Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:55 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
'Scaper94's Art

First, I wasn't sure if this should be here or in the "Fan Art" section. I placed it here because it isn't really HS art. If an admin feels it should go there, feel free to move it.

Anyway, I'm really interested in art, mainly drawing and painting. I wanted to share some of my pieces with you all. Feel free to post constructive critisism, that way I can keep improving.
-----------------------------------------------------------
4/17/2013: I've been taking a college-level drawing and painting course this year as a high school senior, so I thought I'd take the time now to add some of my newest pieces since last fall. I don't really have names for the pieces yet. Oh well.
Spoiler Alert!

7/25/12: I have three more paintings to share today! My great uncle, who has been painting for about 70 years and has had original paintings on a few national magazines, bought a new easel last fall. I was lucky and he gave me his old easel (which is full of his paint splatters and such - I like it). So I've been using that quite a bit this summer. Anyway, the first two paintings were done on the easel, the third was done as a paint pour (basically randomly-designed patterns of watercolor) done in school.
Spoiler Alert!

3/25/12: Here are a few more pieces I thought I'd share. The first is a mask of Eddie, the "mascot" for Iron Maiden. The second is a free-standing sculpture of a flower tangled around a deterioration pot. The third is an abstract painting (based on the sketch I did, found in the spoiler at the bottim of this post).
Spoiler Alert!

3/19/2012: Here are some jars and pots I made in my Ceramics 1 class this year. I found using the wheel to be very fun and relaxing.
Spoiler Alert!

Here is an abstract painting I did in my Drawing and Painting 2 class at school. Sorry for the sideways picture (tilt your head to the left).
Spoiler Alert!

And here is my final project from that class. It's a helmet placed upon a spear, which is what soldiers would do sometimes for a fallen leader.
Spoiler Alert!

Bugs Bunny, which I made for my uncle's birthday. He liked it.
Spoiler Alert!

Here are some earlier pieces of mine:
Spoiler Alert!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Last edited by 'Scaper94; April 17th, 2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added some paintings.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 'Scaper94's Art

The Yoda looks really good!!!

~B96

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

So... the real question is why isn't any of it Heroscape art? Get drawing!
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is all very well done, would love to see more.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:21 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
So... the real question is why isn't any of it Heroscape art? Get drawing!
I did some HS art in my first sketch book, but none are finished (over half of my sketches don't get finished).

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
This is all very well done, would love to see more.
Thank you! I just started planning out a few more paintings. They'll be based on the songs "When the Wild Wind Blows" and "Fear of the Dark" both by the band Iron Maiden. Hopefully they'll turn out how I want them.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work. Any more info on that Civil War game? Or any of the other games.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice work. Any more info on that Civil War game? Or any of the other games.
Funny you should ask - the original idea was about 100x more complex than most people in my school would be able t comprehend. I had to tone it down quite a bit. I'm not sure if I have a typed copy of the rules or not. I'll have to look.

Some of the other games were kinda fun. There was one similar to Jenga, one that used ping-pong balls and cups, and a few games similar to Life and Monopoly. It was pretty helpful for studying.

On an unrelated note, I added two paintings done in the spring. Let me know what you think!

Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome Yoda. It seems like it would be tough to get the scale right when it's that big.

G-O
Old August 23rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Hey! Vermont is all lop-sided in your map painting!

Otherwise, cool stuff.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 23rd, 2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Awesome Yoda. It seems like it would be tough to get the scale right when it's that big.

G-O
Thanks! It really wasn't as hard as it looks like it would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Hey! Vermont is all lop-sided in your map painting!

Otherwise, cool stuff.
I drew the Union states last, which is why it got a little goofed up.

Old March 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM

I updated the OP with some ceramic pieces I made this year in school. Let me know what you think! Thanks for looking!

Old March 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Nice ceramics stuff! It has a cool feeling to it.... I dunno how to explain it, but I think they're pretty nice.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General