Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 6th, 2015, 04:19 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Thanks again for everyone's comments and enthusiasm for the Singing Fang Twins (name change). Unfortunately I had almost finished writing this next post earlier but then accidentally closed the tab.

This is the Djinni from Pathfinder Miniatures - Legends of Golarian

NAME = Namielus
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Feylund
SPECIES = Djinn
CLASS = Warrior
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Large 7 (uncertain of height, single based)
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 180

THREE WISHES

Start the game with 3 gold Wish Markers on this card. At the end of the turn, if you have at least 1 Wish Marker on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, remove a Wish Marker and choose one of the following:
LIFE - Place a previously destroyed figure you control adjacent to Namielus. Remove all wound markers from that Army Card.
DEATH - Destroy a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Namielus.
RICHES - Choose a Unique Hero you control. Place up to 3 treasure glyphs from unoccupied spaces on that figures Army Card power-side up.

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
Namielus may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Namielus's movement, ignore elevation. Namielus may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Namielus is engaged when he starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Namielus is a Djinn who can shape the fabric of reality itself with his powers, although properly phrasing a wish for it to work as desired can be difficult. If a wish is granted, he can bring death to your enemies, resurrect the dead, or even grant incredible riches to the wisher. Instead of solely relying on his means of granting wishes, Namielus is still a capable warrior who can nimbly fly across the battlefield and carve through multiple opponents with his double-sided blade.

When representing a Djinni, I knew I had to nail the wish power. Making the power very likely means that it would also have to be quite weak in order to be playable, which is not exactly fitting for a wish. I instead relegated it to a very unlikely, pie-in-the-sky type roll that can yield incredible payouts should you land it. Bringing back a powerful hero, for instance, can easily have the Djinni pay for himself. As far as the wishes were concerned, I decided to focus around the basic concepts of life, death, and riches and how to best represent those. I contemplated love as well but felt that it would be almost strictly better than death and was not something I wanted to focus on. The effect is still powerful enough that I feel the need to price Namielus highly, mostly in that the power is expensive because it needs to be. That being said, while the djinn warrior is certainly more expensive than his average use, he isn't exactly terrible between his maneuverability and whirlwind assault of 4. Fun fact, his name is Suleiman backwards, named after the Magic card King Suleiman who could kill Djinn and Efreet.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; April 8th, 2015 at 10:28 AM. Reason: tweaked riches
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:45 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I can't even fathom how balanced he is, but I friggin love the idea and sculpt.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I assume you want to remove a wish marker upon a successful roll?
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:36 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Heh, funny I just made a wish granting genie too. Great minds and all that.

Interesting take on the concept. The 'riches' option doesn't seem like it would ever be worth it compared to the other two though, unless you were playing Treasure Quest or something. Also, I don't think 'equip' actually means anything in Heroscape (in C3G yes, but this isn't C3G, and that's for equipment glyphs anyway), it probably needs to say something like 'choose up to 3 unoccupied treasure glyphs and place them power-side-up on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control'. Is the intent that he can steal treasure glyphs from other cards? I think he can at the moment, since they're not occupied while on someone else's card.

Is there supposed to be a line about removing a wish marker to get a wish somewhere? Right now it just says you start with 3, and have to have 1 to use the power, it never says anything about removing them. I assume you're supposed to at some-point since otherwise they basically have no reason to be there in the first place.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:08 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the comments! I guess the treasure stealing power needs work. The intention is not to steal from enemies but maybe it should have that as an option. I didn't necessarily want it to be that great of an option, but it is something if only cheap squads are nearby and nobody important is dead. I hoped it wouldn't become too wordy since he has enough of that already. I really just wanted some way to represent wishing for riches.

As far as removing a counter is concerned, it slipped past me on this run. As I had mentioned before, I had him written up but accidentally closed the tab on my post. I forgot to include removing the marker on the new version. More power to you if you actually manage to get all three wishes out of him in a single game. Maybe if have hold of Lodin and keep Myrddin nearby to make sacrifices.
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:19 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
More power to you if you actually manage to get all three wishes out of him in a single game. Maybe if have hold of Lodin and keep Myrddin nearby to make sacrifices.
He is Tricky, so maybe you draft Elaria the Pale for a 10% chance instead : P
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:32 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like Elaria

...er, anyway. Yes, nice custom indeed! I actually like the riches aspect. Depending on the TGs you nab, it could really power up a figure significantly. How does it work for face-up/down TGs? I suppose you could take your chances with the face-down ones, but if there's some that another hero dropped you could pick those up too. It's an interesting concept but not one that demands for him to be played only with TGs around.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 7th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Singing Fang Twins
I really like the simple overall design here. It almost seems like it should just be one power but there are reasons it is best as two. And it has a nice twins-feel to it. They do look a tad weak, though. Their offense is solid but defensively they are somewhat fragile. Yes, the reroll is huge, but for a unique melee squad of only two, losing even one is devastating.

Namielus
What do you mean by "at the end of the turn"? The end of every turn? I'm guessing you mean the end of Namielus's turn. For Riches, what does "unoccupied" mean? Treasure glyphs aren't really "occupied;" do you mean ones that do not have any characters on them? What about ones on other figures' army cards? Great implementation of a wish mechanic though. Stealth Flying 7 + Whirlwind Assault + Attack 4 + solid defenses makes for a pretty potent unit, possibly worth 180pts already (though it feels high). Those wishes are crazy-awesome though. So yeah, no idea how to cost the guy.
Old April 8th, 2015, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the additional comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Yes, nice custom indeed! I actually like the riches aspect. Depending on the TGs you nab, it could really power up a figure significantly. How does it work for face-up/down TGs? I suppose you could take your chances with the face-down ones, but if there's some that another hero dropped you could pick those up too. It's an interesting concept but not one that demands for him to be played only with TGs around.

~TAF
The idea is that he could nab both face up and face down treasure glyphs, as long as no one is standing on it or it is currently on another hero's army card. I changed the language to clarify, which is unfortunate since I was striving to be concise with the concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Singing Fang Twins
I really like the simple overall design here. It almost seems like it should just be one power but there are reasons it is best as two. And it has a nice twins-feel to it. They do look a tad weak, though. Their offense is solid but defensively they are somewhat fragile. Yes, the reroll is huge, but for a unique melee squad of only two, losing even one is devastating.
I'll probably roll down their cost. I don't expect to accomplish much with a two-figure unique squad, so I'd much rather relegate them to some filler clean up. They are melee so that limits them in that role somewhat, but I suspect even one of them could do decently in picking off stray squads. I think a fun army construction for them would be using heroes like Finn and/or Thorgrim with a bonding squad in the beginning and using their spirits to charge up the twins when they die, giving you a powerhouse team in reserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Namielus
What do you mean by "at the end of the turn"? The end of every turn? I'm guessing you mean the end of Namielus's turn. For Riches, what does "unoccupied" mean? Treasure glyphs aren't really "occupied;" do you mean ones that do not have any characters on them? What about ones on other figures' army cards? Great implementation of a wish mechanic though. Stealth Flying 7 + Whirlwind Assault + Attack 4 + solid defenses makes for a pretty potent unit, possibly worth 180pts already (though it feels high). Those wishes are crazy-awesome though. So yeah, no idea how to cost the guy.
I mean the exact same thing that Morsbane's Rod of Negation power means. I know you just love the official wording that so many cards used . I used that out of precedence, though after moving and attacking is the same thing (a turn is when the unit acts). Unoccupied was taken directly from Heirloom, but I see now my original version (stupid closed tab) followed that wording closer. I must have made the mistake when I was rewriting it from memory. That probably explains why there was as much confusion over it. Hopefully the new wording will fix all the issues.

His defenses really aren't that solid. Sure the 4 whirlwind assault + maneuverability is good, but 6 life and 3 defense will not hold for all that long. The Venoc Warlord isn't exactly known for his stats. I'm scracthing my head at his cost, too. I think 180 may be okay, or perhaps 200 to be safe. I feel he falls into the same sort of category as Runa or Deadeye Dan: their ability is potentially extremely powerful so they are costed beyond their average use. I think it's a healthy thing when extremely high variance cards like this aren't necessarily competitive since it can be very frustrating for people when they are.
Old April 11th, 2015, 01:52 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The Singfang twins are like Pygar Fasir x2. In the right matchup they will be obscenely good in cleanup. But not having range softens them a bit.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:38 AM

I've been sitting on this design for a while.

This is the Catapult from the Solaris VII Heavy-Class Action Pack. The pack has been used by C3V but no unit for this figure has been released.

NAME = Realmrazer 3.0
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Alpha Prime
SPECIES = Soulborg
CLASS = Realmrazer
PERSONALITY = Merciless
SIZE = Large 6
UNIQUE HERO

Life = 1
Move = 5
Range = 7
Attack = 3
Defense = 4
Points = 185

REDUNDANT SYSTEMS
Realmrazer 3.0 starts the game with 3 Redundant System Markers on its army card. If Realmrazer 3.0 recieves one or more wounds, you may remove a Redundant System Marker from this Army Card to ignore all wounds.

MISSILE BARRAGE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5 - Special.
The first target of Missile Barrage Special Attack must be within a range of 5. Realmrazer 3.0 may subtract 1, 2, 3, or 4 from this special attack. You may target X additional figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Realmrazer 3.0 with Missile Barrage Special Attack where X is the number of dice subtracted from the attack. Realmrazer 3.0 may not target the same figure more than once when attacking with Missile Barrage Special Attack. Roll attack dice separately for each affected figure. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Before the Mariedians fell to the Soulborgs on Alpha Prime, the Vulcanmech corporation designed the Realmrazer 3.0 to as a means of putting an end to any conflict by leaving a crater behind. They never had the chance to work on version 3.1. Realmrazer 3.0 is the pinnacle of Vulcanmech design, capable of unleashing a barrage of missiles that it can focus on individual targets or widen its parameters across a larger spread. If repeated missile volleys don't take down it's target, Vulcanmech engineering is extremely resilient to physical damage. Instead of wasting too much space on armor or the like, the Realmrazer is equipped with multiple redundancies that are simply cast aside when damaged.

Obviously the directly borrowing from the Vulcanmech Incediborgs for the moment, although I am open to tweaking the various knobs in there to see where I want the unit to fall. As opposed to some other soulborgs, it is actually more vulnerable to squads who can hack through multiple markers a turn and stands more robust to "can openers" (high attack heroes) since it will at most remove one marker. The special attack is hopefully a clear way of writing a very versatile power. If only hitting one target, it will make a single attack of 5 (representing a full missile barrage on the intended). When going after two different targets, it will be two attacks of 4, 3 targets is 3 attacks of 3, 4 targets is 4 attacks of 2, and 5 is 5 attacks of 1. It leads to a fun little game where you see if you want to push your luck and cast a wider net or hope for a sure thing and limit your targets.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; April 20th, 2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Updated Missile Barrage Special Attack
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:47 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I really like that special attack, 1 attack of 5, 2 attacks of 4, 3 attacks of 3, 4 attacks of 2.

But... I don't see why he couldn't target the same figure twice, or 3 times.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards