Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:03 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I haven't played any 2 player Blood Rage games, but I imagine the low number of players (and thus figures) would lead to fewer contested raids. It would be hard to risk figures on a battle the first age at least.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 05:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Two player games of Blood Rage aren't popular here, although some on BGG swear by them! I'd say its generally better with more people. Rising Sun requires a minimum of three, since its a design with a heavy diplomacy component.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Last night at game night I played:

Secret Hitler - We had a 9 player game of this. SH is one of my favorite hidden role games. I was on the Liberal side, and at first, the Fascists got a couple laws passed because as it turned out, the first President was a Fascist, and then the second President drew 3 Fascist cards, of which he could only discard one and had to hand the other 2 to me, as I was the Chancellor. So I didn't have a choice and had to pass the 2nd Fascist law. Then there was a roll on Liberal laws getting passed and at one point when the 3rd Fascist law was passed and I was President, I got to kill someone and took out the first President based on someone's recommendation that got to see his role card. But the guy to my left that got to be President next and was a fellow Liberal, chose Teddy as his Chancellor and Teddy ended up being Hitler and that ended the game with the the Fascists winning. Always good fun!

Pulsar 2849 - A friend brought this and wanted to get it played for the first time, so we had a 4 player game of it. There are way too many things going on to get into detail, but basically it's kind of a space exploration game. There are a lot of paths you can go to get victory points, as there are end game goal tiles you can go for for points at the end of the game, there are certain transmitter tiles you can build to get persistent bonuses, you can get good stuff buy using the tech tree that continues to give more options in each of the 8 rounds, there are pulsars you can discover and claim and things you can set in motion there. And so many more things, including discovering solar systems that give you bonuses. The game has a neat dice drafting mechanic, as the first player rolls 9 dice in a 4 player game and their numbers are placed on the corresponding spaces 1-6. Then there is a way to find the median and you move the marker there, so that when you draft dice to the left of it, you get to move one of 2 markers to a better spot and if you draft a dice to the right, you lose places with one of those 2 markers. So you end up with 2 dice and can do things based on what number the dice are and what certain things require.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:40 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yeah I like Secret Hitler, it's a great game. And I don't really like hidden role games.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 09:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Yeah I like Secret Hitler, it's a great game. And I don't really like hidden role games.
Yeah, I wish I could get my hands on a copy of this. Despite the questionable name (Secret Dictator, maybe?) I really enjoy it.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 23rd, 2018, 09:20 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What the Hitler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:53 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm not a hidden role type myself. I really dislike Werewolf and all those One Night Werewolf, Vampire etc games, though I have played them because it was the consensus for a large group game for a little bit ag game night. I do like Resistance and Avalon Resistance well enough, but Secret Hitler is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I wish I could get my hands on a copy of this. Despite the questionable name (Secret Dictator, maybe?) I really enjoy it.
The SH game my friend Zack has, is the super deluxe set with a fancy wooden box and very awesome component's. He actually had us try the print and play version quite a while ago when he was waiting for this copy. I didn't realize it was hard to find now, as it's been out for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
What the Hitler?
Ever play it Q?

Old January 24th, 2018, 03:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Have now played almost 40 games of Commands & Colors Tricorne: American Revolution, one game of Cry Havoc with the Aftermath expansion, and five of Star Trek Ascendancy with the Borg expansion.

Concentrating right now on playing through 878 Vikings solitaire while waiting on live opponents this week:

Two plays of the core game, one with the Advanced Set Up Option
Two plays (one each) of the two short scenarios
Five plays, each adding two of the ten mini expansions (3 of 5 so far)

Since its a pretty new game, I'm typing up my own FAQ, which I'll publish on bgg after checking more specific discussion there, as well as posting up discussions and Files for this and all of the other games.

Posting to all three Vikings boards there: Core Game, Expansions, and Promo Card Pack (Expansion #10, if you will).

Evaluating which of the expansions can be played together (all?).

So far each side, English and Vikings, have 3 wins each! Excellent.

Pendragon is in the mail from an online vendor.

Rising Sun is now shipping out from the East Coast, and the giant Kickstarter carton has been received from GA to NJ, and west to MI, MO, and AR. Asians and Australians have theirs, 14,000 US recipients are going nuts, and Europeans trying to keep cool and wait longer.

Big Trouble In Little China is now being printed in Germany rather than China to speed up the delivery of the delayed special Gold Box Preorder version. Currently expected perhaps in March!

And the-the, the-the, that's all, folks!
Old January 28th, 2018, 01:50 AM

Anyone in or near the NYC area can give me a PM if you'd like to try Rising Sun. Even though it hasn't arrived here yet, it is expected any day now, and we are already organizing on Bgg to play together when it does!
Old January 28th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Looks like my buddy Zack got his copy of Rising Sun, so guess what I'll be playing tomorrow night?

Old January 28th, 2018, 08:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I still have not even received an e-mail update from Kickstarter. Perhaps it is regional and the midwest will be up next.
Old January 28th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I still have not even received an e-mail update from Kickstarter. Perhaps it is regional and the midwest will be up next.
I'm not a backer but I see people sharing that they received theirs before the email update arrived. Be patient, and prepare storage space. Have fun with your new toys!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games