Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 24th, 2010, 03:24 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Fen Hydra Pre-Release Discussion

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:33 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Fen Hydra Pre-Release Discussion

Okay, this figure is super amazing!!

I can't wait to try four of them plus a filler in an all melee battle. Or even not all melee. Six defense is pretty respectable, the potential to lay down 4 attacks of 4 as long as he's fresh is powerful, and he's probably my choice for any glyphs, spirits, or other boosts that give a kick to attack. I also like finally having the first melee fighter with a range of two. That will protect him from any kind of engagement-based attacks or abilities (I won't quote any because I know some of them don't work on huge figures anyways and I don't want to make a mistake). The Hydra will be able to move up behind a screen and attack over them to hit figures that have to just sit there and take the punishment or break through the screen. I think they Hydra will be able to take out units with counterstrike and the WoA's agility. This just seems really great, but I guess you would have the same thing with a unit that threw boulders or something and had just a range of two.

This guy is definately my favorite for this wave, and I'll be surprised if anything next week takes his place at the top.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; February 24th, 2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems pretty powerful. What's the strategy with Raelin and Kelda?

Fen Hydra x3 360
Kelda 440
Raelin 520

Move up all the Fen Hydra's taking turns with the ones with the most remaining health forcing your opponents to ingore the half dead ones. Then when all your hydras run out of "Gas" load your OM's on Kelda and have her heal as many as she can. Sounds fun.

Old February 24th, 2010, 03:52 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Ana, Kelda, Sonlen Oh my! These guys best asset will be their life. Give them more when they loose it, and they will be unstoppable. (Krug is crying a bit in the corner right now)
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Ana, Kelda, Sonlen Oh my! These guys best asset will be their life. Give them more when they loose it, and they will be unstoppable. (Krug is crying a bit in the corner right now)
Ana only heals small or medium.
Sonlen can only heal 1 life at a time, is twice as expensive as kelda, and is less reliable. Kelda seems to be the best choice by far.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:58 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, this guy is really good. A healer of some sort is a must draft addition to a hydra but that is a small price to pay for all the damage he can deal out.
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

6D + 4L = 11.7 Average Survival. (This means on average they will survive around 11 attacks.) That's up there with Tor-Kul-Na (13.2 AS). These guys are tanks! And put several of them in your army? That will be frightening. I think if anything they are undercosted. Can't wait to try them out.

Lawnmower indeed, these guys will be sharks, get them moving early and mow down your opponents.

And the visuals it inspires... "Your battle troop is wandering alongside a misty lake, when all of a sudden out of the fog comes hundreds of dashing, weaving evil heads."

I'm in love.
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:40 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

think of it as a 4 man squad in a one figure body.
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:04 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Id like to try this army-
x2 Hydra
Kelda
Raelin
x2 Rats
Filler
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really, no one compared this guy to krug yet?

Same price, same size, multi-attacking mahem?
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fen Hydra x 4
Marcu
--------------
500 pts

Probably not competitive, but it looks darn intimidating on paper.
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:43 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Really, no one compared this guy to krug yet?

Same price, same size, multi-attacking mahem?
Yeah, the comparison is kinda interesting. With Krug, you wanna get some wounds on him, but the hydra needs to stay woundless. Four normal attacks is pretty ridiculous, esp if you have height. *shudders*

I've already thought of a question. What happens vs. counterstrike? If you recieve wounds during an attack, do you continue as if you hadn't?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units