Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
How fragile is HeroScape? Leaving plastic out in the cold.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any bizarre deformation or wear to their HeroScape components if exposed to both ends of the spectrum in terms of temperature or lighting.

My home has a large three-season room which we typically use for entertaining and as an extended family room. I live in Ohio, and in January temperatures in that room can reach 80 degrees (without any heating) due to direct sunlight on a clear day, and as low as the outdoor temperatures (zero or lower) the moment the sun goes down. We use two 1500W electric radiators in the evenings if we plan on using the room, but the heaters are turned off at bed time or if we're away.

As my HeroScape collection has grown, particularly with the castle sets, setting up and breaking down a board can be quite a task. So I'm leaving boards set up for extended periods.

I'm wondering if the plastics used in the game (whether the tiles, figures, or whatever) will become brittle, or even melt, if left out in a room where the temps could fluctuate so wildly. Also, how resistant to sun-fading/bleaching are the tiles should I leave a board set up for a week or longer? Anyone notice any damage to their sets leaving them for extended periods in a similar type room, or maybe a car?
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
All plastics degrade in direct sunlight. So do paints. Avoid it at all costs.

And as far as temps go....avoid heat (100 degrees or more)....and unless you're getting to -150 degrees or less the cold shouldn't be a problem.

Old January 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Egg has disabled reputation
Heat is definitely more of a problem then cold... I have a Grimnak with a droopy spear as I left him in the car one hot summer day...

Egg

This Butcher is checkin' out!
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM

XacXado has disabled reputation
don't they have meds for that? i keep seeing this commercials about "poles" and such
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg
Heat is definitely more of a problem then cold... I have a Grimnak with a droopy spear as I left him in the car one hot summer day...

Egg
Yes, a 'droopy spear' would be very frustrating!
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:17 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
Direct sunlight isnt good. Heat though is a problem affecting heroscapers daily. If you would please call this toll free number and donate 25 dollars a month (less than a dollar a day!) you can help aid the christian heroscapers fund in helping stop this deadly sunlight.
Wow that was odd..
But seriously avoid extreme heat and direct sunlight over LONG periods of times. And 9 year old cousin/neices that like to run around the house a lot and make up their own little world with hs peices and when they decide to kill off a figure really kill it off.

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion