Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 13th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The two team-helper army

So, I'm going to a team huge game, basically one big game with 12 people in stead of a tourment sometime, (forget the date) and I had a great idea. What if you built a whole army around cheerleaders, healers and maybe a heavy hitter or something. Its a 350 point game, so maybe some thing this-
Saylind
Ralien Rotv
Kelda
a 110 point heavy hitter like rotv drake

Basiclly, you cheer on the other team, and that heavy hitter is there so your OMs arnent completly useless and has some fight in it. So the question remains, is it competitive?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; March 13th, 2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: punctionation
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:02 AM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The two team-helper army

I'd take Sonlen. A turn with him is never a waste, and, during those moments when the major action is elsewhere, you can restore your force which, in multiplay, is a huge advantage. And of course Raelin. Leaving 110 points. Brunak would be my choice.

Next Generation

Old March 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

You need to check out the powers carefully: the ones that say "figures you control" or something similar won't apply to your teammates. Here's the definitive list.

How about:

Kelda: 80
Laglor: 110
Sonlen: 160
Total: 350pts, 3 hexes.

All help friendles and you have reasonable attacking power.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks Ollie. I will probably go with kelda, sonlen, and I dont have lagor so maybe Burnak. I will have to playtest.

Old March 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Thanks Ollie. I will probably go with kelda, sonlen, and I dont have lagor so maybe Burnak. I will have to playtest.
That might be a good call anyway unless you know that some of your teammates will be playing ranged Vydar units. Brunak is more versatile in his synergy.

Another idea:

Knights x2: 140
Finn: 80
Thorgrim: 80
Eldgrim: 30
Marcu: 20
Total: 350pts, 12 hexes.

Plenty of punch as you roll it forward and as the vikings fall you can distribute their spirits to your teammates' units.

Last edited by ollie; March 14th, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

I really need to start getting good figures because I only have x1 knights and I dont have marcu or eldgrim. But I could do x1 Knights, Finn, Thor, and Burnak and no I dont got the annoy little red ninja. That's an awesome build but i just cant pull it off! Edit: oh and parteners are randomly chosen, so it would suck if I they didnt have any Vydar. Heck, it would suck if they were trying to pull of the help your teammate startgey just like me!

Old April 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
So, I'm going to a team huge game, basically one big game with 12 people in stead of a tourment sometime, (forget the date) and I had a great idea. What if you built a whole army around cheerleaders, healers and maybe a heavy hitter or something. Its a 350 point game, so maybe some thing this-
Saylind
Ralien Rotv
Kelda
a 110 point heavy hitter like rotv drake

Basiclly, you cheer on the other team, and that heavy hitter is there so your OMs arnent completly useless and has some fight in it. So the question remains, is it competitive?
REAVER SHIELD TIME!

Seriously though, I only have 2 squads of most units. In an all support army I'd go with this:

DEATHREAVERSx2-80
DEATHSTALKERSx2-280
KELDA-360
OMNICRON REPULSERSx1-400

Sorry, multi-squad lovers, but I only own 1 squad of Repulsers and I don't like them enough to get a second one.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion