Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 31st, 2022, 07:52 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

I'd like to do a War of the Worlds scenario. Free-for-all; everybody make two different 500-point armies. All units in an army must come from the same world. The two armies must be from different worlds.

I can choose a map as soon as we know how many people are coming.

Old February 4th, 2022, 11:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Taeblewalker's War of the Worlds game is now tentatively scheduled for Wed. Feb. 16, if the other guys can make it. I'm glad both Classic and Custom book lists for Scape character cards are displayed by Planet in their respective site locations.

Valentine's Day this month is the week I'm reopening The Game Palace here for gaming and multiplayer gatherings, and visiting in general. I have three dates for such set up so far. The Covid curve continues to flatten here in NYC, and I've had my booster, like everyone I know.

Hope you're getting back to some semblance of normality where you are. My great drugstore, Rite Aid, is suddenly closing; the chain is losing many stores all over the US. Luckily, we have others nearby.
Old February 12th, 2022, 03:55 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

TablewalkerScape: War of the Worlds

Next Wednesday's Feb. 16 Heroscape games will be one of four board game days I'll be playing for my Grand Reopening Week; the first visitors I'll be having over since Omicron. I've just printed out the last 6 C3V cards on the Home Page for our use. They are identified upthread.

TW has selected the map: Impediment by Nomad.

All four of us should be there for this much anticipated event!

Other games I'll be playing next week include Undaunted Reinforcements--North Africa (on TTS), Russian Campaign (the old Avalon Hill one), and The Great Wall, the fifth arrival of my six PrePandemic Kickstarters. Other than KS, my latest acquisition is Brian Boru.

Last edited by chas; February 18th, 2022 at 09:36 AM.
Old February 15th, 2022, 09:13 AM

The Impediment map has such an interesting feature that I've sent copies of it to the other guys after TW sent it to me. Since I usually see the map to build it here, I build my armies first before looking at/selecting it, and suggested they do the same. In this case I thought they might want a heads up to start thinking about unit placement in the central start hexes!

In this case each 20 hex Start Zone which is at the edge of the map as usual, also has 4 more hexes in the central lake area of the battlefield! Three are contiguous inside a ruin so that noone should have a line of sight to the other player's central units right away.

We'll be starting up a bit later than our usual Noon arrival time; probably around 1:30 PM. Or we may play a preliminary game before all four of us are assembled by then.

I've got my two armies, and will be using one of the more recent C3V figures I haven't tried yet. I've also printed out the last six of those cards as displayed now on the Home Page for anyone to use, and a couple of SOVs I haven't seen. I look forward to trying more of them in the future.

If you're not one of our gang, I hope you'll have a chance to Scape soon, if you've been semi isolating from Omicron like we have for a while!
Old February 15th, 2022, 02:03 PM

A Minis Trip Down Memory Lane

Looking for apt proxies for my armies has given me a chance today to revist some old containers I haven't opened in years. Some figures I had but didn't remember where I stored them. Others I bought and totally forgot about.

Star Wars minis that are now used for C3V cards? Giant Star Wars monsters and mechanical vehicles, robots, and equipment? A couple of custom Space Marine Chapters? (I don't play Games Workshops games, but they're good SF proxies). Heroclix figures Good, Bad, and Neutral?

Its been a lot of fun, and I've only got one more proxy to find for my two Scape Armies for tomorrow, which gives me the excuse to look at a few more big boxes...
Old February 16th, 2022, 08:08 AM

TABLEWALKER'S WAR OF THE WORLDS: THE ARMIES

Chas Army One (Arctorus): "Cthulhu and the Crystaloids"

160 The Varja
140 Z'Thoth, Mouth of the Abyss
130 Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands x2
60 Specters of Aldorn

Total: 490 13 Spaces

Chas Army Two (Feylund) "Monsters From The Id"

180 Axentia
120 Asterios
100 Himmelskraele
80 Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep

Total: 480 6 Spaces

Kolakoski Army One (Toril)

140 Master of the Hunt
130 Kozil
115 Boreos
110 Sharwin Wildborn

Total: 495 4 Spaces

Kolakoski Army Two (Arctorus)

195 Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands x3
175 Corvor The Tainted One
90 Rygarn
40 Siiv

Total: 500 12 Spaces

Sherman Davies Army One (Earth)

300 10th Regiment of Foot x4
100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
90 Wastewalker Gage
10 Isamu

Total: 500 19 Spaces

Sherman Davies Army Two (Valhalla)

330 Minions of Utgar x3
90 Atlaga
80 Raelin

Total: 500 11 Spaces

Taeblewalker Army One (Alpha Prime)

60 Zetacron
400 Omnicron Snipers x4
40 Omnicron Repulsors

Total: 500 16 Spaces

Taeblewalker Army Two (Valhalla)

300 Quasatch Hunters x3
200 Granite Guardians x2

Total: 500 15 Spaces

Victors

Game One: Kolakoski

Game Two: Sherman Davies

Army Commentary: Since I'm the one who builds the maps here for those we select for the games we all run in rotation, I pick my armies before I see the battlefields, or at least without regard for them, since you've not supposed to build knowing what the map will be. In this case, by total happenstance, my Army One should be very good for fighting in the central lake, where the Army Two probably wouldn't go near it. Each has one new C3V I haven't played yet, Specters of Aldorn and Axentia. Kolakoski also went for "experimental" armies, where the other two just did more traditional ones. The unit SD (long a member of the committee) hadn't played was Wastewalker Gage. Both K. and I tried out the Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands in different quantities (I had played them once before). I had the proper minis from my very large old Star Wars minis collection. TW of course has long been involved in play testing C3Vs.

Both TW and SD were playing some serious Squadscape, which SD did in the second game. But K and I also had some squads (the same types in the two different games).

Normally I might have used more of the new types on the Home Page, but the format prevented that. I do like to play everyone the committee approves as they come out more or less, so I've still got some catching up to do. I've heard that in upcoming new figures more SciFi in general is coming up later on than our usual plethora of Fantasy types.

Last edited by chas; February 18th, 2022 at 09:37 AM.
Old February 18th, 2022, 09:20 AM

Game Commentary

These were very bloody games, where both TW and I lost lots of our figures early on, often before we could use their special powers of our figures due to situational position! This was especially true of my Specters of Aldorn, who seized the center island but then got shot to death by TWs Omicron Snipers and other players.

The others each won a game. In the first case K. won a last minute duel against SD with only two or three figures left on the battlefield. Whereas the second was an overwhelming victory for SD, who had plenty of figures left as the rest of us ran dry.

One thing I suggested which we did was to vary our usual table positions for both games, so that I wasn't next the the players I usually am neighbors with. It didn't help me this time, but was extra fun.

In March SD will finish our rotation by running the game.
Old February 20th, 2022, 10:03 PM

From Sherman Davies,

Hey guys, lemme know if Wednesday March 9 is a good date for our next meeting. I'm planning on running a scenario using Impediment, the map we just played on in Taeblewalker's game. (I'm attaching it below for convenience.)

The scenario calls for 600-point armies with a 24-space limit. I figure we can play the scenario twice, so design two or more armies if you like. All official units, VC and Sherman Davies customs allowed. The scenario will revolve around control of the central island. At the end of each round, the player with the most figures occupying the central island earns a victory point. If multiple players tie for number of figures on the island, they each receive a victory point. The game ends after 10 rounds; the player (or players) with the most victory points wins.

Last edited by chas; February 21st, 2022 at 02:39 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2022, 09:53 AM

The Sherman Davies game is now set for Wed. March 9. I have my two armies, one of which is Species specific, and the other General specific. SD was intrigued by the map we used last time, and has made up this different scenario for it.

We also have an upstate Scaper who wants to join us occasionally, and may come for this next game. As usual, we welcome all visitor players with open arms. If you're in or near the NYC area come join us!

I am now cross pollinating a bit with players in the Poughkeepsie/Highland area upstate, and Taeblewalker, who lives another hour north of there is playing there now regularly on several game nights, and having some of those locals coming over for his own gaming group.

I've had a couple of them down here, and now that we are leaving Omicron isolation for more face to face gaming, they are planning to come down here once again! I'm looking forward to that, for Scape and other games too.

If you'd like to get my local board gaming schedule/newsletter, just PM me here with your questions and/or regular email, and I'll add you to the list, which now boasts over 45 players! I'm retired, and hosting various games here all the time, especially the newer ones, most of which finally came after being backed or ordered before the original Pandemic.

Last edited by chas; March 8th, 2022 at 10:27 AM.
Old March 8th, 2022, 10:33 AM

Chas Armies For SD Scape 3/9/22

Chas Army 1: "Marro Masters"

Kon-Tar-Na 150
Tul-Bak-Ra 130
Marro Dividers x4 200
Marro Stingers x2 120
Total: 600 20 Spaces

Chas Army 2: "Valkrill Vanquishers"

Maratuk 195
Ashi-Dhulu 115
Horned Skull Brutes x3 225
Skull Demon 65
Total: 600 13 Spaces
Old March 8th, 2022, 03:28 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

My armies:

Yellow Peril
275 Mandarin
175 Green Goblin
150 Iron Fist
600, 3 spaces

Merc Madness
200 Cable
175 Deadpool
115 Silver Samurai
110 Ninjas of the Northern Wind
600, 6 spaces

Old March 8th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Army 1: Cyprien, Sonja, Iskra, Rechets, 3x Shades of Bleakewoode

Army 2: 2x Fen Hydra, Venoc Warlord, 6x Venoc Vipers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion