Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old May 5th, 2014, 11:40 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Holocron of FX-7 (Public Design)

I think that changing position after they have placed is too unbalanced. If you can do that, then you can pod up where you want to per round and deny your opponent the opportunity to use it. I think placing once per game is the only way we should do it.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:04 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
I think that changing position after they have placed is too unbalanced. If you can do that, then you can pod up where you want to per round and deny your opponent the opportunity to use it. I think placing once per game is the only way we should do it.
Hmm, that was my intent. Apparently I didn't word it very well. I did mean that once it/they are placed they can't be moved by you. (theracus, burnak, force push, tactical switch, how would they be handled?)
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If they're inherently immobile they shouldn't be able to move of their own volition but should be movable by others - towed by another figure, knocked around by Force powers, and so forth. I'd tack some sort of "FX-7 cannot move" bit onto that first power there.

Might I also suggest making them Common Heroes? There's no real reason to ever put an Order Marker on them, but at the same token it could get rather confusing if you draft a bunch and have to track which are wounded and all that... I think they'd play better if you pump up their Defense to ~5 and make them 1 Life Common Heroes.
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

As is, Forward Positioning can be broken in some maps/scenarios because of the "anywhere" mention. It's seems better for me to say "on any empty space on the battlefield".
Furthermore, it could be interesting -for theme- to limit its positioning, because for now you can place it just in front of the start zone of your opponent (to slowdown your enemy? Deny an access ?) forcing him to strange moves... I'm thinking aboutsomething like : "...you can place FX-7 Medical Droid on any empty space within xx (10? 12?) clear sight space of a figure on your start zone."

The medical bonding is still on ? I can't see how the 2nd power could do it as someone explained it...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:44 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
As is, Forward Positioning can be broken in some maps/scenarios because of the "anywhere" mention. It's seems better for me to say "on any empty space on the battlefield".
Furthermore, it could be interesting -for theme- to limit its positioning, because for now you can place it just in front of the start zone of your opponent (to slowdown your enemy? Deny an access ?) forcing him to strange moves... I'm thinking aboutsomething like : "...you can place FX-7 Medical Droid on any empty space within xx (10? 12?) clear sight space of a figure on your start zone."

The medical bonding is still on ? I can't see how the 2nd power could do it as someone explained it...
Yeah, my mistake. I've been tired from volunteering the last few days.

Edit: where do you see medical bonding danielloche? I don't see it.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 5th, 2014, 01:26 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
If they're inherently immobile they shouldn't be able to move of their own volition but should be movable by others - towed by another figure, knocked around by Force powers, and so forth. I'd tack some sort of "FX-7 cannot move" bit onto that first power there.

Might I also suggest making them Common Heroes? There's no real reason to ever put an Order Marker on them, but at the same token it could get rather confusing if you draft a bunch and have to track which are wounded and all that... I think they'd play better if you pump up their Defense to ~5 and make them 1 Life Common Heroes.
I agree that they should be movable by Force Push, etc.

I also agree that they should be Common Heroes. I don't want to track wounds on a figure that will never be activated.
Old May 5th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
NAME OF POWER
After revealing an Order Marker on any Army Card you control, you may remove one wound from a Unique Hero you control adjacent to this FX-7.
This actually kinda keeps the bonding with Medics because you can reveal an OM on a Medic, heal a friendly Hero adjacent to the FX-7, and then move the Medic to heal the same (or another) Hero.
Notably, here.

Edit : oh well, at least I just understood how there is still a kind of bonding... I hadn't catched up before. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 5th, 2014, 02:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Some good ideas and points being made. I like Johnnys' idea of a common hero with better defense, only one card to deal with and easier to knock out of commission since you only need to slip 1W past the defense. The 1 & 2 attack squads we have would be happy about that.

Going in that direction makes 'dropping' them in at the start of any round rather then only at the start of the game makes more sense. If you were forced to drop them in at the start of the game only, I think they would get destroyed often before you could make use of them. You could also then take multiples of the common here and drop one in at the start of several different rounds as needed.

The any round drop would work best with an end of round only healing power then. That way once you drop one in, your opponent has 3OM to try and destroy it before it starts healing up everyone. Not sure if it should drop in before or after OMs are placed though. Should your opponent know it is on the board before placing OM for the round or get surprised by the drop and have to try and react with the OMs already placed?
Old May 5th, 2014, 02:14 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I like the any round drop with end of round healing. I would go with drop before OM's, like the AE.
Old May 5th, 2014, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

How about something along these lines?

FX-7
Independent

Droid
Common Hero
Medical
Precise
MEDIUM 5

Life 1
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 4/5?
Points 30?

FORWARD POSITIONING
FX-7 does not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of any round, before placing Order Markers, you may place this FX-7 on any empty space on the battlefield within 7 spaces of a figure you control.

MEDICAL ASSISTANT
At the end of each round, any Unique Hero adjacent to this FX-7 that is not a Droid, Vehicle, or Weapon may roll the twenty sided die. On a roll of 8 or higher, remove 1 wound marker from that figures card. If a friendly figure with the class of medical, medic, or healer is within 2 clear sight spaces of this FX-7 you may add 4 to the roll. Only roll once per round for each figure.

---------------------------------------------------
Allows for the potential of healing for multiple figures without the need to reveal an OM, both yours and your opponents. 8+ is pretty good to start with, having a medic on your team can boost that up to 4+ while still leaving it at 8+ for your opponent.
Old May 5th, 2014, 02:29 PM

If we are going with a Common Hero, then we need to remove references to "this FX-7."

Also need to decide about how many can be placed at each round: one? up to two? up to three? etc.

Medical Assistant would need language to address stacking: ...any Unique Hero adjacent to at least one FX-7 that is not a Droid...
Old May 5th, 2014, 02:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Had not thought about limiting the number placed each round. Do you think dropping 3 of them in at once would be too good then?

The 'only roll once per figure each round' was my attempt to deal with stacking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape