Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM

PCServbot Woo who?
Re: Tree Town Open IV - Iowa, MN,SD,NE,KS,MO,IL,WI

I know I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to Thank Codeman and Jormi for putting the tournament together too. It was a blast. I don't get a chance to play that often, just when I go visit my cousins, so getting to play a variety of people and a whole bunch of games in one day is always a great experience. Oh, and of course the prizes are always a bonus .

Thanks also to everyone I got to play against. It was definitely a learning experience, and I definitely feel like I learned a lot. And of course, congrats to all the winners.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:07 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

HOLY CRAP! Those prizes I saw on the first page, do you win everything in the picture!?!?

I had no idea that the stuff you won was so cool!!!! Also I didn't realize that they were held so far away. I wouldn't mind driving that far next year but any further I think is pushing it. I would love to join you all next year! I may even be able to get my aunt and uncle to come, that would be exciting (they are the ones who got me into this game).

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:22 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You didn't win everything, but it almost seemed like it.

--

On thing I picked up was the game "10 days in Asia" from Out-of-the-Box Games.

I didn't know much about it, but have been very pleased. A fun game, sort of a cross between Ticket to Ride and Gin Rummy. Nice, sturdy components, too. If you're looking for a fun family game, I'd definitely recommend it.

--

I'm holding onto my Wargamer's certificate for when Wave 2 shows up, but then I plan on going well over the $50.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would have WALKED to FC if we won EVERYTHING, GL. I swear. I'd just have to leave at the same time the Nebraskians did. Hitchhike from Manly.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomo6 View Post
You didn't win everything, but it almost seemed like it.

--

On thing I picked up was the game "10 days in Asia" from Out-of-the-Box Games.

I didn't know much about it, but have been very pleased. A fun game, sort of a cross between Ticket to Ride and Gin Rummy. Nice, sturdy components, too. If you're looking for a fun family game, I'd definitely recommend it.

--

I'm holding onto my Wargamer's certificate for when Wave 2 shows up, but then I plan on going well over the $50.
My wife was able to snag "10 Days in Europe" off the prize table hopefully we will have some time this weekend to play that ( She also picked up a master set (for me )). I was also able to get a master set of my own even finishing 30th, anyway I got them to help with the tourneys - so everyone feel free to play on them next year or one of the Minnesota I may haul maps up to.

Also glad to hear you got a one of the $50 certificates - hey don't forget to use your $3 off as well .

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:26 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
HOLY CRAP! Those prizes I saw on the first page, do you win everything in the picture!?!?

I had no idea that the stuff you won was so cool!!!! Also I didn't realize that they were held so far away. I wouldn't mind driving that far next year but any further I think is pushing it. I would love to join you all next year! I may even be able to get my aunt and uncle to come, that would be exciting (they are the ones who got me into this game).
Everyone went thru the top prize table twice (the top people 3 times) and everyone also got to go thru the lower prize table once. Plus everyone got some discount coupons, a TTO D-6 from Chessex, Deck Box from Ultra-Pro
and TTO IV t-shirts were avalable for $10 ( profits go to next years prize table )

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Geez. I'm really upset that there were that many awesome prizes, and Iowa didn't even place top 10. Heck, we didn't even make ELEVEN!!! I'm thinking that if I would have been there, Spider would have ended up taking out his wrath on me, and got different match-ups for being +540 more (yeah, I'm that bad. ) and ended up beating Matthias. Garsh!!
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Geez. I'm really upset that there were that many awesome prizes, and Iowa didn't even place top 10. Heck, we didn't even make ELEVEN!!! I'm thinking that if I would have been there, Spider would have ended up taking out his wrath on me, and got different match-ups for being +540 more (yeah, I'm that bad. ) and ended up beating Matthias. Garsh!!
Now that's funny!! Spider was lucky he didn't have to play me, otherwise he would have had a losing record!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
For what it is worth David placed 7th then it was down to 12th for IOWA. Hey it took SP 4 years before he lost a game at the TTO ( then once he got the hang of it he also lost his second one )

FYI

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events