Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old July 2nd, 2021, 09:58 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Welcome to the Engineers of Valhalla

Yeah, I think I might be in the minority here so I'll relieve the tension. Maybe it's better to go that route, I don't have any helpful input there.
Old July 2nd, 2021, 11:00 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Personally I'd like to see someone take the concept work I did on a possible ruined Kyrie building, or outpost, and turn it into a 3d printable file. I had plans to create this out of foam core with glued on images created in Photoshop, but I never got around to it. I get the impression that a lot of you would be interested in working in this kind of direction? Anyway, was just catching up on the thread this evening and thought of this abandoned project of mine. Maybe it would help give all of you some focus.

The idea was to design and establish the overall look of a Kyrie City first.

Here's a link to the larger city image in my gallery:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...y_original.jpg

Then, since the world is at war, I designed what a war torn Kyrie building or outpost might look like. I also worked in carvings and other symbols that I felt the Kyrie would incorporate into their structures (you can see some wing motifs on the city overview). Plus there's functionality of the building. Since they fly they would have landing porches on their structures. Any doorways below would be to allow non-flying visitors or workers into the structure. Makes for good defense from ground attacks too!

Next I tried to determine how to best design and build the actual structure. This would basically just be an object to hide in and climb on. It would be cool to see 2 or 3 ruined structures similar to this on the battlefield.

I was basing some of this utilizing the pre-existing castle set as a guide. Not only the look but the color. It should match the castle grey so the terrain objects could work together on the battlefield.

Anyway, just a thought. Do any of you have the ability to create the 3d models used for printing? Something that I've often thought of exploring myself, but, you know, who has the time?

Last edited by Grishnakh; July 2nd, 2021 at 11:20 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2021, 12:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

TREX does.
Love that Grish, especially the ruined structure.
I was working on something like for C3G awhile ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Old July 3rd, 2021, 10:02 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
TREX does.
Yep! That. That is exactly what I mean Tornado. Good job. I'm glad you created that and I'm sure it brings a lot of fun possibilities to the game. Love the ladder by the way. I needed to incorporate something like that for non-flyers in my design. Imagine a whole city board like that. Now we're entering Mordhiem or Frostgrave territory....
Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That city is amazing, Grish!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:39 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That was my dream. The ruined format makes interior play way more feasible.
Mostly inspired by you and a few things I found online. The white chunk with no paint is a Destructible section of wall.

I also messed around with opening and closing doors and windows.
The ladder is nice for ground pounders. Stairs would be really cool as well. I think McMeeple had something inspired by your elevators. C3G did stair tokens as well which is what I will probably use if I ever pursue this further for that project.
Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:50 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We did those elevator VDOs too.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:53 AM

Yeah but I figure the elevator is probably broken in a ruined building.
Could maybe have a malfunctioning Elevator that might work or might not or might drop you.
Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:54 AM

Heh that’s fun. Or maybe even the one we have but start it with a few wounds?

Old July 3rd, 2021, 09:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
TREX does.
Yep! That. That is exactly what I mean Tornado. Good job. I'm glad you created that and I'm sure it brings a lot of fun possibilities to the game. Love the ladder by the way. I needed to incorporate something like that for non-flyers in my design. Imagine a whole city board like that. Now we're entering Mordhiem or Frostgrave territory....
I do quite a bit of 3D modeling lately Grish. I also 3D print a storm of things. I have a combination of 5 3D printers of both fdm and resin. I print miniatures , vehicles, buildings, scatter terrain, busts, and even dollhouse furniture for my daughter.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Personally I'd like to see someone take the concept work I did on a possible ruined Kyrie building, or outpost, and turn it into a 3d printable file. I had plans to create this out of foam core with glued on images created in Photoshop, but I never got around to it. I get the impression that a lot of you would be interested in working in this kind of direction? Anyway, was just catching up on the thread this evening and thought of this abandoned project of mine. Maybe it would help give all of you some focus.

The idea was to design and establish the overall look of a Kyrie City first.

Here's a link to the larger city image in my gallery:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...y_original.jpg

Then, since the world is at war, I designed what a war torn Kyrie building or outpost might look like. I also worked in carvings and other symbols that I felt the Kyrie would incorporate into their structures (you can see some wing motifs on the city overview). Plus there's functionality of the building. Since they fly they would have landing porches on their structures. Any doorways below would be to allow non-flying visitors or workers into the structure. Makes for good defense from ground attacks too!

Next I tried to determine how to best design and build the actual structure. This would basically just be an object to hide in and climb on. It would be cool to see 2 or 3 ruined structures similar to this on the battlefield.

I was basing some of this utilizing the pre-existing castle set as a guide. Not only the look but the color. It should match the castle grey so the terrain objects could work together on the battlefield.

Anyway, just a thought. Do any of you have the ability to create the 3d models used for printing? Something that I've often thought of exploring myself, but, you know, who has the time?
Grish, what rough dimensions for these are you wanting. For example, height depth, width, etc? Do you want playable interiors etc? Or I could possibly just mock something up based off the pictures above. This project isn’t really going in a direction that I would like, but I wouldn’t mind helping the mighty Grishnakh. You’ve done a lot for me in getting me hooked on making miniatures terrain with all your great tutorials. It would be more of a thank you from my end for all your contributions. Also. I really love games like frostgrave and have scratch built a ton of stuff for that along with 3D printing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 10th, 2021, 12:33 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Grish, what rough dimensions for these are you wanting. For example, height depth, width, etc? Do you want playable interiors etc? Or I could possibly just mock something up based off the pictures above. This project isn’t really going in a direction that I would like, but I wouldn’t mind helping the mighty Grishnakh. You’ve done a lot for me in getting me hooked on making miniatures terrain with all your great tutorials. It would be more of a thank you from my end for all your contributions. Also. I really love games like frostgrave and have scratch built a ton of stuff for that along with 3D printing.
Thanks for the offer Trex. I really only dug that old project up as a concept example of what I thought this new group might possibly look at doing. I don't know, perhaps I thought I could help steer the members into focusing and thinking about creating new classic 'Scape terrain, much like the designers at Hasbro might have done back in the day.

As 3d printing has become more accessible the possibilities of a terrain start up group forming has become a lot more viable. Not like the "old days" (when I was more active here) where all we had was cardboard and glue! Lol. Sorry to see it's probably not going to happen. It does take strong leadership, and someone with a vision to get this kinda group thing going. And that whole individual vision thing is probably why I think the kind of terrain one builds is more on an individual level, rather than on a group one. Besides, I enjoy the people on this site that work alone on custom material. Never was a fan of design by committee, I'm too damn independent myself!

Regardless, sorry for the late reply. I had to travel outta state on some sad family business and it's occupied my time. I have no plans for the Kyrie building concept that I posted. If you, or someone else, wants to use some of those concepts and create something out of it I'd say go for it.

As for me, I moved on to a few other games that I have enjoyed modifying, tinkering with and building terrain for. But who knows. My son and I actually dusted off and revised a lot of our Superhero cards recently, invited some friends over, played a couple of games, and enjoyed the hell out of it. I think my modified version of what I think 'Scape both is, and can be, will hit the table a little more often in the future. After all these years that it's sat gathering dust on my shelves it's still is a great game! Especially when you pour your own creativity into it and really just make it your own, rather than just play it straight outta the box as is. It's such a robust system. And I'm glad to hear that it's served as a springboard for you to be actively creative in other games that you play. That, in and of itself, is what I think makes this hobby of ours so wonderful.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles