Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 28th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I would still like to see Archer get modified since I think there is design space there.
Agreed.

I really appreciate the meticulous playtesting, evaluation and feedback for such an important (or rather impactful) unit by all those involved. I’ll take this back to my customs thread for some help on fleshing this out.
tag me when you do I think we can get really close

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 28th, 2019, 01:38 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

to review Beakface Rogue as a solo submission.

to review Kate Crawford. The mini seems fine to me, I don’t really see what’s been sticking out to people.
Old August 28th, 2019, 01:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Thanks for posting these pics. She *does* look like a Western character. But still not like a Lawman.
might be the brests and long hair.
Oh brother. I do not appreciate the implication here. The figure would look no more like a lawman if it were male.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 28th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for posting these pics. She *does* look like a Western character. But still not like a Lawman.
Oh brother. I do not appreciate the implication here. The figure would look no more like a lawman if it were male.
I agree with Cap on this point. FWIW. Doesn't look like a lawman. She's not wearing lawman clothes, she is not positioned like a lawman, she doesn't have the accessories of a lawman. Breasts and long hair, to be perfectly clear on this point, not counting as "accessories."

This kind of analysis in Heroscape deals in tropes. Does this Western / fantasy / WW2 mini evoke something clear about what it's intended to depict, compared to what is known / depicted about that thing already? With that in mind, let's look.

Traditionally, the lawman has a hat, often a badge. The lawman is dressed relatively formally - collared shirt, duster for an outer garment, and so on - and the lawman's demeanor and posture will convey some level of command. I don't see any of that here. Could the figure conceivably be a lawman, anyway? Sure. But just because it's possible doesn't mean that the mini looks like it.

Questions about whether a figure is male or female, or whether a male or female figure is being assigned some role because of its sex, are perfectly fair, and we try to be alert to those issues inside the C3V. Heaven knows, we've fought our fights over those issues. I care. We care.

That said, in this case, I agree with Cap.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 28th, 2019, 02:56 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry no implication implied, it was a joke that fell flat. But such things happen when you... "shoot from the hip"

Also as I mentioned our history doesn't lend itself to a female bounty hunter lawman. bandit for sure, but not really lawman.

She has a Clint Eastwood from the good the bad and the ugly feel. He was the good bounty hunter in that one, but to your point not an official lawman. then again guilt reminds me of the ugly rather than the lone ranger.

Last edited by wriggz; August 28th, 2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old August 28th, 2019, 03:12 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Perhaps Deputy? Seems like when a posse is formed, many had been deputized and they probably didn't have lawmen appearances.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 28th, 2019, 03:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

to review the Beakface Rogue on its own. It sounds like it was a fun unit to play and could have passed on its own.

to review Kate Crawford. I think the concerns about her attire and poncho not being fitting for a typical lawmen (regardless of gender) are valid, but they're good enough to fit for me. I don't think that Bandit, Outlaw, or Rogue capture the theme that @Pumpkin_King was going for, and I like the idea of Ullar getting a cowboy like the official ones we saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Perhaps Deputy? Seems like when a posse is formed, many had been deputized and they probably didn't have lawmen appearances.
If she's going to be on the side of the law, I'd prefer for her class to be Lawman so that she isn't excluded from any synergies for that group.
Old August 28th, 2019, 03:42 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tend to agree with Astro here. Lawman isn’t Sheriff, or Constable, or Marshal. It’s Lawman, a western hero on the side of the law. Suggesting that it should require particular attire or rank beyond that classification is delving into far greater specificity than the name of the class itself actually implies.
Old August 28th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I don't think that Bandit, Outlaw, or Rogue capture the theme that Pumpkin_King was going for, and I like the idea of Ullar getting a cowboy like the official ones we saw.
Huh.

There's someone very, very far away who would like to have a word with you. Take care to stay behind cover, because your bulletproof vest won't protect you from the insult you have inflicted upon him.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 28th, 2019, 03:55 PM

I see both sides. It is worth noting the figure is blind variant of Black Widow in wild west attire. I have the mini and she looks good with the rest of the lawmen in a way josie never could.

Also if Netflix releases a show about a town where one brave woman takes up the sheriff mantel against a group of bandits when the men are all to afraid, I wouldn't be surprised if the dressed her just like this.

That said the personality of reckless and the defensive power of mettle and the pose of the mini as ready to draw give me pause. 6 range, a special attack that has no draw backs and a power that makes her better as she takes wounds doesn't feel reckless. fearless maybe but not reckless. I also really don't like the power name mettle.

her stance is very bold also not reckless.

i vote no to review.

Old August 28th, 2019, 04:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I don't think that Bandit, Outlaw, or Rogue capture the theme that Pumpkin_King was going for, and I like the idea of Ullar getting a cowboy like the official ones we saw.
Huh.

There's someone very, very far away who would like to have a word with you. Take care to stay behind cover, because your bulletproof vest won't protect you from the insult you have inflicted upon him.
It's a good thing that I have a 90% chance to survive.
Old August 28th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd keep her as a Lawman simply for the synergy it offers - I don't think she should be kept hermetically sealed away from thematic synergy with Clayton. Otherwise I'd be tempted by something like Vigilante.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs