Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I need Warhammer jokes!

Ok folks, help me out here. We all know that "serious" gamers like Warhammer players make fun of Heroscape. Well this weekend I might be having a Warhammer player coming over to try out our baby.

So, in preparation, any good jokes everybody? Sarcasm and cruelty is allowed.

He seems to be a decent guy, but then again he is a Warhammer-er. (See, even the name is funny.)
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I need Warhammer jokes!

I know this is 40k, but still too good to pass up

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdll...071_90cb0f6456
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I actually would not do or say anything unless he starts making comments on his own about how great Warhammer is or how simple Heroscape is. Once he reveals himself to be a GW snob, then tell him you came prepared for him and go into the other room.

When you return, have a jar full of quarters and dollar bills with a label on it that says Hasbro/GW tax, a tape measure, and an encyclopedia (or other thick book) with a new cover on it that says Heroscape Rules. Those 3 items should make him like the game more.

Inform him that every time he rolls a skull he must throw a quarter in the jar so that Hasbro can gouge him just as much as GW does. After counting out spaces for movement or a ranged attack, pull out the tape measure and then measure the same distance you just counted hexes for. Any time he wants to use a special power, grab the fake rule book and pretend to flip through it for 5 minutes before telling him that he can't use that special power after all because it is not accurately represented on the miniature figure he is using. If he'd like to use that special power the next time you play he will need to modify the unit accordingly.
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Make sure you print out this:

Look at it frequently and write down long, complicated equations using a calculator and notepad. If he asks what it means just stare at him like he's an idiot.

Sock is one week away from retirement, in
THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:21 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If your friend is bringing his own figures, you could tell him that they aren't painted to Heroscape standards, and thus can't be used.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:43 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post

That was hilarious! Sums up my feelings on exactly what is wrong with the 40k game. Advanced, futuristic, high-tech weaponry, but it's better to run up to someone and punch them in the face.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post

That was hilarious! Sums up my feelings on exactly what is wrong with the 40k game. Advanced, futuristic, high-tech weaponry, but it's better to run up to someone and punch them in the face.
Agent Carr on the other hand...

Sock is one week away from retirement, in
THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:12 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

This is so funny... I just went to check out a new gaming store in town, and they literally had nothing in stock but a case of M:TG cards and a few skimpy shelves of Warhammer...

There were a bunch of Immortal guys sitting in the back of the shop playing 40k. They started explaining it to my buddy and I. It was all quite... overwhelming, I guess.

I do favor Yodaking's answer to your dilemma, but I do have a joke that involves a reference to something else that you may recognize...

HSer: Wow, you must be immortal!
WHer: What are you talking about?
HSer: How do you kill that which has no life?
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What faction does he play?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks guys, He didn't come last weekend but this weekend he'll be over. These are great. Especially Yodaking's. I thought this was exactly what Warhammer was like. And of course I'm not going to say anything until he does. He plays with his 10 year old son, I'd guess he can't be too obsessive about the minutiae.

I think I'm going to try my favorite one liner whenever anyone complains that HS is too simple. "Yes, we all know that what makes a game like go or chess great is that you can't play it without a 10 ton rule book."

I *might* try some of Yodaking's more insidious jabs if he keeps it up after that. Especially about the special power not being properly represented. (If he's playing me, that is.)

Unfortunately, about the cost, folks there's a reason that HS is no longer being sold. And it wasn't because the units were too expensive.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I just suggest that you don't say anything if he starts making comparisons, for example he might say how LOS is handled differently in Warhammer than HS. Its not so much a crack at the game, as it is an observation.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; March 5th, 2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Or would I be the only one to take it that way?
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:37 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

LOS is the same in both games though.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion