Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 13th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Now we're talking. The extended balcony and catwalk pieces are freaking awesome. I'm loving the stair cases as well. You'll do battle proud on those for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yeah, that is a sick set-up. Super jealous.
Wait until I get the rest of the stuff built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
"Darth Vader slices down a street light pole and Force Throws it at Luke"

"OK, roll a d20"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
"Darth Vader slices down a street light pole and Force Throws it at Luke"

"OK, roll a d20"
Vader rolls a 1. Has to lick the frozen streetlamp and gets his tongue stuck to it. The rebels throw snowballs at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Which soothe his bacon-charred body. Vader gains 1 Life back.
You guys are funny

I do have Vader equipped with a Saber Throw upgrade card, so he can have a ranged weapon with his light saber. He can throw it up to 12 inches and use the force to retrieve it

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 17th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I taught a couple friends to play Star Wars Legion at our group's all day (11am-11pm, and I was there from 11-10:30) game day on Saturday. I had enough painted of both sides so that I was able to set them up with 602 points each, between units and upgrade cards. Standard games are 800 points each.

The scenario, between the deployment card, condition card and objective card was pretty basic. There were clear conditions, the starting zones were within 6 inches of the long edge of a 6x3 board, but since I have a 6x4 setup, the deployment was from 6-12 inches from the long edges. There were three objective tokens, one in the very center and one on each side of it, halfway to each short side of the table. They are supposed to be communications devices of some sort and the objective is Intercept the Transmissions. So the game goes 6 rounds and there are 3 scoring rounds, at the end of 2, 4 and 6. The player with the majority of troop leaders (either a squad leader or character like Luke, Leia or Vader) within 6 inches of an objective token at the end of round 2 and 4, get one VP. So it was 2-2 at the end of 2nd round as each had majority of one token and were tied for the third (this could have been a wash and no VPs given out, but I did anyway). At the end of round 4, Decatur controlled 2 tokens and Steve controlled 1, so the score was now 4-3. At the end of round 6, you get 2 VP's instead of 1 for controlling tokens. Decatur (with the Rebels) controlled 2 and Steve controlled 1. So final score was 8-5.

Definitely a lot more going on in the full game than in the learning game. Getting to use the characters' command cards is cool, as they have neat abilities. Getting more upgrade cards is great. And adding the rules for suppression was huge, as while you have some means to try to get rid of suppression, if you still are suppressed at the start of that unit's turn, you roll 1 white defense die for each suppression token. If you roll a shield or surge symbol (only 1 of each on this die), you remove 1 suppression for each rolled. If you are still suppressed (suppression tokens equal or greater than the unit's courage value), then you lose one action that turn with them.

Here's some pictures from that game.

Sunday morning, I dry assembled this barracks building from Warsenal, part of the set with all the walkways, octagon, pillboxes etc. This one was tricky, as some parts only go in a certain way and in a certain order, where you have to work two pieces together from different angles at the same time on occasion. That's why I dry fit these kits first, so that I find out how I have to go about it when gluing it. But considering how many pieces this kit is, it's a testament as to how precise these kits are, for it to be assembled without glue and be pretty sturdy. This one will be tricky to paint, as I will likely have to paint the underside area (garage I guess) before assembling, as it will be tough to reach in there otherwise and I don't have an airbrush.

Later Sunday and a little before and after work over the past couple days, I finished my AT-ST for Star Wars Legion. I had it assembled, based and primed for awhile, but nervous about finally painting it. But I was motivated by Saturday's game I taught, so I took up the challenge. I went with a weathered look, as if its been through a lot of action. I did find out from the Legion FB page, that I assembled the legs wrong, but not a big deal. Basically, the front fender/shield looking thing is supposed to be curving under that joint instead of over it. Those horizontal pieces should have been on the opposite legs and flipped over. But it's not a big deal, and I theme it out that this was a Mark I version and the legs were redone on the Mark II version

The unit card for the AT-ST and the upgrades you can add to it. All of these be added, though only one of the two to the right of it. So either the Long Range Com Link or Comms Jammer

Edit: I had the main gun upside down when I snapped it back in after priming. It's flipped over now. Good thing I didn't glue that weapon

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; July 17th, 2018 at 10:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures