Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old August 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Is Sony finally doing something right? PS3 Slim is here.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10312144-1.html

It does look ugly as heck, but it may be a good move.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Is Sony finally doing something right? PS3 Slim is here

It's cheap as hell. I sold my PS3 for the Slim... Should be pretty awesome.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It uses less power, 100 bucks cheaper, but still no backwards compatibility.

EDIT: And wow....they still aren't making money off the console itself.

Quote:
The hardware business is not a profitable business. Don't believe us, just ask Sony.

When the original PS3 launched, Sony bled money on each PS3 sold. But the manufacturing process improved, and Sony was able to close the gap.

Just as that started to happen, the company is now launching a new hardware iteration. New hardware means new costs. When The Times asked Sony exec Kaz Hirai if Sony was losing money on the PS3 Slim, the exec said this:

If you're just talking about the hardware alone, the quick answer is yes. That makes good headlines, but I don't actually know that that's the true nature of the business that we're all in, whether it's PlayStation, Xbox or the Wii. I think the better indicator is to look at the business as a whole platform, to ask: are you profitable in terms of the hardware, software and peripherals. And the answer to that question is yes on a gross profit level since the last fiscal year.

So the small picture is that the PS3 Slim is not profitable, but the big picture is that PS hardware, games and peripherals are.

Oh, and thanks for the headline, Kaz!
I think it's nicer looking now, though it's a ripoff that you have to buy a stand to make it stand up.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:51 AM

starsandstripes Woo who?

I am now actually considering a playstation 3 instead of an Xbox 360

why does everyone hate me?
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What are you wanting? The Xbox Elite is dropping to $300 also.

What features and games do you want, because exclusives are a pain as both systems have really good ones, though I prefer the Xbox's to the PS3(No Mass Effect? No thank you).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:11 AM

starsandstripes Woo who?

I live in japan so I can buy map packs and other stuff for games but not for xbox cuz it won't work here also the online is free

why does everyone hate me?
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Dr Feelgood

Why won't the Xbox work in Japan? Xbox live functioned everywhere as far as I knew, but I could be completely wrong on that.

You get superior matchmaking for online games and better online performance with the Xbox, but PS3 gets theirs for free.

One thing I am praying for with the PS3 price drops is the making of Live free. Unlikely but I can hope.

Old August 25th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

Coming from a person who owns a PS3 and a 360, the slim is too little, too late.

PS3 is weak compared to 360, and I don't think tha thos move will be what helps them.

They just need better exclusives, because every multi-platform game that is released I buy on 360.

Also, MGS4 was a waste of time.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Dr Feelgood

Xbox is still the most played daily, though at least Sony is close.

Wii is below the Gamecube, last I checked which is sad and let's you know who is buying the bulk of them (parents, not kids). It just needs more good mainstream games and it will be fine.

Old August 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Coming from a person who owns a PS3 and a 360, the slim is too little, too late.

PS3 is weak compared to 360, and I don't think tha thos move will be what helps them.

They just need better exclusives, because every multi-platform game that is released I buy on 360.

Also, MGS4 was a waste of time.
MGS4 is in my top 5 games of all time. Sony's exclusives seem more thought out and put together better and with more innovation. I have a Wii, 360, Gaming PC, and PS3. The 360 only sees time when I am playing Nazi Zombies since all my friends have 360s. Outside of that, it's PS3 all the way.

Old August 25th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

MGS4 just seemed like a looooooong movie with a little game play thrown in. I haven't liked that series since the release of MGS2, the games just try to be bigger and "deeper", but that just translates into long and boring to me.

What other PS3 games are your favorites? I really liked Infamous, I thought it was a good mix between GTA and Crackdown, and that is cool by me. I just like the bigger controller and button mapping on 360. All of the shooters I have played on PS3 DO NOT use that giant right trigger as the shooting button. Lame. also those thumb sticks aren't in good positions to use.

I was a sony fanboy, I bought XBOX for DOA3, and I've been loving MS ever since.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old August 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
MGS4 just seemed like a looooooong movie with a little game play thrown in. I haven't liked that series since the release of MGS2, the games just try to be bigger and "deeper", but that just translates into long and boring to me.

What other PS3 games are your favorites? I really liked Infamous, I thought it was a good mix between GTA and Crackdown, and that is cool by me. I just like the bigger controller and button mapping on 360. All of the shooters I have played on PS3 DO NOT use that giant right trigger as the shooting button. Lame. also those thumb sticks aren't in good positions to use.

I was a sony fanboy, I bought XBOX for DOA3, and I've been loving MS ever since.

I don't play many shooters so I never noticed. I like Uncharted, and Little Big Planet is a great party game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games