Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 13th, 2019, 02:33 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [AotV] UNIT NAME (Lantern Geists) - Pod 0 - Design

If that’s the case I’d like to give them at least some decent attacking capabilities.

6/4/3/5 maybe.
Old May 13th, 2019, 03:36 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't think they really need decent attacking potential with a power like Dying Lights, but two attacks of 3 is hardly stellar anyway.

I see them as falling more into the role of the Izumi Samurai than as an all-around performer. Your opponent won't want to kill them already, so you can use them to tie down some important figures and fill out their points as-is.
Old May 13th, 2019, 03:49 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not a fan of a ranged attack for these guys, but I like the beefier stats. My main concern is more of a thematic one—while I like the idea of putting these guys in Jandar, a vengeful auto-destroy or autowound power seems a bit outside his wheelhouse. I also think them being able to haunt any unique figure on the battlefield is a little much. Here’s my revised version:

Dying Lights
When a Geist is destroyed by an opponent’s attack, instead of removing it from the battlefield normally, you may place it on the army card of any opponent’s figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Whenever an opponent reveals an order marker on an army card with one of your Geist figures, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, that player must choose a figure from that card to receive a wound.

Maybe a bit too overcomplicated and conditional, but it addresses my mechanical concerns at least. For thematic ones, I’ll have to think more about how to get these guys to read as Jandar.
Old May 13th, 2019, 04:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The idea of them being Jandar is because they’re supposed to help guide things into the afterlife, similar to some portrayals of the Grim Reaper or of mythological Valkyrie. Because on Valhalla being guided into death is not a bad thing (since it’s Valhalla), Jandar opens up as a legit option. Or at least, that was my original take on them.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 13th, 2019, 06:20 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

With stealth flying, that version of dying lights is effectively very similar. They’ll be able to get most anyplace they want to haunt whoever. That said, I think d20 to wound is a valid option, though the theme of the auto-destroy is really good.
Old May 13th, 2019, 06:23 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
With stealth flying, that version of dying lights is effectively very similar. They’ll be able to get most anyplace they want to haunt whoever. That said, I think d20 to wound is a valid option, though the theme of the auto-destroy is really good.
I'll admit that my design philosophy tends to prefer a more consistent, widely useful version of a power to a more splashy and swingy one, and those are the reasons I prefer the autowound--easier to evaluate and cost, can be effective against any figure, ect. I can't argue that it's strictly the correct direction, though.

EDIT: and at the very least, a range restriction requires them to get in the intended figure's way rather than just any figure. We could also reconfigure it to make them haunt the unit that destroys them, although that might be hitting an unintended vengeful theme.
Old May 13th, 2019, 06:34 PM

I don’t know if we can do “the figure that destroyed it” because (from what I’ve seen of the editors) there’s some side cases where re source of any damage is unclear. I’m sure Scytale could say more.
Old May 13th, 2019, 06:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I don’t know if we can do “the figure that destroyed it” because (from what I’ve seen of the editors) there’s some side cases where re source of any damage is unclear. I’m sure Scytale could say more.
We can always have it only work vs Normal Attacks, but again that starts to feel more like vengeance than at least I was intending.

Regarding autohits vs autokills, I was thinking this would be one (if not the only) units that’s similar to NGS. Comparable combat utility paired with a power that might come into play once in a while. It’s fun, swingy, and unique.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 13th, 2019, 07:52 PM

A NGS comparison is a good one, actually.
Old May 14th, 2019, 09:49 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I like the Izumi/NGS analogies and had been thinking along those lines, too: something defensive oriented but with one impactful power (give or take Stealth Flying or whatever). I don't think they should have range or big stats. As a 2-figure Squad, let them be cheap except whatever cost their power drives.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 16th, 2019, 02:17 PM

Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Lantern Geists) - Design

I can live with that.
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:09 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Lantern Geists) - Design

What about Levitation from the Sentinels of Grax instead of Stealth Flying?

Quote:
Sentinels of Grax do not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs