex range would use a 3 move on a single hex. Also Ro-koids could cross any elevation in a 0-15 limit without using any extra move spaces aside from their -1 move a new hex. Lastly, their second ability is called Tremor, and they can attack from anywere in a 1-15 radius and do an automatic 2 as long as you can see the target, and the hex path dosn't contain any other hex terrain except for land. (Land being the solid hexes in colors of brown, green, dark green, etc.)
One final tribe would be Pyronites. They are cousins to the Obsidian Guards, but I'm still working on what they do.
These new tribes would not only be in the war for the Well Springs, but the 3 tribes would be fighting on another storyline of the war and they are more after land control for their empire. If this goes well, maby some more expansion sets and a master set strengthen their forces.

"You can't change the world if you follow the rules all the time."
Old August 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Exclamation EXPOSED BY TRUTH! Wave 10 is Valkrill's Gambit!!!!!!!!

Today's blog post by Truth reveals the truth (no pun intended) behind Wave 10, known as Valkrill's Gambit: [spoiler]We'll see the return of the Warriors of Ashra, Deathstalkers, and Deathreavers. We'll get what may be Obsidian Guard and Dzu-Teh repaints. We may recieve new Soulborgs with bonding, but it may just be a re-release.[/spolier]
But there' more!!!!!
Spoiler Alert!

Get psyched!!!! Get ready!!!! Get first in line for the new wave!!!!

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion