Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 30th, 2007, 07:19 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
zackees .

A wee little man was he: Zackees may disengage with any Medium or Large unit. (by running under their legs)

sycamore tree: When Zackees is adjacent to a tree he may climb it becoming only vulnerable to ranged attacks unless the attacking unit is Huge.

Long live Heroscape.
Old June 30th, 2007, 08:13 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Man, how did I miss this thread!

I'm very impressed by everyone's Bible knowledge. There are some fairly obscure names on these six pages. As a pastor, it's good to see that there are still so many people with at least a familiarity of the Bible stories. Regardless of one's personal beliefs, the Bible is at least very interesting reading. Well, okay, maybe not ALL of it...

You guys have already taken most of the funny ones. How Job as a hero and a squad of "Job's Comforters." Each time Job receives a wound, if any of Job's comforters are adjacent to Job, he receives an additional wound.

Or maybe Paul - immune to vipers; Basket Drop - Paul may descend a cliff of any size without taking falling damage; "To live is Christ to Die is gain" - when Paul is destroyed immediately place his figure on the Jesus card.

The Witch of Endor would make an interesting figure, too.

There could be a whole wave devoted to just David. David, Saul, Jonathan, Goliath, Abner, Joab, Absolom, Tamar, Amnon, and David's Mighty Men. There's enough fighting, conspiracy, blood shed, and deceit there to fill a mulitude of scenarios.

On a more serious note, I would love to see some biblical scenarios for C&C:A. That would play very well, especially with some custom tactical cards.
Old June 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith
On a more serious note, I would love to see some biblical scenarios for C&C:A. That would play very well, especially with some custom tactical cards.
Maybe not the thread for this, but: Amen. Now that is a game that maybe Cactus Game Design would be willing to tackle: get Richard Borg to do C&C:Isreal.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 30th, 2007, 11:23 PM

Sagart has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk
zackees .

A wee little man was he.
Aah, yah, well, maybe not. The actual pronoun "he" in Luke 19:4 referring to the person of "small stature" (te helikia mikros), or as you say "wee,” does not necessarily refer to “Zachees.” It may in fact refer to Jesus. It makes sense either way; Jesus was to short to be seen over the crowd, or “Zachees” was to short to see over the crowd. We just presume that it's “Zachees” because we know that Jesus was six foot four inches tall, blond hair and blue eyed. Oh, wait a minute, no, we don't know that. In fact we're pretty sure that the blond hair and blue eyes is wrong so maybe the six-four is wrong also. But hay, that's OK. We can just use the received tradition for the figure instead of the ambiguity of the scripture text.
Old June 30th, 2007, 11:40 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagart
Quote:
zackees .

A wee little man was he.
Aah, yah, well, maybe not. The actual pronoun "he" in Luke 19:4 referring to the person of "small stature" (te helikia mikros), or as you say "wee,” does not necessarily refer to “Zachees.” It may in fact refer to Jesus. It makes sense either way; Jesus was to short to be seen over the crowd, or “Zachees” was to short to see over the crowd. We just presume that it's “Zachees” because we know that Jesus was six foot four inches tall, blond hair and blue eyed. Oh, wait a minute, no, we don't know that. In fact we're pretty sure that the blond hair and blue eyes is wrong so maybe the six-four is wrong also. But hay, that's OK. We can just use the received tradition for the figure instead of the ambiguity of the scripture text.
I really don't know where it says blonde haired blue eyed, in fact, in every picture i see, he is a caucasian about 5'10 with brown hair. However, that was also not biblical, i believe. I DO believe that he most likely was dark skinned, like anny other middle easterner, and probobly had dark hair. However, your description matches that as an "Arian", as Hitler saw as perfect.

Theophilus.
Old July 1st, 2007, 01:08 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith
How Job as a hero and a squad of "Job's Comforters." Each time Job receives a wound, if any of Job's comforters are adjacent to Job, he receives an additional wound.
Job could roll the 20 sided die for the number boils on his head.
Old July 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
This could be the basis for a squad of Sodomites.

I'm not sure what there special powers could be.

Maybe they could rearrange the board or dress fashionably at people.

Old July 1st, 2007, 01:20 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Ugly-Caco's got a tongue in cheek point: The Pharisees don't exaclty get the rosiest of portrait painted in the Gospel.
Yeah your right, sorry about that. There were pharasees and religious leaders who were agreeing to Jesus' teachings and werent hostile to Him. One of them is Nicodemus and the other guy who understood the top 2 commandments. But then again if I was a pharasee back then & there was some carpenter's son claiming to be God, I'd plot against him on the grounds of blasphemy too.

Nicodemus
John 3:16
Nicodemus recites John3:16 and all who hears it repents. Roll d-20, if you roll 8 or highier, no opponent in a radius of 3 spaces may attack Nicodemus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff

That's a Queered ability!

We Want Your Male Guests
If the sodomites are 2 spaces away from the castle door, roll d-20 to request. If you roll 15 or higher, choose any male figure indside the castle and move him outside the castle door.

Old July 1st, 2007, 01:30 AM

jaques has disabled reputation
Quote:

Don't be so quick to mock -- look at the background color stripes and then read up on the Heroscape Color Theory thread.
Old July 1st, 2007, 01:35 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques
Quote:

Don't be so quick to mock -- look at the background color stripes and then read up on the Heroscape Color Theory thread.
Are you suggesting that each of them would have to be heroes for different generals? Interesting...
Old July 1st, 2007, 01:38 AM

Sagart has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by theats
Quote:
Quote:
zackees .

A wee little man was he.
I really don't know where it says blonde haired blue eyed,
It (by which I presume you mean scripture) doesn't. That's the point. We all have images of Jesus in our minds. And, I think, 90% of those images are just made up. Why? Because we have to. The earliest documents referring to Jesus, the NT scriptures don't refer to his physical appearance at all. We've got to fill in the blanks. And we usually fill them in with current cultural norms. As you say and I agree Jesus probably looked like a typical first century AD Palestine Jew. More and more that's the image that most people have of Jesus. Why? Because that's what he probably looked like? No. It’s because our cultural norm is that we should have an image of him that is historically accurate. One of those historically criteria may be, as I was saying, that he might have been shorter than the average first century AD Palestine Jew. Maybe. It all depends on how you read Luke 19:4 and how well you deal with a short savior (if you're into the him being the savior thing that is).
Old July 1st, 2007, 01:44 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theats
Quote:
Quote:
zackees .

A wee little man was he.
I really don't know where it says blonde haired blue eyed,
It (by which I presume you mean scripture) doesn't. That's the point. We all have images of Jesus in our minds. And, I think, 90% of those images are just made up. Why? Because we have to. The earliest documents referring to Jesus, the NT scriptures don't refer to his physical appearance at all. We've got to fill in the blanks. And we usually fill them in with current cultural norms. As you say and I agree Jesus probably looked like a typical first century AD Palestine Jew. More and more that's the image that most people have of Jesus. Why? Because that's what he probably looked like? No. It’s because our cultural norm is that we should have an image of him that is historically accurate. One of those historically criteria may be, as I was saying, that he might have been shorter than the average first century AD Palestine Jew. Maybe. It all depends on how you read Luke 19:4 and how well you deal with a short savior (if you're into the him being the savior thing that is).
What, do you mean He doesn't look like this?

That movie lied to me...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion