Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 4th, 2022, 11:26 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jimmy Woo (VOTE for Testing)

This passes

Thanks, folks!
Old April 21st, 2022, 12:10 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jimmy Woo (Public Testing)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Jimmy Woo

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 140-150?
- Give a brief overview. Agents started out strong here and wounded Hawkwoman early but then Ollie laid on the hurt and turned the tide in a big way for the Justice League. Never got a chance or had a reason to remove an Investment marker this game. Widow ended with a vengeance but it was not enough to end Wonder Woman.
Map: Maggia Dropsite
Units: Jimmy Woo, Hawkeye I, Ninjak, Black Widow (Avengers), Winter Soldier (Team Up) (1,000) vs Black Canary (JL), Green Arrow (JL), WonderWoman (JL), Hawkwoman (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 150
- Give a brief overview. This seemed solid. Dugan was a great choice here as he really handled the Invaders well but I did get to use an Investment Marker to heal Spider-Woman before Jimmy was taken out (did replay the round where Spider-Woman died with OM "1" on Brand instead of Jimmy as Jimmy was destroyed on T1 having essentially done little and they faired slightly better as a result). and then Brand let Wolverine bond with Dugan till Dugan finally fell at which point Wolverine just left Brand a sitting duck till Annihilus used the Rod to finish her off at which point it became a game of cat and mouse that Wolverine just could not win on his own.
Map: Maggia Dropsite
Units: Jimmy Woo, Dum Dum Dugan, Spider-Woman I, Abigail Brand, Wolverine I (900) vs Annihilus, 3xArthrian Invaders (900)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Jimmy isn't overpowering and seems about right. He's definitely draftable but I could see him coming down a bit but he seemed fine at 150.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Jimmy has some neat tricks but I didn't really have much opportunity in these games to use the investment markers as he either fell to fast or it just never came up before he fell. I do like pairing him with Dum Dum as he like that defense subtraction though he does make the 3rd option less impactful while he survives but using someone to get in some early wounds and then following up with Dugan from height was solid. Overall I like what Jimmy brings to the table and I'm sure he will get better as his faction gets fleshed out more.
Old April 21st, 2022, 06:53 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

GAME 1:
Round 2, The agents went from full health to Winter Soldier, Hawkeye and Agent Woo all destroyed, so he never got to use his Investment Markers. His need to be within 6 LOS spaces put him too close to the action for the high offense and mobility of the JL. The two turns and Defense reduction Woo Granted put Hawkwoman on the ropes, however.

GAME 2:
Although the results show a crushing defeat by Annihilus and the Arthurians, that’s only because I turtled his health and Arthurians back in an extremely slow and not fun way. Round 2 Turn 2, the Agents had gotten Annihilus to 6 of 7 wounds, and I was down to 4 Invaders, so he had swear revenge and retreat. In Annihilus’ defense, he and the Arthurians are all Melee, and no Special Attacks, or powers other than the Rod, so he had to be the evil villain he is if he wanted to win.
So, actually a good showing for the Agents, and they could be considered the ethical victor.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Costwise he’s somewhat reminiscent of Black Mask (II) at 150, with similar, probably better, bonding. With his defense, he’ll go down quick to anyone, so I second an earlier comment that he’s a good Vehicle candidate. Extra height from a mech will help with LOS, which is one of his biggest weaknesses.
Solid choice for Agent builds.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Tough to say exactly what his price should be, but I like the idea of him with Gorilla-Man, Namora, M-11, Venus, and Marvel Boy (aka The Uranian) for 1000. I’ll hold off on saying what he should cost until then.

I almost think Woo shouldn’t need LOS on his Agents, since I tend to think of Agents as talking into their earpieces, shirt collars, or watches. But the restriction creates gameplay choices, so I don’t mind it. The first power is going to be great for pulling Agents back into his LOS range anyway, so it’s probably best to keep the LOS requirement. Especially if his go-to team is going to surround him with 5 other figures.

I really like how he can accelerate M-11’s Restoration, and it would be cool if his Investment Marker actions were things that were similarly extra-beneficial to the Atlas Foundation build.

Agents in general don’t struggle with taking LEAs, but that specific team might, so maybe keep the 3rd option the way it is if they do, or maybe make it something more enticing for Agents in general. Not familiar with the comics, but based on your comments and the bios, I love the theme of the “considered Criminals” part.
Old April 21st, 2022, 07:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Dugan was a great choice here as he really handled the Invaders well
Doesn't seem like he handled em that well.

Sounds like a generally positive review, but he's not lighting the world on fire strength-wise. Which is maybe fine with more in-faction pieces to tackle down the line, but some soft help like dropping clear sight/10 point drop might be reasonable?

I do think the Atlas team is much less of a conventional sneaky Agent team and they're more apt to have figures that take LEAs, yea.
Old April 21st, 2022, 08:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

It's more that Toy out strategized me with running away but Dugan definitely had them on the ropes. Down to just a single Invader and Annihilus had just one or 2 life left when he started just flying around the map.

I could dig either of those changes. Slight preference for dropping the clear sight.
Old April 24th, 2022, 08:50 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Jimmy Woo

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: 800 pts – Jimmy Woo, Scorpion 120, War Machine 260, Iron Man Stealth Suit 270 VS 800 pts – Masahiro Arashi, Electra, Gamora 310, Elite League Assassins
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: 900 pts - Jimmy Woo, Commander Rogers, War Machine 260, Black Widow 230 VS 900 pts - Bloodshot, Lady Deathstrike, Nebula, Donald Ferguson
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 150 feels a little low, his Agents of Atlas power is quite strong. He's great in Agent builds. Might be the best order marker hub of the faction.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Jimmy Woo adds lots of flexibility to the Agent faction. Being about to take two turns with Agents is huge. Being able to reduce the defense of a figure that was already attacked is also a pretty strong power. His Atlas marker power is okay. The ability to heal is really nice, as is the power to move a figure either out of trouble and next to Woo and if a figure is out of position you can get him in a better spot. The third option I don't quite get but I'm sure it's there for thematic reasons. I've always liked the idea of playing the Agents and having another option outside of Nick Fury as a leader is great. Even though he went 0-2, I do feel a bump in cost is needed. Being able to take to full turns with two figures other than Woo is huge for 150, even if the Agents are currently a super strong faction.
Old April 24th, 2022, 10:35 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

One thing I’ll note as wanting to see before this design wraps up - You can hide Woo in the back of a non-Agent build and get a slow but consistent healer. Woo, Avengers Hulk, and Bruce Banner is only 670 and seems like it has some real potential, for example.
Old April 24th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Or stick him in a Gundam and get a slow, consistent healer that also punches you in the face.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2022, 10:03 PM
Symbiotic

Thanks Eric! Raising the cost on him after losing every single test not run against the Dark Judges is kind of a hard sell for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
One thing I’ll note as wanting to see before this design wraps up - You can hide Woo in the back of a non-Agent build and get a slow but consistent healer. Woo, Avengers Hulk, and Bruce Banner is only 670 and seems like it has some real potential, for example.
That a sign-up?
Old May 20th, 2022, 10:27 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Jimmy Woo

Units: Jimmy Woo (150), Quake (165), Medusa (370), Jemma Simmons (85), Leo Fitz (65), Chun-Li (150), Skrull (10) (995) Vs. Spider-Man (Otto), Spider-Man (Assassin), Ghost-Spider, Spider-Man (Miles I), Spider-Man (Transformers) (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Otto with 4 wounds, Gwen with 2 wounds, Assassin Spidey.

Units: Jimmy Woo (150), Hulk (Avengers) (450), Bruce Banner (70), Scarlet Witch (330) Wasp (160) Spider-Cat (40) (1200) Vs. Batman (Bat-Family) (270), Catwoman (170), Harley Quinn (160), Huntress (170), Robin Tim (120), Oracle (110) Black Bat (200) (1200)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Batman with 4 wounds, Catwoman with 3 wounds, Harley Quinn with 3 wounds, Huntress with 3 wounds, Black Bat with 2 wounds, Oracle.

Thoughts on the tested unit’s cost, balance, & draftability:
Jimmy Woo is a great leader and general supporter. As an Agent leader, I think he’s on par with Nick Fury and Coulson, debatably the best of the bunch. However I think his big weakness lies in the range limit on his bonding, requiring some protection or careful position compared to the others who can either sit in start zones or at least hide behind cover.

First game he didn’t see much use due to the Spiders having superior mobility and able to get to him quick. That said his effects were in play often, healing Medusa twice and Chun-Li making use of the defense debuff with her double attack with movement. This team aimed to maximise its shutdown potential with Medusa, Quake, and Simmons, but ultimately got a lot of bad rolls.

Second game had a very strong showing. As a generalist healer in this game he definitely served his purpose, keeping Hulk alive for a long time. My aim this game was to use him in conjunction with Wasp. As written, if Wasp is Hulk’s rival, she can sting Bruce for 1 damage, forcing the Hulk switch, and then because his rival inflicted a wound on a figure (being Bruce, there’s no restriction), you can use the X to then take his turn. As Jimmy is currently worded, he can actually heal that single wound off of Bruce whilst off the board, which could make this combo even more dangerous (though I didn’t get that this game). Ultimately though, I think this combo of Jimmy, Wasp, Bruce, and Hulk is made potentially problematic because of the wording on Hulk and Bruce, neither having restrictions regarding wounds inflicted on them or by their rival. He actually got a lot more use this game due to SW and Hulk stalling the Bat-Family, but ultimately they still won, even if almost everyone was on their last life or two.

Looking at the rest of the feedback, I don’t think he needs a point increase. Direct comparison to Coulson makes him feel like a direct upgrade, but I also can’t see you getting full use out of both powers at the same time. He’s likely to get targeted fast in an Agent build, but sitting in your backlines for pure healing and extraction means you’re likely not running him in an Agents build. To me he seems fine, and I’d probably get rid of the clear sight requirement. Coulson, Fury, nor Cecil have it, so almost for consistency sake I’d take it off here too. Not knowing the character, Agents of Atlas, or what’s thematic for them, I think he’s perfectly fine as is. He lost both games, but he got his worth in both I feel.

General thoughts on the tested unit:
Very very fun and nice to see more Agent leaders. I really enjoy flexibility in factions like this, where there are multiple options for leaders, scenario and teammate depending. I think clear sight requirement is fine but can be changed if others think he needs adjusting. I also think potentially the healing should be adjusted to figures you control on the battlefield / this battlefield? As I’m reading it he can heal figures that are alive but not on the board, but if I’m wrong there please correct me. Really enjoy what he brings though, I like his slight generalist nature a lot, and will be using him alongside White Canary sometime!
Old May 20th, 2022, 11:55 AM
Symbiotic

Thanks for the tests!

He's definitely meant to be able to heal figures that aren't on the battlefield - intentional bit of synergy with Human Robot.

Went ahead and dropped the clear sight requirement from his leadership since the consensus seems against it. Ready to move forward here, mostly debating dropping his points a hair - I'm fine if he has a slightly inflated cost since he's got more factional buddies to come, but I suspect he might still be a bit high right now even so.

I'll make a proposal after work, so if anyone's got strong feelings about it, chime in today or at any point in the last few weeks.
Old May 20th, 2022, 12:27 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That makes a lot of sense then, cool synergy!

Not a strong feeling either way, but personally I don't think a point drop is really needed? I feel Woo is pretty similar to Coulson who's at 190 with similar bonding and the same stats. He certainly seemed to pull his weight in my games. The bonding, defense drops, and the investment stuff gives him a lot to work with. I also think he's the best Agent leader now unless you want to run Shield Agents. 150 seems fine to me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library