Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 24th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Hank Pym (Public Playtesting)

Thanks, Arch!

A lot of the value I found was using Ant-Man to duck in and out of fights that YJ couldn’t win normally, which the Ants really helped with. So not horribly surprised/worried it didn’t feel worth it without winning initiative much. Still, YJ II and Ms. Marvel is always a powerful combo, so seems like that balanced it out a bit.
Old June 28th, 2020, 01:41 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, MrNobody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
PLAYTEST UNIT: Hank Pym

Army Test 1
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Hank Pym, Ant-Man(Hank Pym), Giant-Man(Hank Pym), Captain America(Steve Rogers), Wasp(II),Iron Man(Mark IV), Fire Ant Swarm X2, Killer Bee X2 (1000) VS Batman(Bruce Wayne)(II), Green Arrow(Oliver Queen), Green Lantern(Hal Jordan), Flash(Barry Allen) (1000)

Power Usage:
Spoiler Alert!

Play by Play:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Hank Pym, Ant-Man(Hank Pym), Giant-Man(Hank Pym), Hawkeye(III), Iron Man(Avengers), Stature, Killer Bee X2, Fire Ant Swarm X2 (1000) VS Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch(Johnny Storm), The Thing(1000)

Power Usage:
Spoiler Alert!

Play by Play:
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: At first glance Hank is extremely confusing. It doesn’t take long to understand what the card is saying, but I feel there is a better way to word it. On the other hand, what a great idea to bring Ant-Man and Giant-Man into the same army. It was pretty fun having the ability to transform at will. Sorry about not using the Robotics Engineering power, I picked out the two armies I was going to play with and completely forgot to add an Android/Cyborg. I wrote up a little re-word for the powers, it helped to make more sense to me.

Quote:
PYM PARTICLES
When you may draft this figure you may draft any other Hank Pyms that are Scientists and do not share a size into the same army. with any other Hank Pyms that are Scientists. None of the additional Hank Pyms may share a size. While there is an Avenger Marker on this card, these Hank Pyms are also considered to have an Avenger Marker on their cards. Start the game with this figure on the battlefield. Only one of your Hank Pyms can be on the battlefield at a time. If another Hank Pym you control would be destroyed, instead place two Wound Markers on this card and immediately replace the Hank Pym you control with another Hank Pym in your army, if possible. If this Hank Pym is destroyed, all Hank Pyms in your army are destroyed.

SIZE CHANGE
Instead of taking a turn with a Hank Pym you control, you may switch it with another Hank Pym in your army and take a turn with that the other Hank Pym. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with whichever Hank Pym you control.
Thanks! No worries about not using Robotics Engineering, it’s really feeling like flavor text at this point.
I like that he’s thinking about wording, even if I don’t totally agree with where he’s coming from.

Robotics Engineering does seem to mostly be flavor text. That’s fine, and I dig it here, but it’s also a really busy card. I might ask the final tester to try a focus on Androids/Cyborgs, just to have that data.
Old July 1st, 2020, 07:22 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
This makes me realize that we need a Goliath and a miniature Yellow Jacket persona.
Oh, and a Hank as Wasp design.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 1st, 2020, 07:51 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Quote:
This makes me realize that we need a Goliath and a miniature Yellow Jacket persona.
Oh, and a Hank as Wasp design.
I actually have him, linked in my workshop thread. He’s pretty old though, so I’d probably rework him a bit. It’s just a cool mini and a cool era for the character.

Ronin also has an Avengers Academy Hank design, using the gigantic figure for him. Just sucks we don’t have all the members of that group.
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:34 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Ronin also has an Avengers Academy Hank design, using the gigantic figure for him. Just sucks we don’t have all the members of that group.
Or, uh, any of the members of that group. One of these years I'll start in on those guys.
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:48 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Or, uh, any of the members of that group. One of these years I'll start in on those guys.
I mainly meant Clix-wise. I know we’ve discussed it before, but I’ll forever be annoyed that Wizkids only gave us half of that team for some reason.
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Oh yeah, I hate that they skipped a few. No Finesse is a bummer.
Old July 10th, 2020, 01:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Unfortunately that second game, where I tried holding him back, wasn't useful at all, since Cap and Bucky soloed the other army! I'll have more thoughts after I play AlexH12 tomorrow night.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: HANK PYM
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom Map with two single Unit Skyscrapers, each with a start zone on its ground floor
Units: Captain America (240), Robot (210), Hank Pym (90), Yellowjacket (II) (190), Ant-Man (30), Jocasta (180), Bucky (60) (1,000)
vs Fantastic Four (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom Map with two single Unit Skyscrapers, each with a start zone on its ground floorUnits: Captain America (240), Robot (210), Hank Pym (90), Yellowjacket (II) (190), Ant-Man (30), Jocasta (180), Bucky (60)
vs Wonder Woman (III) (310), Green Arrow (II) (210), Black Canary (I) (190), Booster Gold (290) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 10th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Just A Head

Thanks! I’m going to ask Bats and Alex to test him at 60 for the final games. It’ll either be too powerful or it won’t be.
Old July 15th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
SIZE CHANGE
At the start of each player's turn, you may switch the Hank Pym you control with another Hank Pym in your army. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Instead of taking a turn with a Hank Pym in your army, you may take a turn with whichever Hank Pym you control.
After talking with Bats (who has now run his own gams as well as one with AlexH12), I'm thinking about making this change.

Bats (as well as Archie) just haven't found much strategic use in the size changing aspect of the design, and I feel like if that aspect isn't working, the whole design is kind of a flop.

This change would be a relative power-up for the design, but he wasn't coming in super hot before. It would allow him to use his Robotics Engineering more easily, and would also enable some fun defensive shenanigans with switching between big and little mode. Also saves some text, so I'm all about that.
Old July 15th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like this change. Makes it cleaner. Should be swapping more frequently between his forms than Bruce Banner would.
Old July 15th, 2020, 12:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, digging that. Frequent swaps are what this guy is supposed to be all about.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library