Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
I need Graphic teaching, thanks

I need to do a joke with a pic of a friend:

What should i do to convert this pic in a coin? (i mean: what filter/effect/techniques should i apply to transform a color face in a gold "relief"?)

I use PaintShopPro, if this matters...

Thanks

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old June 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
you're going to need a higher def pic to get anything that looks remotely like your friend on a coin.
Otherwise your going to be stuck with "someone's head on a coin" or "a weird shape on a coin"
Old June 8th, 2006, 08:19 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey_snake
you're going to need a higher def pic to get anything that looks remotely like your friend on a coin.
Otherwise your going to be stuck with "someone's head on a coin" or "a weird shape on a coin"
Uh! This pic was took with a cell phone, it's all i have.
Anyway.... why is it so bad to do the work?

Old June 8th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Trim away the excess image around the head image then
Convert to grey scale.
Emboss.
Sharpen

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old June 8th, 2006, 09:01 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
Uh! This pic was took with a cell phone, it's all i have.
I was just reading this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
Anyway.... why is it so bad to do the work?
There's probably not enough pixels to pull off a good embossing.
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:36 PM
ultradoug

no idea, I just keeped adding yellows to it and layers on top,also took off the red color I belive, this is what I came up with:
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:14 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
what atmospro said but also:

get a jpg from the usmint.gov site
remove the existing character from the coin (clone tool)
put your embossed pic on a new layer above the coin
select the area of your image
make another layer
use the eyedropper tool to select the coin color
use the paintbucket to fill the selection area on the new layer
set the color layer to adjust "color"
use the lasso tool to grab the year and in god we trust text to move it to the right position.
In this case I also rotated the coin to position the liberty text and reduced the year text size.

is this what you want?
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Of course, Parduz will not be wanting a U.S. coin ...

He's in Italy!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM

Thanks to all, guys.
I will try today (fever keeps me at home in these days ).
Bunjee, it is almost what i want, i only need more "goldish/shining" effect.... and the coin will be totally new, not some already existing.

Old June 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Parduz, try making the head into a pattern. I don't even know if you can do that in Paintshop, but here's how it works in Photoshop:

1. Increase your canvas size dramatically.
2. Set to grayscale
3. Select the entire canvas and define a pattern
4. New file; fill the background with a gradient that looks like shiny metal
5. Make a new layer about the size of the head.
6. Texture the new layer using the head pattern
7. Flatten the layer effect (just on that layer) and erase the outside bevel

This should make the whole head stand out pretty well. Since your background is black, you may have to invert it. I don't even know how this would work in Paintshop, though.

The other stuff ought to work, too, though.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:33 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Also, if you have the full version of Photoshop (I was only using PS Elements 2.0 for the above) there is a filter called plastic wrap that often seems to bring out the shiny effect well.

Since you are making a new coin it might actually be easier. Positioning any text and the like. If you create a selection circle you can apply a stroke to it and then emboss the stroke to get the coin edge.

Also, I didn't bother to just increase the resolution of the image before I started. since you don't need to worry about the final detail as much you could certainly increase the resolution of the image, this can help with the shiny in later steps.

I wish I had more information on PaintshopPro as the names of the effects and commands may differ. Good luck, remember:
Trial and error
Lots of copies of different stages
Lots and lots of layers to try out different options

here are some links for tutorials on PSP I found on the internet:
http://www.huntfor.com/design/tutori...intshoppro.htm (general tutorials)
http://www.grafx-design.com/10psp.html (chromed text)
http://www.grafx-design.com/13psp.html (gold tone text)

It looks like the effect you'll want to use is called "Hot Wax"
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:46 PM

Thanks again for the tips: i should have try today, but the new disk (the one which should replace the burned one in warranty) is damaged too. So i'm fighting right now against a the 4th complete format/re-install of the whole xp/hw drivers/sw in 2 days.....sigh

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General