Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Songs that Sound the same

I searched the internet about this, and couldn't find anything significant.

Anyways:
Try listening to any of these, and tell me if you notice the similarities:

"I'm into something good" "Get her out of my heart"
"Fame" (I wanna live forever", "When Doves Cry"
"Sing Sing Sing" and the music played on the scare floor in Monsters Inc.
And of course:
"Under Pressure" and "Ice Ice Baby"

Just a random thing I can't get out of my head.

Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:27 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just Curious

Have you ever heard of the 4 chord song? I think it establishes why a lot of songs sound the same.

~Dysole, who agrees that they do sound quite similar
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Songs that Sound the same

http://soundsjustlike.com/

http://soundsjustlike.com/sublime-li...-lady-madonna/

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

"Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz and "Dark Horses" by Switchfoot have almost identical guitar riffs and song structures.
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:46 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A lot of the music from Star Wars and Harry Potter sound the same. Yes, I know both scores are by John Williams. But he's able to maintain his own "voice" in the two different film genres (sci-fi versus fantasy). Not the best example, I know.

My iPod is one of the most diverse you'll ever find. It has a little bit of almost every genre of music there is. I tend to listen to bands/artists that have a unique sound or message (ie: nothing that's mainstream pop or that has cliché lyrics that have to do with any part of a relationship). Because of this, a lot of what I listen to doesn't sound like anything else on my iPod.

/rant

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
"Under Pressure" and "Ice Ice Baby"
In this case, at least, one samples the other. Ice Ice Baby uses a sample of the bass line from Under Pressure. There was an MC Hammer song that did this with When Doves Cry. It was really common late 80s early 90s. At least that is when I noticed.

Beyond that there are a couple basic 4 chord progressions that show up again and again across the music world, not to mention the 12 bar blues. These progressions just flow so naturally that I'm sure some bands might not fully be aware they are doing it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General