Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 22nd, 2019, 12:51 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: Taking Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'd like to see your take on a single MS map, either BftU or SotM.
I think those are the hardest to make competitive maps out of. Swarm because it only has a single LoS blocker and nearly no terrain effects and BftU because it's just too small. Those and 1SotM+1VW, 1BftU+1TJ, and 1BftU+1VW. Those 5 I think are very very difficult.

I made Crush (1SotM+1VW) but it has a lot of problems...I've made changes to it, primarily adding Wannok on the Hive side to counterbalance the Rock formation and Lava Highrises. But Zelrig still dominates it. I might switch the other glyph to the move glyph too. The one I have now is better but still in the works and when I eventually figure it out I'll get the version 2 up.

Haven't attempted any of the other 4 combos yet though. Kind of afraid to lol. But a goal I was going for was to have at least one map of every terrain combination (the ones that are within the normal competitive limits, like not RttFF x5 or something) so I'll give it a shot.

I'll go whip up either a 1 SotM or 1 BftU map for ya....it will almost definitely be asymmetrical. Thanks for the request, this will be fun.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 06:21 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 8/22/19 - Minimalist / Taking Requ

Alright @superfrog , here's my stab at a 1 BftU map:

Minimalist:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 BftU
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs, 1 random Treasure Glyph

It was a fun challenge. I think going the asymmetrical route is the way to go with 1 BftU (and maybe 1 SotM), it makes it more interesting and feels like there's more options. I guess maybe it gives more of an illusion of being less cramped. If only they included another 24-hex or a few more 7-hexes in the set....or more single hexes, or another 3-hex Rock Outcrop for LoS blocking, or anything lol. That would have been nice. It's surely the bare minimum. At least there's Shadow Tiles.

Thanks for the request. I'm working on a BftU x2 map I built about 3 years ago that I really liked but never saved, and I'm trying to recreate that one as close to the original as I can remember. But I'm stuck as I keep running out of terrain for the start zones, they're the part of the map I completely forget the details of. Also stuck on like three other maps lol. So requests are where it's at. Open to more!
Old August 27th, 2019, 04:38 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 8/27/19 - Iceberg Lettuce

New map!

Iceberg Lettuce:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 TT, 1 TJ
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs
Snow/Ice Rules: Normal Snow, Normal Ice

Still open for requests as well.
Old August 27th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks good Cleon! I like the layout. Only two minor recommendations would be to move the single hex glaciers down a level if possible so they have a hex they're adjacent to (for stability sake - it's obnoxious when they fall over), then to spread out the jungle pieces that are clumped together so you get just a little more coverage.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 27th, 2019, 03:33 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Now taking requests for map ideas to build. If you want to see a certain terrain combination, or style of map, or just a particular thing built into a map, post a comment and I'll try to build it within a few days of the post. Right now I have about 5 maps in the works, but I kind of am at a standstill with each of them so I'd like to tackle other maps while I'm in a creative slump with the others. Let me know if there's something you'd like to see.

(Keep it within the general realm of competitive maps....24-hex SZs, not a million glyphs, not a million sets of terrains)
This might be a bit off from competitive maps, but I'd be curious to see your take on a multiple master set map with 0/1 terrain expansions.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 27th, 2019, 07:15 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Looks good Cleon! I like the layout. Only two minor recommendations would be to move the single hex glaciers down a level if possible so they have a hex they're adjacent to (for stability sake - it's obnoxious when they fall over), then to spread out the jungle pieces that are clumped together so you get just a little more coverage.
Thanks . Yeah, I always found it weird that the 1-hex glaciers tend to slide around. Same with ice to a lesser degree if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Now taking requests for map ideas to build. If you want to see a certain terrain combination, or style of map, or just a particular thing built into a map, post a comment and I'll try to build it within a few days of the post. Right now I have about 5 maps in the works, but I kind of am at a standstill with each of them so I'd like to tackle other maps while I'm in a creative slump with the others. Let me know if there's something you'd like to see.

(Keep it within the general realm of competitive maps....24-hex SZs, not a million glyphs, not a million sets of terrains)
This might be a bit off from competitive maps, but I'd be curious to see your take on a multiple master set map with 0/1 terrain expansions.
Do you mean doubling up like RotV x2 or SotM x2 or BftU x2?
Old August 27th, 2019, 07:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey Cleon,

I just added two of your maps (Mountainside and Corridor) to a new "maps by Cleon" subfolder in the Online HS: Maps and Figures Google Drive folder.

If you have any others that you're particularly interested in having up there, let me know.
Old August 27th, 2019, 08:14 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Well, I have 2 SotM and 3 RotV... And no BftU. I can't remember the last time time I saw a SotM x2 map. I think SotM has a small enough amount of terrain compared to RotV that two of them could come out to something similar to a good 1x RotV map.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 27th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hey Cleon,

I just added two of your maps (Mountainside and Corridor) to a new "maps by Cleon" subfolder in the Online HS: Maps and Figures Google Drive folder.

If you have any others that you're particularly interested in having up there, let me know.
Hey, thank you so much! I'm honored. . What do you think are my best maps?

I'm cool with any of the rest, but with 3 exceptions - Mystic Discovery, The Flow, and Crush. Those are definitely my worst 3 in my opinion. I'm re-doing Crush right now and will upload the better version of it when it's done. The Flow and Mystic Discovery are more thematic maps that fall a bit short of the competitive standard I think. I wanted a heavy theme and competitive viability at the same time, when building them, but I don't think they're up to par with the rest of mine. I'm leaning towards making new versions of those two eventually as well. Secret Cenetary is also going for a heavy theme but I think it works much better than the other two so i'm cool with it.

My hasbro remake maps Ambush and Frost Giants were similarly built with a pseudo-goal mindset - make the map feel like the hasbro original but also make it competitively viable. Those two I think are also a bit lower than the other 21 maps of mine but better than the 3 ones I mentioned above.

So as long as it's not Mystic Discovery, The Flow, and Crush (those current versions of them as of right now), I'm cool with it. And I wouldn't say Ambush and Frost Giants are frontrunners, but I'm not against it.
Old August 27th, 2019, 11:08 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Well, I have 2 SotM and 3 RotV... And no BftU. I can't remember the last time time I saw a SotM x2 map. I think SotM has a small enough amount of terrain compared to RotV that two of them could come out to something similar to a good 1x RotV map.
Cool, I don't think I've ever made a RotVx2 or SotMx2 1v1 map before. Even going back significantly before this thread. Maybe way back when I only had RotVs and a couple terrain expansions, but I don't remember. I'll go see what I can construct.
Old September 17th, 2019, 05:48 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 9/17/19 - Excess

Well, after a week on vacation in a hotel that had little internet, and then immediately getting very sick for a week once I got home, here's the map you asked for @Maklar the Silver Prince , finally. . I was very sick struggling with post nasal drip (it was miserable), and every time I researched info and remedies for it I kept seeing the words 'excessive mucus.' Hence the name Excess. It felt like a lot of excess terrain when building it and it reminded me of the excess mucus I was dealing with haha. Also SotM fits the sickness-look. I was going to name it 'Mucous' or something similar, but then I remembered it was a map for someone else so I didn't think a direct snot-name would be right lol . Hope you enjoy it, it was not easy to build.

Excess:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 2 SotM
Glyphs: 1 Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1), 2 Glyphs of Valda (Move +2)
Date Uploaded: 9/17/19

I wanted to use every terrain piece that comes from two SotM's. As I said before it's very challenging to manage 32 7-hexes and 68 swamp water tiles, but wallah, I did it and came up with this.

Sorry for that lateness of the request, it's been quite the couple of weeks.
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:08 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 9/17/19 - Excess

Excess looks really good! I bet drudge would love that map really gives the visual of trudging through the wetlands

If you're still taking requests, how about this challenge: multiplayer map with 6 10-space starting zones using any or all of 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 Marvel + 1 extra set of ruins. A hex shape map would help with the 6 start zones but not necessary.
Will you be able to fit 6 players in a map? Or will this map be IMPOSSIBLE?

Food Network copyright aside, I can't wait to see what you can come up with for an unusual request!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios