Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mentallo - Design Phase

Don't know the character but the design looks solid to me. Nice one Hahma.
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

• Quote:
    choose up to 3 Common figures within 10 spaces and roll the 20-sided die one at a time for each chosen figure. If Mentallo didn't move this turn, add 5 to the die roll. After the 20-sided die is rolled for each all chosen figures, for any figure you rolled 13 or higher for, you may then one at a time take temporary control of that figure and immediately take a turn with it. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before Telepathic Suggestion was used.
Would that be clearer with the "all chosen figures" instead of "each chosen figure"?

I was going for rolling the d20 for each of the chosen figures first, then after all the d20's were rolled, one at a time take a turn with each figure with a successful d20 roll against it. That way it wouldn't be d20, take turn and roll attack dice with common figure, roll d20, take turn and roll attack dice with common figure. I was hoping for all the successes determined first, then take a turn with each figure.

Synergies shouldn't count for them right, such as the Shield Agents move bonus from another one wounding a figure. So if Mentallo took control of 3 Shield Agents, he is only controlling them during the time he is taking a turn with them, so then the other two wouldn't benefit from that Cover Fire power. But if Mentallo's team had a synergy that could be used from the controlled figure as a trigger, then that should work because you are controlling that figure as well as your own that would receive any synergy bonus.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good edit. And, yeah, the figures should be moving in isolation of each other, I'd think. May make for some quirky rulings when it comes to squad play, but that's why we do squad tests! So we can figure some of these things out in advance.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 11th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Sounds clear to me.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Sounds clear to me.
But how does it read?

Thanks!

Sent out to ERB. Tickle isn't on the list in Welcome to C3G ERB members so he didn't get one.

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:57 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ugh. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to update that and announce it. Too much to keep up with between here and the two jobs!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

ERB from Margloth

Quote:
For some reason all the contractions in this guy's text are bothering me. Are contractions common on C3G cards?

I can maybe see some confusion with taking control of individual squad members (especially if you get really lucky and Suggest an entire squad of 3), but I think a a FAQ should clear things up pretty easily.

My only other fear is that with 3 defense and 4 lives, he'll die pretty quickly without doing anything. But he does have quite a bit of range on his special power, so that should help.
I had forgotten to change the SP before sending it out to ERB with the change of "any chosen figures" in it for common figures control. I think that may be where the contradictions that Margloth had been talking about, and that's why I had changed it because it did seem contradictory of when you activate the figures. I had before almost seemed like it could have been after successful roll of d20 and not at the end like I intended.

As far as his survivability, we can up the defense if it seems like a problem, though considering he's a Mutant and a Criminal, it seems like he will have plenty of synergy to allow for OM flex and other teammates to distract the opponent to help keep the opponent off his back a little bit. The range of 10 is pretty good to help that out as well.

Old February 12th, 2013, 11:12 AM

He wasn't talking about "contradictions," he was talking about "contractions" like "wasn't" instead of "was not" and so forth.

Old February 12th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

That's what I get for reading too fast, it blurred into contradictions for me

Old February 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM

So there wasn't a dic in there until you added one?

Old February 12th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So there wasn't a dic in there until you added one?
That's dirty Bats

Last edited by Hahma; February 12th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

ERB from David:

Quote:
Alright!!! Another version of the villain with the Kryptonite in his chest! Oh, wait...

Mentallo

Psycho Helmet

I wear one of those.

A Google check shows they hyphenated it: Psycho-Helmet. However, Google has been known to be wrong, so I'll simply pass it along.

This is a neat counter to Intangibility and Invisibility type abilities. The way the wording flows is somewhat rough and took a couple of readings, but you're simply following the wording of the abilities you intend to counter. So I'm not certain it's possible to make the text flow more smoothly. Would it work to remove the word opponent's? I think it would read more smoothly without it, but I don't want to create a technical problem if it is removed.

Telepathic Suggestion

Buy more Sgt Miniatures buy more Sgt Miniatures buy more...
What?

The first item doesn't specity that Order Markers remain on the card as it does with Puppet Master, but wording is pretty tight here. I checked a couple of abilities that allow moving Order Markers, and those are contingent on initiative and revealing the Order Marker at the beginning of the turn. Neither of those cases would apply here.

The second item... Ooooo, mind control for commons??? Very neat idea, and the common figures don't even have to come from the same squad.

Civilians' Strength in Numbers: Since you're taking control of each figure one at a time, would the controlled Civilians get the bonus? Same concept applies to Amazon Warriors: would this nerf the Spear Volley?

Commissioner Gordon's Call for Backup: If you have Lawman and take control of Gordon, I would think you would be able to use Call for Backup for your own Lawmen, which would be thematic.

One type of figure unaffected (besides Event Heroes, which can't be affected anyway): Unique Squad figures. I guess you'll have to bribe the Killer Penguins.

Mental Shield

Translation: Mentallo can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Final Thoughts

You have some really great ideas in this design. Good stuff!

Buy more Sgt Miniatures buy more Sgt Miniatures buy more...
What?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library