Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old September 16th, 2007, 12:43 AM

ArcturusII has disabled reputation
I've actually found that when I draft the Zettian Guards with DW9K, I end up putting most of my order markers on the Zetts. 2 attacks per turn with Zettian Targeting is often better than the DW's single attack, especially when they have height.

Another fun maneuver is to engage incoming units with DW9K, then use him as a shield while the Zettian Guards target from range. DW9K has such a high defense that engaged units can be swinging for a while before they get lucky enough to pierce the Deathwalker.

DW9K has synergy with Ornak's Red Flag of Fury, granting him a free turn once per round, which is nice.

Once you accept the fact that Deathwalker 9000 is NOT invincible, and will eventually die just like any other hero, you will find that he is quite worth his 140 points. Just make sure you know what you're doing with the rest of your army
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:47 AM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcturusII
I've actually found that when I draft the Zettian Guards with DW9K, I end up putting most of my order markers on the Zetts. 2 attacks per turn with Zettian Targeting is often better than the DW's single attack, especially when they have height.

Another fun maneuver is to engage incoming units with DW9K, then use him as a shield while the Zettian Guards target from range. DW9K has such a high defense that engaged units can be swinging for a while before they get lucky enough to pierce the Deathwalker.

DW9K has synergy with Ornak's Red Flag of Fury, granting him a free turn once per round, which is nice.

Once you accept the fact that Deathwalker 9000 is NOT invincible, and will eventually die just like any other hero, you will find that he is quite worth his 140 points. Just make sure you know what you're doing with the rest of your army
I have some strategies of my own with DW 9000:

If I have a fortress on the field that is 2 or more stories high (and I most often do), I put DW 9000 on the highest story

this gives him +2 defense against most figures

9+2=ungodly defense

also, I use a strategy mentioned in the guide: If there are a large group of enemies clustered together, I use explosion special attack! this is most effective against the common squads of SotM
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcturusII

I have some strategies of my own with DW 9000:

If I have a fortress on the field that is 2 or more stories high (and I most often do), I put DW 9000 on the highest story

this gives him +2 defense against most figures

9+2=ungodly defense

also, I use a strategy mentioned in the guide: If there are a large group of enemies clustered together, I use explosion special attack! this is most effective against the common squads of SotM
Your opponent will probably figure out that the Marro Drudge and Marro Stingers don't need to be clustered together for any reason. The Marrden Nagrubs, however, tend to stay near their chosen Hivelord.

Old September 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
He can walk over ruins?!?!? I didn't know anyone could walk over ruins! How high are the ruins?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 16th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan
He can walk over ruins?!?!? I didn't know anyone could walk over ruins! How high are the ruins?
The ruins are height 6. If you control the Glyph of Valda, he has Move 7. Six to reach the top, one to step over. It's identical to the rules for walking over walls (Forgotten Forest) or battlements.

Old September 20th, 2007, 07:58 PM

imppious has disabled reputation
If you play many general specific armys you will find that the Zettians boosted by DW9k are the longest ranged units in Utgars army. Outranging anybody in Einar or Jandars armies. This is particularly helpful if either of these armies is defending a castle. Once you setup this trio and start taking free shots at the wall defenders it wont be long before they are forced to come out and fight.
This is still a useful comboa against ullar and vydar even if only to be able to match and return fire from their long range shooters.

Character Sig.
Comming soon.....
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:27 PM
has been BANNED

Zombie Hoard is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Can someone make a reveiw on the Nargrubs and have something other than cower behind a hivelord?
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:20 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
I love DW 9000!
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Hoard
Can someone make a reveiw on the Nargrubs and have something other than cower behind a hivelord?
Hmmm....I'll consider it!

Old September 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
Quote:
Why would one even consider it? Without a hivelord, the Roborats are better than the Nagrubs in every way (except attack, but no one will honestly use the Nagrubs for that alone...).

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Quote:
Why would one even consider it? Without a hivelord, the Roborats are better than the Nagrubs in every way (except attack, but no one will honestly use the Nagrubs for that alone...).
But what about going after ranged units? The Nagrubs climb just as well as the Roborats, and they can actually take out an Aubrien Archer, Arrow Grut, Roman Archer, 4th Mass, or Ashigaru Harquebus with that Attack of 2. Sure, they need a Hivelord to be fully effective, but the Roborats need something on that order of unit also! And they lack bonding.

Old September 21st, 2007, 09:26 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Quote:
But what about going after ranged units? The Nagrubs climb just as well as the Roborats, and they can actually take out an Aubrien Archer, Arrow Grut, Roman Archer, 4th Mass, or Ashigaru Harquebus with that Attack of 2. Sure, they need a Hivelord to be fully effective, but the Roborats need something on that order of unit also! And they lack bonding.
What's the use of bonding if you don't have a warlord along? Also, saying the Rats don't have bonding is silly- they sort of do, considering the immense synergy the get with pratically the majority of units in the game. And plus, won't the Nagrubs, you know, DIE first before they reach the ranged? Sure, they're small, but not small enough to avoid getting slaughtered by some of those units.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles