Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 1st, 2006, 05:44 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wherebouts are you Count?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Regina, Saskatchewan....

Canada.

I know, the dream is dead.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old December 1st, 2006, 05:59 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's really hard finding Mordheim players. It is such a great game. Are you ever on their boards?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:16 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
It's really hard finding Mordheim players. It is such a great game. Are you ever on their boards?
That's a negative. Since the only guy I ever really played with is in Calgary, I don't play much anymore. Haven't found a ton of players here in Regina, or in Edmonton, where I was last.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old December 1st, 2006, 06:16 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mordheim and Necromunda are both great games (I like Necromunda better but would play either of them anytime.)

Newb.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:03 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Didn't they come up with pretty good skirmish rules for the edition before the newest edition of WHF? The one with the brown/gold cover and the brass Sigmar on it? Didn't that "officially" replace Mordheim? I always wanted to play mordheim, but never have gotten around to it.

I actually just sold the rest of my WH40k stuff off on ebay. Got a lot more for it than I would have ever imagined.

Warhammer, both fantasy and 40k, are both HUGE money pits. And it sucks, more so when you're a new player and don't really know what're good and bad army choices. And you shell out a couple hundred points on an army list you think'll do great, get it painted, and finally find a game with someone who doesn't take the game as seriously as a supreme court justice would on a case, and you find out that your army sucks. Hard to get rid of all of those figures that you massacred with your supreme noob mini paint skills and buy new ones to make your army better without shelling out extra money.

I dislike the games, just my point of view.

smallboxgames.com
Old December 2nd, 2006, 04:06 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
I'll say it again,

Warhammer is not a game, it's a hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
Didn't they come up with pretty good skirmish rules for the edition before the newest edition of WHF? The one with the brown/gold cover and the brass Sigmar on it? Didn't that "officially" replace Mordheim?
No.

The skirmish rules were more or less so you could buy, build, and paint small numbers of figs and play with them untill you had enough figures for a full army.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:48 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
If you want to try out WH40K or want to know if your paint skills are up to par, I'd recommend a little pack called "Space Marine Assault" if you can find it as it's several years old and I don't think it's still in print.

I found one at hobby store. It comes w/about 10-20 space marines and aliens, paints, a brush, a paint guide, and a mini rulebook for under $20. It is a GW product and the pieces appear to be fully compatible w/WH40K.

I think it was produced as a watered down introduction to WH40K. I have one, but I've not taken the time to do anything w/it.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
space hulk is a good stand alone from the wh 40k.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures