Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 26th, 2014, 04:01 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Keeping with Scifi for the moment, these are Deadzone Assault Enforcers. They are unpainted and require assembly.

NAME = Microcorp Enforcers
GENERAL = Vydar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Enforcers
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

Life = 1 (3 Figures)
Move = 4
Range = 6
Attack = 2
Defense = 4
Points = 85

ENERGY BLADE 2
If a Microcorp Enforcer is attacking an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to that Microcorp Enforcer's attack.

Simple and straight forward, these guys are as versatile as they are solid. Their vicious energy blades and heavy armor can have them match toe-to-toe with the likes of the Horned Skull Brutes in melee or they can pick away at the enemy from afar. The bulk of their armor comes at a cost, however, significantly reducing their speed.

I always appreciate comments and insights on my units. Now that it looks like I have a bit more free time, I'm probably going to roll back and polish some of the designs of my previous units.

Last edited by Ixe; July 7th, 2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old June 26th, 2014, 04:27 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I just want to see Agent Carr leading up an army of these guys Great-looking unit!
Old June 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Nice design, simple, straightforward, and very playable. At first I felt they were a bit underpriced due to their excellent flexibility, but comparing to them to the 10th they don't seem too far off. I might put them on equal footing with the Microcorp Agents, but it's difficult to tell without playtesting. The lowered Move doesn't seem like much, but I'm certain it will have a significant effect.
Old June 26th, 2014, 05:27 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

While I like the design over all, I got to say the 4 move feels off to me. I have those figures and it seems like they're wearing powered armor. Heck, the middle guy is apparently in the middle of a jump or something.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 27th, 2014, 11:00 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I might keep things going and see if I can round out a Scifi wave. I'm also seeing if I can keep a certain subtheme running through it, but that will be an extra challenge to keep up.

One thing about my customs lately is that they've been strictly brainstorming creations. I'll slowly be rolling back through the lines to playtest and polish different designs, but in the meanwhile I can only theoryscape on where these different units fit. I was a bit worried about the versatility of the Enforcers and didn't want to cost them too highly so I dropped their move from 5 to 4.

Even if their armor is powered, it does not mean they necessarily have full maneuverability. I agree that one of them does appear to be jumping and that's not necessarily appropriate for this. Given that these guys are constructed in the first place, it should be simple to put one together who does not look like he's doing gymnastics. I'll swap that picture out with a different one.
Old July 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM

Here's another common squad for my budding sci-fi wave.

These are Nameless Sticky Guards and a Nameless John Doe. The miniatures are supplied unpainted. The two images here don't match color-wise, but again they are supplied unpainted and would be painted to match.

NAME = Thoolian Chokers
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Arctorus
SPECIES = Thoolians
CLASS = Fighters
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

Life = 1 (3 Figures)
Move = 5
Range = 1
Attack = 2
Defense = 4
Points = 70

CONSTRICTING TENTACLES 13

At the end of each round, for each opponent's small or medium figure engaged with at least one Thoolian Choker you control, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, that figure receives one wound.

These aliens were summoned off of Arctorus. Their advanced technology provides them with their protective armor that also gives their tentacled mass enough form to properly run around. Despite other advancements they have achieved, many Thoolians still prefer to use their bare tentacles to wrap around their opponent and slowly constrict until nothing remains.

Their name is a small nod to Cthulu and their somewhat Lovecraftian appearance. I'd imagine that they would pose a formidable screen, not accomplishing much for their points when taking turns but otherwise able to claim kills round by round while you focus order markers on other parts of your army. As such I've dialed down things like their movement to 5 and made sure that they only had 3 per squad so that won't prove too formidable.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; July 7th, 2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: adjusted power to be a little more threatening
Old July 1st, 2014, 06:10 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like them. They look like they'd do reasonably well as a defender squad, though they won't be of much use against range units (not enough figures and too weak of an attack). Being able to do damage without taking turns is quite handy, but you do need to spend turns to get them into position and 4 defense is far from invulnerable. They might do really well in Heat of Battle.

The figures are pretty sweet, and the race name is a nice tip-of-the-hat to their Cthulhuian look.
Old July 1st, 2014, 06:37 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would have figured the name was a nod to the malevolent entity in Skullkickers named Thool (or was it Tholl? It's been a while since read it). Although that was inspired largely by Cthulu. They look interesting, that's for sure.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the comments. Ranged will certainly give them issues, but these guys probably belong in a more defensive pod that crowds around Raelin and has its own range to do the bulk of the attacking. The Thoolians may not amount to much against ranged opponents but the Krav Maga behind them will probably do a bit better.

I'm not positive about where their points should really lie and I may have bumped it a bit higher given how they push an attack without order markers. There are different dials that can be turned to make them better (adding an extra figure, giving them more defense or move, turning down their points) but I want to be careful that they don't become too oppressive in their role. I'm fine with them being more conditional and having counters to be able to deal with them.

I am unfamiliar with Skullkickers so I can't really give a nod to that. I would guess that that source is also referencing Cthulu and Lovecraft in its own way. I'm glad that people like them.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 12:10 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Interesting design,

Considering they can only use Constricting Tentacles at the end of the round, it seems like you could afford to lower the target number a bit so the power has more pop in relation to Marro Plague and Searing Intensity. Not having to actually take turns with them once they're in position is nice, but that's still way few chances at the roll. Maybe 13 or higher?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 3rd, 2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Interesting design,

Considering they can only use Constricting Tentacles at the end of the round, it seems like you could afford to lower the target number a bit so the power has more pop in relation to Marro Plague and Searing Intensity. Not having to actually take turns with them once they're in position is nice, but that's still way few chances at the roll. Maybe 13 or higher?
Thanks for the comment. That's definitely a dial that I can turn. I've been back and forth on the matter since having it at the end of the round means that they do it infrequently while also meaning that they don't require order markers. I will certainly consider it as a possibility, though I should also mention that I have considered making a unique hero for their faction who could also boost their rolls. I think 13 is probably a safe stab at it. I don't want to take it too low (say 11) that you might as well take the leaving engagement strike instead of risking their tentacles.
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:47 AM

Keeping up with my wave, here's the next one:

This is Nastanza from Deadzone. The miniature is supplied unpainted an may require additional assembly.

NAME = Zidania
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Arctorus
SPECIES = Dunmeran
CLASS = Sniper
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
Unique Hero

Life = 4
Move = 5
Range = 10
Attack = 3
Defense = 4
Points = 90

HEAD SHOT

If Zidania did not move this turn, non-adjacent figures attacked by Zidania subtract 2 from their defense. Destructible objects are not affected by Head Shot.

I've always really liked Deadeye Dan, but unfortunately his powers never quite work the way you want them to. Despite being a supposedly expert marksman, he has at best a 50% chance of finding his mark with his special rifle. Other sniper characters have used Deadly Shot, but I liked the idea of her being able to reduce defense with her aim and have enough attack dice to throw around to make it pretty threatening and more consistent, especially when she claims height.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; July 8th, 2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: name and race change

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards