Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 25th, 2014, 08:15 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of 8th Infantry Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
I agree with cmgames, the power only says they have to be able to move adjacent, not that they then have to actually do so. I would think a small wording change should take place if the intent of the power was to make gaining the move spaces conditional on ending their movement adjacent to the hero. Otherwise we're not doing what the card actually says.

"Do what the card says to do, not what it doesn't say to do" is a commonly quoted phrase, but when you try to do that here we're told not to actually do what the card says?...

I understand the precedent is there, but the Kozuke power doesn't say they have to move adjacent, only that they have to be able to. Precedent is fine, but when the original card was worded as only that the kozuke have to be ABLE to move adajacent, not that they MUST, and a ruling outside of the card was required to say that you're not actually supposed to do what the card says, then I think changing the precedent would be worthwhile.
Yes, but the original game designers chose that wording as it caused funky loops if the Kozuke died (lava, leaving engagement, engagement strike, etc.) and they were required to end their turn adjacent. So are you going to believe you are right, or the rules team for classic Heroscape . C3V doesn't like to change things that are already established in the rules (for example the whole discussion about powers using white dice.)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; July 25th, 2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: fixed my wording and I'm not sure why we're even arguing on this, just trust why the original designers wrote that.
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:30 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm OK with the ruling. That's what the clarifications and rulings part of The Books is all about.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. It was a deliberate decision by the Editing team to follow the precedent of the Kozuke in this case. And, CMG, you can see how some obvious alternatives lead to confusion quickly: if you "must" end your move adjacent to the target figure, but you are destroyed by Engagement Strike on the way, what happens? So, this is (to put it kindly) inelegant wording. But there is a reason for it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:51 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

So "must end their move adjacent to x unless destroyed" was too complicated? I'll defer to the wisdom of the masses, but I still think the original wording could have been done better.

-Tank, Gracefully(?) stepping out.
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So "must end their move adjacent to x unless destroyed" was too complicated?
Too complicated, no. But the Kozuke power is a perfectly appropriate guide to go by here, and when such a guide exists, C3V uses it.

Quote:
I'll defer to the wisdom of the masses, but I still think the original wording could have been done better.
I don't think anyone really disagrees with that.
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's not good language. Maybe the worst there is on any card. But I do not think there are any easy answers here, either.

= =
Old July 25th, 2014, 10:02 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

There's one important piece of synergy missing: Airborne Elite.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 25th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

CMG, you got that one?

= =
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:24 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
There's one important piece of synergy missing: Airborne Elite.
What about them? That they can end their Marching Orders movement adjacent to these figures? I can include them for that, but that's kinda stretching the concept of Synergy Benefit Received, I think.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
What about them? That they can end their Marching Orders movement adjacent to these figures? I can include them for that, but that's kinda stretching the concept of Synergy Benefit Received, I think.

~Z
Nope, it's not stretching the concept of Synergy Benefits Received at all.
Old September 9th, 2014, 02:32 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe Synergy Benefits Offered should include Sir Orrick's A BROTHER'S CALL
Old September 9th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks, Serenity! See if you can let cmgames know. He did the OP. Or I could do it: I summon you, @cmgames !

If that doesn't work, I'll take care of it.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs