Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 24th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 9/17/19 - Excess

I had responded to this post a few days ago but I guess it didn't go through, maybe because I did it on my phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Excess looks really good! I bet drudge would love that map really gives the visual of trudging through the wetlands

If you're still taking requests, how about this challenge: multiplayer map with 6 10-space starting zones using any or all of 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 Marvel + 1 extra set of ruins. A hex shape map would help with the 6 start zones but not necessary.
Will you be able to fit 6 players in a map? Or will this map be IMPOSSIBLE?

Food Network copyright aside, I can't wait to see what you can come up with for an unusual request!
Thanks. Yeah Excess has 68 swamp water tiles haha so lots of tunneling. None on any levels higher than 0 though.

I'm trying to keep this thread within the realm of competitive play, and I personally just don't think Heroscape works well outside of 1v1 or 2v2, in a 3+ free-for-all setting. But that's me. Do you have any other ideas?
Old October 30th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 8/27/19 - Iceberg Lettuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hey Cleon,

I just added two of your maps (Mountainside and Corridor) to a new "maps by Cleon" subfolder in the Online HS: Maps and Figures Google Drive folder.

If you have any others that you're particularly interested in having up there, let me know.
Thanks for adding two more of my maps (Flanked and Breach) dude, I appreciate it.
Old December 12th, 2019, 12:15 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Cleon just played on Impasse this last weekend. REALLY liked it except for 1 thing: the glyphs.

Before playing on it, I actually changed it to free it up some more. Right now, the glyph placement totally cuts off all movement along the low ground swamp on the sides because figures have to stop on glyphs AND the water also acts as a barrier there. I knew this would be a problem for the flow of the maps movement potential: go fast and low or slower but higher and so all I did was move the glyphs inside 1 hex, still on swamp and adjacent to the road. Doing this not only freed up movement along the edges for figures, but also allowed for opponents to have the advantage on attacking down on Glyph holders. With that simple change, I really liked how this map played.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 11th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@Cleon just played on Impasse this last weekend. REALLY liked it except for 1 thing: the glyphs.

Before playing on it, I actually changed it to free it up some more. Right now, the glyph placement totally cuts off all movement along the low ground swamp on the sides because figures have to stop on glyphs AND the water also acts as a barrier there. I knew this would be a problem for the flow of the maps movement potential: go fast and low or slower but higher and so all I did was move the glyphs inside 1 hex, still on swamp and adjacent to the road. Doing this not only freed up movement along the edges for figures, but also allowed for opponents to have the advantage on attacking down on Glyph holders. With that simple change, I really liked how this map played.
I see what you mean. I worry that will make the path on the other side of the glyphs too narrow, though. I kinda like that side being 2 hexes wide. I also think the paths stopping at the glyphs goes along with the ‘impasse’ theme. But I’ll consider it. Thank you for the kind words, I like that map quite a bit for a 1 SotM + 1 RttFF map.

(FYI, sorry I didn’t respond right away, I’ve kinda been away from the site and wasn’t checking it much during the holidays. But I’m back now).
Old March 30th, 2020, 02:55 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 3/29/20 - Sacrifice

New map. This is my first submission for the Spartan Scrolls ARV contest, called Sacrifice.

Sacrifice:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs

My other map for the contest is also done, and I'll post that soon.

I think from this point forward I will just be focusing on making very competitive maps, mostly 1 master set + 1-2 expansions. I largely stick to that already, but I do have some that are more theme-based and a couple hasbro remakes. A lot of maps were trying to mold an aesthetic appeal or theme into a competitive map, and I think the results are decent but it only goes so far competitively. Sometimes it works, but most of the time I'm holding onto an aesthetic/theme that keeps me from going further into balancing it competitively so the result is usually a map that's kind of balanced for tournament play, but can't keep up with the current map pools and standards. It's like juggling two things at once when building. But like I said most of my maps are just straight competitive any way, I'm just going further down that road.

I will probably go back and remake several of the ones that are theme heavy into better maps for tournament play, like The Flow. It will be sweet to be proud of every map I have up (which I can't currently say I am lol...I gotta fix Crush), that's what I'm looking to do. There are a couple that I know people really like that I'll keep up as is, like Secret Cemetery. Some of the other ones I doubt will be missed though (looking at the download numbers) and I imagine people will prefer changes.

So yeah, very competitive from here on out.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 02:31 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 4/1/20 - Parallel

Here's my other submission for the contest:

Parallel:

Download

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 TT
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs
*Snow/Ice Rules: Normal Snow, Normal Ice

So I actually made this map in one sitting. Sometimes you get building and are scrapping things left and right, and sometimes everything seems to just fall into place. With this one it just went so smoothly and felt automatic. I love how the LoS lines, cover, and positioning of the highest points turned out. And I think the name works perfectly. This might be my favorite Tundra map I've made so far, I'm very happy with it.
Old December 1st, 2020, 04:01 AM
Baron of Beantown V

I’m planning on releasing a batch of new maps for the holidays, probably right before Christmas. I have 2 of them done, but I wanna make and finish several more. If you have any terrain combination requests let me know.

(competitive, 1 master set + 1 or 2 expansions)

Edit: They don’t have to be winter/holiday themed lol, I just want to give the community several new competitive maps as a gift!
Old December 1st, 2020, 10:03 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I’m planning on releasing a batch of new maps for the holidays, probably right before Christmas. I have 2 of them done, but I wanna make and finish several more. If you have any terrain combination requests let me know.

Edit: They don’t have to be winter/holiday themed lol, I just want to give the community several new competitive maps as a gift!
Very excited for this! I'm a map hound and can't wait to see what you cook up.

As far as requests, I'd love to see a Marvel, Lava, and Tundra map, maybe with BftU if you need more terrain, though I know that's pushing your parameters.

I'm looking forward to some new battlefields. Happy building!
Old December 2nd, 2020, 01:36 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:

Very excited for this! I'm a map hound and can't wait to see what you cook up.

As far as requests, I'd love to see a Marvel, Lava, and Tundra map, maybe with BftU if you need more terrain, though I know that's pushing your parameters.

I'm looking forward to some new battlefields. Happy building!
Would a RotV+VW+TT map suffice? I had that one on my list but I guess I could try a BftU+VW+TT one instead. Marvel’s the only set I’m not interested in; I really don’t build maps with Marvel, I don’t know maybe it’s because there’s no terrain effects and I just always think of Marvel as separate. Maybe down the road I’ll start mixing some Marvel, it does look cool with VW.

Thanks man, I get really amped for maps too
Old December 3rd, 2020, 02:59 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Would a RotV+VW+TT map suffice? I had that one on my list but I guess I could try a BftU+VW+TT one instead. Marvel’s the only set I’m not interested in; I really don’t build maps with Marvel, I don’t know maybe it’s because there’s no terrain effects and I just always think of Marvel as separate. Maybe down the road I’ll start mixing some Marvel, it does look cool with VW.

I totally understand, I hate building with Marvel despite my appreciating its aesthetic with certain terrain combos, namely VW. I would love anything with fire and ice, but especially with BftU if you get around to it. I know it's a lot more restrictive than RotV and, in my somewhat limited experience, more challenging, but I look forward to any output on the map front you muster.
Old December 4th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:

I totally understand, I hate building with Marvel despite my appreciating its aesthetic with certain terrain combos, namely VW. I would love anything with fire and ice, but especially with BftU if you get around to it. I know it's a lot more restrictive than RotV and, in my somewhat limited experience, more challenging, but I look forward to any output on the map front you muster.
BftU+VW+TT is in the works...
Old December 4th, 2020, 05:06 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

If you are able to do a multi-expansion map, how about VW+TT+TJ(+VW)?

Edit: I just looked at the contents of those sets and realized those three are not a lot of tiles to work with... perhaps something with lava and snow next to each other but with a penalty if you use flying?

Last edited by Myth26; December 4th, 2020 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I'm dum

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios