Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 30th, 2006, 02:23 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Khosumet needs Unleased Fury.
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:30 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Bonding would help but he still has his uses. I use him like Su Bak Na and keep him in the back of the Map using his +1's. WHen using multiple squads not only does he give you a 10% chance at the Fury and eliminate the destruction, but also will likely a few times give you the + 1 to your roll that get you to the next power boost. Getting an attack with 3 figures at 4 instead of 3 dice can be a Huge difference. Similarly having 3 wolves get boosted up to 5 attack with his +1 over 4 attack is a Huge difference. Just getting boosted to that next level 1-2 times per game could make him worth his cost
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:46 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I agree with Jason on this one. Without the Darklord the Wolves average a 3.55 dice attack. With the Darklord 3.95. While this might not seem like a big leap it becomes considerable when you are talking 3 or more army cards. This is addition to the fact that the 5% chance of them going 'poof' goes away completely. Another way to look at the enhancement is that with the Darklord you have double the chance of rolling the monstrous 9 dice attack, which is the main feature people use the Anubian Wolves in the first place.

Another point to ponder is why would you ever want the Darklord at the front line when that is what you have the Dumeter Guards for.

400 point Wolf Horde
Darklord
3 Anubian Wolves
4 Dumetef Guard

Admittedly I would never play this in a tournament due to lack of ranged but it sure would be fun to play with a group.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:09 AM

Guerillinator has disabled reputation
Khosumet

I haven't used Khosumet and the Anubians as much now that the new units are out, but I used to like to take Khosumet with two or three sets of Anubian wolves. When I got close to the opposition, I would move in attack if I got a decent d-20 roll. Otherwise, I might just move one wolf in to tie up a figure and then more of my other wolves up from the back. This way, if a 2 attack die roll was not successful, I typically wouldn't lose more than one wolf the next turn. And if I got a good roll, I could swarm. I was able to use this to defeat Charros one time and only lost three wolves in the process. So although I agree that Khosumet is lacking, the wolves can be effective, especially if you have more than one group and are willing to place most or all of your turn markers on them once they get close to the enemy. If concerned about an opposition's use of range, you try taking out the range first and holding the wolf-army back, or try to send out a squad with high defense-liek Sentinels, Minions, Samuraii, to engage the opposition while the wolves comes in right behind them. Typically, however, I would wait to draft the wolves after seeing if my opponent was spending a lot of his points up early by taking non-ranged figures.

One in a million chances tend to come up nine times out of ten.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:30 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Khosumet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillinator
I haven't used Khosumet and the Anubians as much now that the new units are out, but I used to like to take Khosumet with two or three sets of Anubian wolves. When I got close to the opposition, I would move in attack if I got a decent d-20 roll. Otherwise, I might just move one wolf in to tie up a figure and then more of my other wolves up from the back. This way, if a 2 attack die roll was not successful, I typically wouldn't lose more than one wolf the next turn. And if I got a good roll, I could swarm. I was able to use this to defeat Charros one time and only lost three wolves in the process. So although I agree that Khosumet is lacking, the wolves can be effective, especially if you have more than one group and are willing to place most or all of your turn markers on them once they get close to the enemy. If concerned about an opposition's use of range, you try taking out the range first and holding the wolf-army back, or try to send out a squad with high defense-liek Sentinels, Minions, Samuraii, to engage the opposition while the wolves comes in right behind them. Typically, however, I would wait to draft the wolves after seeing if my opponent was spending a lot of his points up early by taking non-ranged figures.
....This must be who I think it is.....

Old July 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
////
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Marsman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey_snake
Khosumet needs Unleased Fury.
The perfect fix. Think about it.

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM

Earl of Preston Woo who?
Re: Fixing Anubian Wolves/Khosumet

I just recently used these guys and an interesting suggestion was brought up. Why don't the Anubians have a werewolf ability similar to Zombies Rise Again. Something like:

Bite of the Wolf

If an Anubian Wolf that you control destroys an opponents small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Anubian Wolves. Newly placed Anubian Wolves cannot attack this turn. Undead and Soulborgs are not affected by Bite of the Wolf.

I imagine this could affect their cost, but it would seem to encourage their use more.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Preston View Post
I just recently used these guys and an interesting suggestion was brought up. Why don't the Anubians have a werewolf ability similar to Zombies Rise Again. Something like:

Bite of the Wolf

If an Anubian Wolf that you control destroys an opponents small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Anubian Wolves. Newly placed Anubian Wolves cannot attack this turn. Undead and Soulborgs are not affected by Bite of the Wolf.

I imagine this could affect their cost, but it would seem to encourage their use more.
Actually, that's an awesome idea! You'd have to up their cost to about 90 or 100, but it would be cool!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Earl of Preston Woo who?

If anything, I think you could at least give Bite of the Wolf to Khosumet to get him some additional play.
Old March 7th, 2009, 01:35 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

its easy to fix him, just send him to the vet. snip snip, no more off spring.
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

What I don't really like about the Wolf army right now is the necessity you feel to play them altogether. If you play the Badru, you want Khosumet to bond. If you play Khosumet, you want the Anubians for Unleashed Fury (plus, Khosumet is a stinking cream-puff). Once you include a couple squads of each, your army is about done.

Badru x2 - 160
Anubians x2 - 310
Khosumet - 385

I guess at 600, maybe Nilfheim could help? Or maybe another squad of Anubians and Raelin at 540? I just can't find a way to make the wolves competitive in their current state.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units