Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 12th, 2017, 01:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Hexless/gridless Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
"Range-Again Range will be one space equals 2 inches.
Example: A figure with a gun that can shoot 7 spaces could shoot 7inches."

Shouldn't it be 7 spaces equals 14 inches for shooting?

For climbing, there may need to be something about stairs or slanted elevations, where you measure normally as with flat ground. Just measure going with the angle.
Nice catch, It looks like I missed some stuff. I was in a rush when fixing the post. Yeah, you are right. I'll add in the stairs/slanted terrain elevations as well.
EDIT: updated. Thanks for the clarification on the uneven terrain and stairs because heroscape doesn't have uneven terrain.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 12th, 2017, 02:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've had similar thoughts before on converting the move and range numbers into inches. I was thinking it would be a 1 to 1 conversion but I never actually tried it out though.

It looks like you currently have them move up ladders at the same speed as up a wall without a ladder, I would give them a bonus for using ladders. Either double it or if that proves to be too much, a flat bonus of 2-3 inches like how the road tiles work. Speaking of road tiles, would you have any kind of rough terrain/smooth terrain move bonuses or penalties? Warhammer moves figures using a ruler and I believe they have a 1/2 penalty when moving though rough terrain. Then they make larger 'forest' or 'rocks' obstacles that you don't have to go around but rather can move right through at 1/2 speed.
Old May 12th, 2017, 05:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Yodaking , good call on the ladders, I think we should put them at 2inches per move with regular incline at 1 inch per move. I'm going to update that. Not sure if I put it on there but the deep snow and slippery ice would be at half move just like in heroscape except you'd just move 1 inch instead of two. I initially put it at 1 inch per 1 move but it was brought to my attention that a hex is closer to 2 inches and it was pretty easy to keep it simple enough still. Not sure where we are at on the rock obstacle stuff other than having to use an incline up onto it which is exactly what your saying. If I stop in front of a small rock that is only like an inch tall, I can move up and over it the same way. Thanks for your input on this stuff. I think this is going to be great.

Old May 13th, 2017, 01:28 PM
"like" happy

I plan on making a PDF rulebook that looks much like the official one. The rules and clarifications will come with some example pictures just as the normal one does as well. I appreciate all the feedback you guys have hit me with to make this Heroscape Variant great. I can see myself enjoying the heck out of this. Hopefully here soon I can get a mock up pdf started.

Old May 21st, 2017, 09:41 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've read through each page of this thread, and (if you're still wanting input) I have a couple things to mention:

If you are keeping the horizontal distances for measure roughly the same between hex and non-hex versions of the game, would it make more sense (for consistency's sake) for moving up height to be 0.5" = 1 space of movement? Rather than 1" height = 1 space. 0.5" is closer in size to a height 1 ledge in hex'd HS. I don't have any standard-size figure on hand to measure their height in inches, but IIRC they are about 2" to 2.5" (roughly). Just something to consider that I thought might be worth bringing up.

The second thing loosely relates to the first. It was mentioned earlier in the thread (I forget by who - sorry) about another game system in which figures could climb up vertical obstacles, and if a figure could not climb the entire obstacle, a die was used to mark how high up the figure was. Personally I think this would be a neat feature, and either limit it to Heroes for the sake of simplicity or keep it open to any and all figures. If you were to include this mechanic, would figures be able to scale all vertical obstacles? Just rocks?

Overall I really enjoy the potential in this variant. The trick is to keep it simple and organic, just like classic HS. I've not had time to play tabletop games the past few years, but this looks like it could serve as a breath of fresh air for me in the near future. Kudos to your ideas!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old May 21st, 2017, 09:57 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I've read through each page of this thread, and (if you're still wanting input) I have a couple things to mention:

If you are keeping the horizontal distances for measure roughly the same between hex and non-hex versions of the game, would it make more sense (for consistency's sake) for moving up height to be 0.5" = 1 space of movement? Rather than 1" height = 1 space. 0.5" is closer in size to a height 1 ledge in hex'd HS. I don't have any standard-size figure on hand to measure their height in inches, but IIRC they are about 2" to 2.5" (roughly). Just something to consider that I thought might be worth bringing up.

The second thing loosely relates to the first. It was mentioned earlier in the thread (I forget by who - sorry) about another game system in which figures could climb up vertical obstacles, and if a figure could not climb the entire obstacle, a die was used to mark how high up the figure was. Personally I think this would be a neat feature, and either limit it to Heroes for the sake of simplicity or keep it open to any and all figures. If you were to include this mechanic, would figures be able to scale all vertical obstacles? Just rocks?

Overall I really enjoy the potential in this variant. The trick is to keep it simple and organic, just like classic HS. I've not had time to play tabletop games the past few years, but this looks like it could serve as a breath of fresh air for me in the near future. Kudos to your ideas!
Thanks for the input. What has been discussed so far isnt set in stone. The point of this is to keep it simple. Keep it heroscape. Make it possible to have any terrain and any figures without the restrictions of a hex or grid. The measurements in what has been came up with so far is relatively close to regular scape in inches. This will need some testing and adjustments will happen. I have been fairly busy with life and havent got to try it out yet. But soon. I welcome your input and opinions. Any project with multiple perspectives usually comes out better. Help us get it there and then ill make a sweet looking pdf rulebook we can all enjoy. I too was looking at the height with different options in mind.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 10:54 AM
"like" happy

After considering options here on height movement Ive decided for simplicity sake to keep the movement up vertical faces to 1inch being half the move of regular movement instead of cutting it down to a half inch. This will also allow to speed up the game when going up great heights.

Old August 23rd, 2018, 06:38 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I like the sticks idea!

For movement you just have to make it clear that when moving you place the spot on the base you measured on (say the front of the mini's base) on the final location of movement (when moving fully). In our games people would measure from the front of the base and then place on the back of the base, thus gaining the base's size in movement.

I thought full hexes like water hexes were 1 3/4". I think you will convert to the dark side and go 2 inches to 1 hex.
After much play testing on this and with my Imperial assault gridless projects I have found some slight fixes that needed put into progress. I have updated the OP. I have actually went with a set of measuring sticks, one with 1.5 inch increments, and 1 with 1 inch increments. The 1.5 inch increments are for move and range totals, and the 1 inch sticks are for moving up elevation for movement and for engaging passing by figures within an inch.
I have changed adjacency to characters being within an inch of another figures base. I also have added when a figure comes within an inch of an enemy figure they are engaged. Then if the figure still moves away they are subject to leaving engagement attacks. These fixes were needed to fix issues with my Imperial assault Gridless as well. Heroscape Gridless is still quite fun. Just a few minor tweaks.

Old August 23rd, 2018, 06:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Slick idea.
We use a ruler with levels marked off for custom terrain when playing Heroscape.
Old August 24th, 2018, 06:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Good work Trex!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:06 AM

pokemonHeroscapePaintball Woo who?

hmm sounds like war-hammer, I love war-hammer but the measured movement was my turn off in first place lol, however I may have to try a game with these rules anyways just to mess around a bit.
Old September 6th, 2018, 07:25 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonHeroscapePaintball View Post
hmm sounds like war-hammer, I love war-hammer but the measured movement was my turn off in first place lol, however I may have to try a game with these rules anyways just to mess around a bit.
I used to be against the tape measure and such. I personally have measuring sticks. Notched dowel rods. Where you run into problems really is about how "well" your opponent measures his movement and attacks. I fortunately dont have to play my games with people that are fudgers with the measurements. I used to make loads of custom heroscape terrain that fit to hex shapes and hex boards and it was quite restricting and irritating. Hence, this. Also, your able to use all kinds of figures/bases including crazy big units. Have fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions