Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 5th, 2019, 12:37 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
The Book of Avernus

The Book of Avernus

Large Expansion Pack 5 (CVL2) - Navess's Repentance

Basic Card:
Spoiler Alert!

The printer-friendly .pdf version of this card can be found HERE.

The figure used for this unit is a Reaper figure from the Bones set. Its model name is Large Fire Elemental
The figure fits on a Small or Large peanut style base.

Figure picture and where to buy:

Promotional Text: Avernus, the final arrival from Toril, will burn what he cannot conquer. His scorched-earth tactics make him a great asset for Talingul's construct armies. Good luck putting this fire out, General Jandar!

SPECIAL POWERS
  • WAVE OF FLAME
    Before moving normally with Avernus, and each time Avernus moves onto a space during normal movement, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to Avernus. If you roll a 14 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Wave of Flame. Avernus cannot roll for Wave of Flame against the same figure more than once per turn.
  • LAVA RESISTANT
    Avernus never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage, and it does not have to stop on molten lava spaces.
  • NEGATIVE ELEMENT
    Avernus can never roll defense dice while it is on a water space.

Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Negative Element: Water Plus Bonuses
    Q. If Avernus is on a water space but has other bonuses (glyphs, height advantage, etc) can it roll defense for those bonuses?
    A. No. When on a water space, a Fire Elemental cannot roll any Defense Dice. [FAQ 11.3 for Fire Elemental]
  • Q: Can Avernus roll defense dice if standing on only one water space?
    A: No,
    Negative Element applies even if only half of Avernus's base is in water.
  • Q: If Avernus moves adjacent to Cathar Spearmen, which triggers first, Wave of Flame or Braced Spear?
    A: You dice off to decide the order the powers trigger.
    If there are multiple spearmen that could use Braced Spear, roll one d20 for each of them. All spearmen whose d20 results are higher than Avernus's result then roll for Braced Spear. If Avernus survives, Avernus then rolls Wave of Flame against all eligible targets. After Wave of Flame completes, any surviving spearmen whose d20 results were lower than Avernus's result may roll for Braced Spear.
  • Q: If Avernus moves next to both Parmenio and a Sacred Band, which does Avernus roll for first?
    A: The player that activated Avernus decides the order for Wave of Flame rolls. So the player could choose to roll for Parmenio first in hopes of killing him off before rolling for the Sacred Band.
  • Q: Can Avernus move onto uneven ground (different height hex under each space of Avernus) during its movement and use Wave of flame?
    A: Possibly If there is any possibility that by moving onto a specific space, a double-hex figure could be forced to end their turn on an illegal spot, then that figure is forbidden from moving onto that space. No matter how small the chance may be, if there is any probability of an ability such as Wave of Flame failing, the player is not allowed to move that figure onto a space where failure (and a subsequent forced illegal placement) might occur. If however there is always a guaranteed legal move left, Avernus can move onto uneven ground and trigger Wave of Flame.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • TALINGUL: MASTER OF GREAT CONSTRUCTS: As a Large Construct Hero, Avernus may benefit from Talingul's Master of Great Constructs by taking a turn along with one other Large/Huge Construct Hero instead of Talingul.
  • ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Avernus may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered

Synergy Imposed
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Strategy, Tactics and Tips

-Power Ranking-
  • @dok Not quite as devastating as Augamo and Boreos, but a worthy addition to the construct army. B+
  • TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 13th, 2024 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Q - uneven ground
Old November 5th, 2019, 12:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Avernus

Any figure with the Gem of Lava Resistance, as well.
Old November 5th, 2019, 02:08 PM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Racheim doesn't have the Lava Resistant power. Avernus also benefits from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura.

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old November 6th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

What does "(CVL2)" stand for ?

~ Dan, trying to figure out any small detail from the Valhalla Custom newcomers... :3

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old November 6th, 2019, 09:24 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
What does "(CVL2)" stand for ?

~ Dan, trying to figure out any small detail from the Valhalla Custom newcomers... :3
Well the L2 comes from Large Expansion 2.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 6th, 2019, 12:20 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See recent homepage blog
Quote:
C3V brings you Large Expansion Pack CVL2, otherwise known as:

Navess's Repentance

Large Expansion Pack 5
CVL2 = C3V's second Large Expansion Pack.
Old November 6th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I saw that... I guessed it was around such things, but no acronym development convinced me...

A strict definition would be something like
- C3V Large pack 2 => CVL2... but it doesn't feel logic IMO

A "logical" one would have been for example :
- C3V Large Expansion Pack 2 => CLE2 / CLEP2
- C3V Large Pack 2 => C3VLP2 / C3VL2
- Valhalla Custom Large Pack 2 => VCL2 / VCLP2

As is, I just can't understand what the writer has in mind... and it frustrates me. :P

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old November 21st, 2019, 08:13 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Has anyone tried this figure outside of a Talingul build? I’m not a huge fan of Talingul and it seems quite good for a 135pt. hero. 4 defense, 7 life, rolling multiple Waves of Flame and then swinging for 4 each attack phase is nice. The double space is a plus I think, you can engage a tad more with it. Negative Element still sucks though. Maybe...

Avernus 135
Raelin 80
Krav 100
Warforged x2 160
Eldgrim 30

(Another filler if you’re under 505)
Old November 22nd, 2019, 05:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&Cs:
Quote:
Q: If Avernus moves adjacent to Cathar Spearmen, which triggers first, Wave of Flame or Braced Spear?
A: You dice off to decide the order the powers trigger.
If there are multiple spearmen that could use Braced Spear, roll one d20 for each of them. All spearmen whose d20 results are higher than Avernus's result then roll for Braced Spear. If Avernus survives, Avernus then rolls Wave of Flame against all eligible targets. After Wave of Flame completes, any surviving spearmen whose d20 results were lower than Avernus's result may roll for Braced Spear.

Q: Can Avernus roll defense dice if standing on only one water space?
A: No,
Negative Element applies even if only half of Avernus's base is in water.

Q: If Avernus moves next to both Parmenio and a Sacred Band, which does Avernus roll for first?
A: The player that activated Avernus decides the order for Wave of Flame rolls.
So the player could choose to roll for Parmenio first in hopes of killing him off before rolling for the Sacred Band.
Old November 22nd, 2019, 05:40 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Has anyone tried this figure outside of a Talingul build? I’m not a huge fan of Talingul and it seems quite good for a 135pt. hero. 4 defense, 7 life, rolling multiple Waves of Flame and then swinging for 4 each attack phase is nice. The double space is a plus I think, you can engage a tad more with it. Negative Element still sucks though. Maybe...

Avernus 135
Raelin 80
Krav 100
Warforged x2 160
Eldgrim 30

I like playing Avernus with Ornak, but maybe the double hero bonding is what you don't like about Talingul.

Yes, Avernus is a nice figure all by his lonesome. Just keep him away from your own units! I played him a few times in a thematic Firestorm. Looks so cool on the board with that army.
Old November 22nd, 2019, 09:32 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

True Murray brought Him to the Utah monthy last year when Avernus was in Public Playtesting. Talingul was not in Public Playtesting, so they ran Avernus in addition to a Fire Elemental build with Kurrok.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 08:04 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post

Avernus 135
Raelin 80
Krav 100
Warforged x2 160
Eldgrim 30

I like playing Avernus with Ornak, but maybe the double hero bonding is what you don't like about Talingul.

Yes, Avernus is a nice figure all by his lonesome. Just keep him away from your own units! I played him a few times in a thematic Firestorm. Looks so cool on the board with that army.
Yeah I think he reminded me of Kurrok too much initially so I was a bit turned off by him but looking at him again I guess he's closer to Ornak in his armies, and I like Ornak. I think if he could choose to take a turn with either 2 constructs, or 1 construct+himself I'd like him a lot better. But I do like him more than Kurrok.

Talingul aside, Avernus looks solid.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs