Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 4th, 2019, 12:57 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
New England Heroscape: 4x400

Saturday, November 16th, 2019
New Players Welcome

Where: The Whiz Game Store
122 Turnpike Road, Westborough, MA, 01581

When: Show up 12:30 PM, Round 1 starts at 1 pm. 50 minute rounds.

What: 4 rounds of a Swiss-Style Tournament.

Format: 4 Round Swiss style tournament. Players bring 4 pre-drafted 400 point armies, 20 figures limit, no Marvel, no C3V or other customs. No figure can be used in more than 1 army. Write each army down on an index card, numbered 1-4. At the beginning of each round I will randomly select 1 - 4, and you will use that numbered army for that round. No number will be repeated, so you will play each of your armies exactly once.
If you need a few figures to help fill out your army, I can lend them to you (assuming I haven't already lent them to someone else). Just send me a PM to reserve the figure.

Entry: There will be a $10 entry fee.

Please let me know by replying to this thread if you are planning on attending, so that I have an accurate estimate for the number of maps I need to bring.

Prizes: There will be a prize table with awards for the top finisher and additional awards via a point-weighted drawing.

For anyone who wants to enter but is missing a figure (or figures) they would like to run, or doesn't have an army at all, reach out to me and I can likely provide the figure/army. (Please reach out before the day-of though)

Maps:
The Borogoves
Highways and Dieways
Fulcrum
Dance of the Dryads
April
Invasion
Fire Isles
Remains of Clionesia
(in the order they will be used if we have less than 16 people)

Glpyh Pool: Ulaniva (Unique Attack), Dagmar (Initiative), Wannok (Wound), Kelda (Healer), Valda (Move), Lodin (D20); no treasure glyphs

Attending:
Chris Perkins
itsbuzzi
KourtJester
Arctrooper506 +1
Curry_Noodles
farkensmore

Maybe:
ollie +6

Mentions:

Last edited by Chris Perkins; November 13th, 2019 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Added Maps; Added Venue; Added Mentions
Old September 4th, 2019, 05:28 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New England Heroscape: 4x400

Yeah I'll be coming, perhaps with 1 or more guests, banking on 1. I might also be able to bring a map if you need it, but judging from last time it doesn't seem you need pieces unless you want something specific.

What is 4x4? We have 4 armies to choose from per map, so on map 1 say army 2 looks best I use that and then next round I can use something different with no restrictions? Can unique figures (like Raelin) be in multiple armies? I might need to borrow some things to be able to field 4 (or 8 or more) different armies.

Thanks for hosting!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old September 4th, 2019, 05:33 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added maps and added more details in the description regarding the format.

Essentially, you bring 4 armies numbered 1 - 4. Each round is randomly assigned a number 1-4, and you play that army each round. So you play each of your armies once, but you don't control which round that army is played in.

A figure can only be used in one army - if you bring Raelin one army, she can't be in any of the other 3.

I'm happy to lend a few figures to anyone who needs them, on a first come first serve basis (but realistically I should have enough, unless you are the 2nd or 3rd person to ask for the same figure).
Old September 5th, 2019, 08:30 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Added maps and added more details in the description regarding the format.

Essentially, you bring 4 armies numbered 1 - 4. Each round is randomly assigned a number 1-4, and you play that army each round. So you play each of your armies once, but you don't control which round that army is played in.

A figure can only be used in one army - if you bring Raelin one army, she can't be in any of the other 3.

I'm happy to lend a few figures to anyone who needs them, on a first come first serve basis (but realistically I should have enough, unless you are the 2nd or 3rd person to ask for the same figure).
Awesome thanks for the info I haven't played 4x4 obviously lol. Judging on the maps and amount of figures you can lend out sounds like you have a ton gosh lol.

Mentions:

Last edited by itsbuzzi; September 16th, 2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Mentions
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Interested. I'm introducing the game to six new people tomorrow. If it goes well, I'll see if I can get a group of us to come.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Interested. I'm introducing the game to six new people tomorrow. If it goes well, I'll see if I can get a group of us to come.
Sounds like a blast! Because of the type of format if all goes well 4 players can share the same units and use them at different times so they can compare notes when the dust has cleared. Hope to have you!

Old September 30th, 2019, 08:16 AM

Confirmed my +1 for the event.

Old October 6th, 2019, 01:31 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Saturday, November 16th, 2019
New Players Welcome
Maps:
The Borogoves
Dance of the Dryads
Oh wow, Chris Perkins, thanks for choosing both Dance of the Dryads and The Borogoves!
It's always an honor to have one's maps selected — makes my day every time.
I hope your tournament is a blast.
Old October 8th, 2019, 07:30 PM

OP updated with:
- Venue (The Whiz Game Store in Westborough MA)
- Mentions
- Updated Attendee List

For anyone thinking about attending but unsure on the army requirements, I've already picked out my 4 armies I will use for the event and have an additional 10 competitive 400 point armies (all B+ or better) (using figures that I will not be playing). Between those armies, that leaves over 2 full sets of armies, which as previously suggested by @itsbuzzi can support up to 8 players for anyone who needs additional figures. Alternatively, if you have 2 or 3 armies you already want and just need one or two more, I can also lend out a few of those individual armies to help out. Just PM me with any figures you'd like to use to reserve them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Awesome, hope you and them are able to make it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Oh wow, Chris Perkins, thanks for choosing both Dance of the Dryads and The Borogoves!
It's always an honor to have one's maps selected — makes my day every time.
I hope your tournament is a blast.
Thanks! And thanks for making the maps, I like them a lot.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:30 AM

Hey Chris, some bad news, my friend is unable to make it. I will still be coming but no more plus 1 for me. It'll be real fun I picked my armies out a month ago, can't wait!

Old October 23rd, 2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Hey Chris, some bad news, my friend is unable to make it. I will still be coming but no more plus 1 for me. It'll be real fun I picked my armies out a month ago, can't wait!
Thanks for letting me know. I updated the OP accordingly.

Looking forward to it as well!
Old October 28th, 2019, 12:38 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Hey there Chris,

Officially declaring that I will be in attendance - asking my brothers to see if they would like to attend as well, will post here with update

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events