Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 5th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: I need Warhammer jokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
LOS is the same in both games though.
Well, I don't know that.

But, its just an example of what an observation *could* be.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:49 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
That's when you explain how LOS in Heroscape is different than in Warhammer

"No no no! You can't shoot that figure, his sword is pointing at you! Of course it matters you fool! Can't you see the grey line on my army card?"
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:17 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Well, I don't know that.

Actually, it's a bit different in Warhammer Fantasy. A unit can only attack within its forward arc, which is a 45-degree angle straight out from its front two corners. If that makes sense. But LoS is basically the same if you're checking for an individual model.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock View Post
Quote:
That's when you explain how LOS in Heroscape is different than in Warhammer

"No no no! You can't shoot that figure, his sword is pointing at you! Of course it matters you fool! Can't you see the grey line on my army card?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Well, I don't know that.

Actually, it's a bit different in Warhammer Fantasy. A unit can only attack within its forward arc, which is a 45-degree angle straight out from its front two corners. If that makes sense. But LoS is basically the same if you're checking for an individual model.

And THIS makes the game better???

Hopefully he'll play HS and start converting all his units.
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Show him how cool the Heroscape Dwarves are, especially with Mok. Then if he is interested, tell him that its too bad that the dwarves have been left out of the latest issue of updated rules and he can't use them in the game anymore!
Old March 6th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

In Soviet Russia, Warhammer plays you.

I don't think it's really a joke that will work that well, but I think it kind of captures Warhammer. It's more of a lifestyle from what I gather. You buy, you assemble, you paint, and then maybe your army is still legal enough to play.
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Show him how cool the Heroscape Dwarves are, especially with Mok. Then if he is interested, tell him that its too bad that the dwarves have been left out of the latest issue of updated rules and he can't use them in the game anymore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post

I don't think it's really a joke that will work that well, but I think it kind of captures Warhammer. It's more of a lifestyle from what I gather. You buy, you assemble, you paint, and then maybe your army is still legal enough to play.
At this point, I just got to say, "And people still PLAY this game???"
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

In some ways I wonder if it is like poker. Already in for a lot on a hand, so may as well go all in.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Actually, the last time I played it years ago, they let me use similar Star Wars minis I already owned to represent a then new WH race. I had to buy the book though.

PS: I HATE Games Workshops and all their works! They are The Devil.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Though I've just started Warhammer Fantasy this past year, I think I'll stick to playing casually. That way, my friends and I can proxy/mod/bend the rules all we want and still have fun (much like Sylvanoscape).

From my experience just watching a few turns at local tournaments and leagues, those players are much more strict with the game in general than how I play. That said, Warhammer tournaments would be much less fun than a Heroscape tournament. Too difficult and too high of a potential for arguments.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:26 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just tell him that Warmachine (Or Warmahordes) is better.
(Even though it is true.)

Ask him how he has to transport his figures. When he shows you the 2'x2' box with super padded insulation and bullet resistant reinforcing that Warhammer players tend to spend 100's of dollars on, show him your paper bag. Tell him that your figures are much less fragile and can handle being jostled.

When he reveals an order marker and only moves what is on the marker (which is right) look at him, as if to say "That's it?" Pretend that you expected him to move his whole army.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Quest Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:

Though I've just started Warhammer Fantasy this past year, I think I'll stick to playing casually. That way, my friends and I can proxy/mod/bend the rules all we want and still have fun (much like Sylvanoscape).

From my experience just watching a few turns at local tournaments and leagues, those players are much more strict with the game in general than how I play. That said, Warhammer tournaments would be much less fun than a Heroscape tournament. Too difficult and too high of a potential for arguments.
I have heard that it is a lot of fun played casually. Getting an older edition and whatever minis you can find is just as good and a whole lot cheaper. Sure you don't get to play tournaments, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion