Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 8th, 2019, 08:18 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I've played many a game against opponents who rolled for drain every time and never failed, royally cleaning my clock. Now, of course that's against odds and they should have failed a time or 2, but the impact of constantly rolling 4 dice (5 from height) while Drain is hot, keep you - generally - well in front of your opponent to the point where even a failed drain won't break the bank.
I think the biggest difference in thinking here is between single-game strategy and tournament-long strategy. Sure, they may win a game or two by draining, but they shouldn’t be winning a tournament doing it. It’s functionally impossible to successfully drain all day long, and the failed drains will eventually lose them a game over the course of four or five games (assuming they’re playing against good players with good armies, of course).
Old November 9th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Stinger Drain is basically the perfect example of unfavorably asymmetric bet. You win more ofter than you lose, but when you lose you lose way way more than you gain, more than enough to make up for how often you are winning. Like picking up quarters in front of a steamroller.

As mentioned before, it's really only an option when you want to introduce variance into the game, like if you think you need the quarters so bad it's fine to go in front of the steamroller to pick them up since you'll die if you don't. But in reality I think even in those cases you probably have a higher winrate if you just hope you roll a lot of skulls without the Drain. The Stinger Drain math you can do shows it as unfavorable even when you don't account for the lost Stinger in your startzone.
Old November 9th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I think it’s at least worthy of looking into and doing some experimenting with. Ever since the Stingers came out the notion has always been to seldom Drain, and almost every person I’ve see with Stingers seldom does, including myself. But then there’s Hendal, who is like the only person who Drains often. And he wins. A lot. So I think there’s something to it.

But I’m always attracted to aggressive and sometimes swingy play, so there’s that. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 09:37 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

CoV Entry 4: A- Units

Join Mike, Ken, and Cody as we discuss the A- rated units (in accord with Mike's modern power rankings), what to expect from HeroScape at GenCon, and Dad_Scaper's Listener Question on the differences between local tournaments and GenCon.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 09:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok, you're in the queue. I'll probably get to it tomorrow. You got a little formatting weirdness in iTunes: "<p> Join Mike, Ken, and Cody . . ."

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 3rd, 2019, 09:55 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ok, you're in the queue. I'll probably get to it tomorrow. You got a little formatting weirdness in iTunes: "<p> Join Mike, Ken, and Cody . . ."
Great, hope you enjoy! We ran a little longer than intended (95 minutes), so feel free to break it up into a couple shorter listening sessions. I think we maintain content level throughout, but I’m always interested in feedback!

As for the formatting, do you see that <p>? I don’t even see the episode on iTunes yet...
Old December 3rd, 2019, 10:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. That's why I told you.

I don't have a problem with 95 minutes. The smaller crew is good, too. That would be too long to listen to you guys ramble, but if it's good, then it's good. I'll let you know.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Ok, I’m not seeing the <p> problem on the Apple Podcasts app; maybe it fixed itself?
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Ok, I’m not seeing the <p> problem on the Apple Podcasts app; maybe it fixed itself?
I still see it on mine....

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 4th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Summary of episode 4

1. Chainfighters need to move up in the rankings.
2. Come to Gen Con
3. Run a local tourney in the mid-west so I can come to it.
4. Everybody needs to run Hawthorne.
5. We will be building Cody's gen con main event army.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; December 4th, 2019 at 01:54 PM. Reason: 6. Stingers still suck
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:46 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Summary of episode 4

2. Come to Gen Con
Hawthorne, Stingers, Rats, Darrak, and Axegrinders is what I’m required to play, all in the same build.
Old December 9th, 2019, 01:37 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smile Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Summary of episode 4

2. Come to Gen Con
We have a midwest tournament!!!!!! February 22nd. Michigan is in the midwest! We can house you overnight!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion