Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old November 27th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Subscribed.
Thanks so much! I'm always happy to see that I'm not the only one enjoying this.

While I'm here, it's maybe obvious by now but I won't be posting a video this week. I've been traveling back to my hometown for one, and the wi-fi at my parent's can barely handle me trying to navigate this website, let alone uploading a video to YouTube.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; December 12th, 2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old December 11th, 2019, 05:31 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Subscribed.
Thanks so much! I'm always happy to see that I'm not the only one enjoying this.

While I'm here, it's maybe obvious by now but I won't be posting a video this week. I've been traveling back to my hometown for one, and the wi-fi at m parent's can barely handle me trying to navigate this website, let alone uploading a video to YouTube.
.....and his parents never let him go....
Old December 11th, 2019, 08:05 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Subscribed.

While I'm here, it's maybe obvious by now but I won't be posting a video this week. I've been traveling back to my hometown for one, and the wi-fi at m parent's can barely handle me trying to navigate this website, let alone uploading a video to YouTube.
.....and his parents never let him go....
Nah, that's my brother -- he's the favorite of the bunch. I'm just tolerated because I look like him.

I do apologize for the delay. My car broke down on my way back from Thanksgiving, which got me stuck away from my place for all of last week, and then I've been catching up on everything this week, all in preparation to start moving next week. It's a phase. This is going to be a rough month in general for me, so while I hope to get a few videos out, I'm probably just going to ditch the usual schedule and do them when I can to make it easier on myself.

That said, the other major delay is that after beating him in a hectic game of Mario Party, True has decided to leave the project. Or, well, Mario Party didn't actually happen. But True did express to me that he doesn't enjoy doing the videos enough to keep doing them long term. So right now it's just me, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with that. I'll probably try one or two solo commentary videos to see how that rolls, though I'm not confident in my own appeal (True's definitely the cuter one of the two of us). I'm not certain if I'll try to find another main co-caster, or just try to coordinate with a bunch of people for a rotating schedule (there are still a lot of people on my list who've expressed interest), or just hang it all and sell the property to Disney in their quest to take over the world.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 11th, 2019, 11:52 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
or just try to coordinate with a bunch of people for a rotating schedule (there are still a lot of people on my list who've expressed interest).
Honestly, do this. Couple thoughts:

1) I think it would actually be quite enjoyable for a lot of us to participate on a regular basis for some of these videos...especially if it means keeping this alive.

2) Don't do weekly videos. I mean, if you can manage it...then by all means do...but Online Game videos and commentary take a substantial amount of effort to coordinate, record and edit...so I'd recommend you save yourself and commit to something more reasonable like 1/month or 2/month. That will provide plenty of time for scheduling between people playing, people commentating and your own editing/posting etc.

3) Don't try and capture all games of online scape. I know you don't already do this, but for a while there I think you were being pretty committed to getting all the rounds of the tourney posted. Maybe just commit to videoing/commentating the Playoff games? and between Online tournaments, just capture casual or playtesting game formats.

Overall, your videos are enjoyable and a new fun way to watch/listen to Heroscape. I'll be the first to say it takes TONS of effort to maintain a constant flow of content for viewers in such an endeavor and it CAN be daunting. I don't blame True at all for stepping away...heck, if I loved this game any less by even an ounce there's no way I'd have lasted posting weekly videos on my Channel for the past 4 years (WHAT?!? wow...man I didn't realize it's been that long...haha), so it makes sense that if he's not totally in love with the idea or content of the videos, that he's step down. That said, all of us here ARE and I think you'll find us very willing to participate in commentating sessions...especially if you move to a more relaxed schedule. As you've said yourself, you've got a lot going on in life (not to mention being a monthly tournament director for Utah), so no need to feel committed to a rigorous weekly content schedule if it's just not feasible.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 12th, 2019, 09:47 PM

I will say that I'd love to have a rotating cast. That's also the most difficult path, though. Trying to coordinate with True on a steady schedule was difficult enough, so switching between people and times (and time zones) does complicate it.

You're absolutely right about the workload of putting up a video each week, and I don't even do as much editing as you do on your videos (except maybe for a couple of my more recent ones where I was more aggressive). When True and I were able to hold a pattern it wasn't bad and something I could manage, but that's another thing that a rotating cast of hosts would complicate.

I agree also with not getting all of a season's games recorded, but that's actually how I'm already doing things by getting as many recordings as I can when I can. I already miss a lot of recordings I'd like, and I can't guarantee to be available during the playoffs, and also can't ask people to delay their games just so I can record them. So I get what I can when I can. So yeah, totally agree, it's just a bit different in practice. I also like to get as many games as possible so I'm never wanting for content -- I'd rather have too many videos available for recording than too little.

I'd also love to get more casual games to break up the games of a season. Those are much more difficult to get, though, as they're generally spontaneous, don't always have a link posted, and often also use figures in C3V play testing, which I'm not against but would like to minimize for the sake of viewership.

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 18th, 2019, 04:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I think this sort of format works better with 2 or 3 people than with a single person doing all the commentary. I like the idea of you having a rotating cast of co-hosts. I wouldn't commit to doing it every couple weeks, but I'd be down to record commentary with you every couple months. I imagine several others would feel the same way.
Old December 18th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think this sort of format works better with 2 or 3 people than with a single person doing all the commentary. I like the idea of you having a rotating cast of co-hosts. I wouldn't commit to doing it every couple weeks, but I'd be down to record commentary with you every couple months. I imagine several others would feel the same way.
Agreed.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 18th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Agreed.
Me three.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 18th, 2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Agreed.
Me three.
Me four. Like I've said, I'd love to do a rotating cast, and it's also the most difficult and stressful way to do it.

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 18th, 2019, 05:48 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

I'm sure there's a way for a spreadsheet to solve some logistical stuff and I'm not saying that because it's my go to solution.

~Dysole, also willing to record things on a semi regular basis
Old December 18th, 2019, 07:30 PM

Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm sure there's a way for a spreadsheet to solve some logistical stuff and I'm not saying that because it's my go to solution.

Ooh, I'm a fan of spreadsheets. How would you use one for this kind of project? Just for scheduling or...?

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 18th, 2019, 08:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Wheelhouse

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

Ooh, I'm a fan of spreadsheets. How would you use one for this kind of project? Just for scheduling or...?
I can mock something up tonight and share it using the email you submit for OHS. How's that sound?

~Dysole, informationally

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports