Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Any other childfree people here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
It's just that I don't ever want them and I'd recommend against it, not for the sake of society, but just so you can enjoy your life. Besides the parents that don't enjoy children, I don't understand the parents that do. It just seems like such a massive impediment to enjoying your life to me.
The ignorance of the writer that is portrayed by this statement towards the opposite side of the topic renders the writer's entire argument ridiculous. Paraphrasing this statement and others in this thread:

"I've never really spent much time with kids. I don't actually know anything about being a parent or having kids or living with kids or living with a wife with kids (or with a wife without kids) or living with adopted kids with a wife or living with adopted kids without a wife or...really anything whatsoever about kids except that I've heard that they have poopy diapers (never actually changed one though) and childbirth probably hurts (at least that's what happens on TV). But I recommend against having kids, because obviously, you can't enjoy your life if you do have kids."

Become educated about both sides of a topic before choosing one. And until you do, don't criticize others for their choice.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
It's just that I don't ever want them and I'd recommend against it, not for the sake of society, but just so you can enjoy your life. Besides the parents that don't enjoy children, I don't understand the parents that do. It just seems like such a massive impediment to enjoying your life to me.
The ignorance of the writer that is portrayed by this statement towards the opposite side of the topic renders the writer's entire argument ridiculous. Paraphrasing this statement and others in this thread:

"I've never really spent much time with kids. I don't actually know anything about being a parent or having kids or living with kids or living with a wife with kids (or with a wife without kids) or living with adopted kids with a wife or living with adopted kids without a wife or...really anything whatsoever about kids except that I've heard that they have poopy diapers (never actually changed one though) and childbirth probably hurts (at least that's what happens on TV). But I recommend against having kids, because obviously, you can't enjoy your life if you do have kids."

Become educated about both sides of a topic before choosing one. And until you do, don't criticize others for their choice.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Porkins again."
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Porkins again."
No worries Akden, I gotcha' covered!

Excellent post, Porkins! No BS, no frills, just plain, honest, to-the-bone analysis. If only there was more of that on the internet...

~Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
childbirth probably hurts (at least that's what happens on TV)
I thought they had anastesia now?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; May 8th, 2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: :P
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very interesting subject, I'm miles away to be able to debate but I think the most important is not to do the good choice, but to do your choice.

Before make an important choice be sure it's yours and only yours and not dictated by others (society, parents etc...)

Also, why blamming others on their life choices?
We are not super-heroes, we can not live the "perfect" lifes, their will always be things where we had acted selfish or did wrong etc...

Maybe PSG is blamming biogical parents because himself is blammed as a childfree guy.

Acceptation and tolerance are the way to go.

Last edited by Foudzing; May 8th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

To be fair, PGS is right about the diapers.
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

The thing that has bothered me the most is the massive over generalization that your life has much less "fun" in it if you have children.

I would not trade a moment of the 13+ years that I have spent with my daughter for any other "fun" times that I may have had if she was not around.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
The thing that has bothered me the most is the massive over generalization that your life has much less "fun" in it if you have children.

I would not trade a moment of the 13+ years that I have spent with my daughter for any other "fun" times that I may have had if she was not around.

I agree Spidysox.

People that say they don't have fun anymore after having children only have themselves to blame, not the fact that they have kids. Having kids doesn't stop people from having fun.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm actually concerned that when my son grows older, I won't have as much fun. There aren't many adults that want to talk about comics, watch cartoons, and play miniature games with little plastic figures.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I'm actually concerned that when my son grows older, I won't have as much fun. There aren't many adults that want to talk about comics, watch cartoons, and play miniature games with little plastic figures.
The thing that I have noticed is that the fun changes as the years pass.

When my daughter was young it was fun to watch her learn and experience new things. Going to school and making friends, going to kids movies and playing games.

Now that she has gotten older its very different. Watching her mature, gain an understanding of who she is, see her put her knowledge to good use. See the caring that she has for others. And on top of that, she now loves the great geeky movies and tv shows that I do! We watch Walking Dead together every Sunday night, Big Bang Theory on Thursdays and can't wait till all of the superhero movies that we love come out this year!

Fun, fun, fun...

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN51vh-gUqE

Thought this was pretty funny.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:12 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN51vh-gUqE

Thought this was pretty funny.
A lot of that can be done *with* kids. Legos, video games, listening to music, dancing, etc. And naps.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General